Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    Nothing at all is wrong with me...I am actually ECSTATIC to be rid of his 'potential' and Hope like hell he has an awesome year so that maybe the Reds will finally realize that maybe, just maybe...Brook Jacoby needs to go! and Stubbs and Bauer were the focal pts of the trade, with Choo coming to the Reds, the best out of the trade may actually be Didi in the long run...but the question with him is going to be his bat..
    ?? lol the Indians did not even need a centerfielder. It was all Bauer and can even make a case for those relievers too. Stubbs was pretty much just a throw-in cuz it seems like the Reds were tired of him.

I don't expect much from Stubbs because i think he's more of a backup outfielder then a starter. But hey, Guy is a great defender and runs like the wind. Also got some pop so i'll have no problem with him as a thorw-in thats for sure.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    ?? lol the Indians did not even need a centerfielder. It was all Bauer and can even make a case for those relievers too. Stubbs was pretty much just a throw-in cuz it seems like the Reds were tired of him.

I don't expect much from Stubbs because i think he's more of a backup outfielder then a starter. But hey, Guy is a great defender and runs like the wind. Also got some pop so i'll have no problem with him as a thorw-in thats for sure.
    He seems to forget the trade wasn't Choo for Stubbs. It was Choo for Bauer/relievers; Jason Donald for Stubbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Umm for what. Dodgers are mainly looking for another top tier pitcher so if they were looking to move those guys it would be for Masterson but Masty wouldn't be able to bring back that return after last year. Thats the deal they were apperantly trying to give to the Mets for Dickey but the Mets turned it down for some reason because they want a 38 year old knuckleballer who has had one great year and 2 decent years in a 11 year career while they are not contending instead of three top prospects. No wonder they suck.
    The Mets did say no as they were in the process of getting two of the most dynamic young prospects in MiLB in Travis D'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard. TBH & IMHO, Syndergaard could be the real steal of that deal. Now, the Dodgers have stated or have had their hands in on any and all closers as well as middle infielders, and catchers. The Dodgers are giving the allusion that they have depth in their starting staff, but, that's a bit of a misnomer as both Lilly and Billingsley are coming off elbow/arm issues. In other words, the Dodgers depth could evaporate in an afternoon.. So, YES, the Dodgers are looking for an impact hitter who can slot at SS/2B/3B. The Phillies, prior to their acquisition of Ben Revere had been in discussion with the Indians about Asdrubal Cabrera for the same two guys (Worley and Trevor May). The Phillies opted to go with the Twins offer as the Indians wanted MORE than just those two guys (a mistake, if it was true, imho). The phillies intended to move Asdrubal to 3B, btw.. So, the dodgers would be looking for a similar projection having Droobs play anyone of three infield spots.

Would a trade of Asdrubal and CPerez for Pederson/Lee/Dee do it?. I think the Indians would want more.. as in including Matt MaGill or even Yasiel Puig. The discussion has some time to brew.. Who knows which way the Dodgers intend to go at this time...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeronimoSon View Post
    The Mets did say no as they were in the process of getting two of the most dynamic young prospects in MiLB in Travis D'Arnaud and Noah Syndergaard. TBH & IMHO, Syndergaard could be the real steal of that deal. Now, the Dodgers have stated or have had their hands in on any and all closers as well as middle infielders, and catchers. The Dodgers are giving the allusion that they have depth in their starting staff, but, that's a bit of a misnomer as both Lilly and Billingsley are coming off elbow/arm issues. In other words, the Dodgers depth could evaporate in an afternoon.. So, YES, the Dodgers are looking for an impact hitter who can slot at SS/2B/3B. The Phillies, prior to their acquisition of Ben Revere had been in discussion with the Indians about Asdrubal Cabrera for the same two guys (Worley and Trevor May). The Phillies opted to go with the Twins offer as the Indians wanted MORE than just those two guys (a mistake, if it was true, imho). The phillies intended to move Asdrubal to 3B, btw.. So, the dodgers would be looking for a similar projection having Droobs play anyone of three infield spots.

Would a trade of Asdrubal and CPerez for Pederson/Lee/Dee do it?. I think the Indians would want more.. as in including Matt MaGill or even Yasiel Puig. The discussion has some time to brew.. Who knows which way the Dodgers intend to go at this time...
    I've heard that any discussion the Tribe are willing to listen to including ACab in it that the opposing team will have to part with not only their top SP prospect available in their organization but also another top 10 prospect in their organization as well. So with that I would imagine that Lee would have to be in the deal as well as Puig or Joe Pederson possibly. Also the Phillies also wanted to package Worley as the center piece of their offer for ACab and then lesser prospects around him none which were in their top 10 of the organization and that is why the Tribe easily turned them down which I believe was the right move to let the market play out and try hosing a desperate team either later in the off-season or around the deadline this year if they are out of contending as ACab still is locked up till the end of 2014 at a very reasonable contract where he should be getting a package like the Phillies got from the Giants for Pence last year.

I would do a CP and ACab trade for Lee/Puig/ and Dee in a heartbeat just because I think CP is disposable with Pestano and Cody Allen coming up and then ACab as well now with Gordon being able to man the SS position till Diaz, Wolters or Lindor are ready to take over not to mention you could move Gordon to the OF if need be and play Aviles at SS with Swisher playing 1B and Reynolds at DH. Then you could also play Lee and Puig in Columbus to begin the year to save a year and then call them up later in the year as both will still need time I believe in the Farm. That would be my ideal scenario with possibly a Left Handed reliever in some fashion thrown the Tribes way as well.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    The Phillies were certainly attempting to low ball the Indians at the outset. When their discomfort with Trevor May was brought into the light, the Twins , who had already siezed the opportunity to build their lower minor FOR SP candidates with Alex Bradley, jumped all over the Phillies for the pair. imho, a guy like Trevor May, with his big arm, needs to be in the highly disciplined farm system of the Twins.

Interesting turn of events that will help the Twins in 2013 and for several years to come.. a la the comment by Chris Antonetti about "threading the needle"...

CP & Acab for Lee, Puig and Dee.. still seems a bit light.. even with the mentioned throw in.. At the very least, Matt Magill should be included in the base trade along with the throw in who I'll address below... Puig certainly brings the highest impact potential. Dee Gordon is fast & immature. He absolutely needs to grow up. As for Lee, his projection, even though he's the Dodger's # 1, is still a MOR SP, not much more than that. All three guys, without a doubt have the potential to be ML contributors, however, it's gonna take some time for that to happen. As far as the throw in.. I don't get the lefty reliever idea..The Indians should be looking at deep sleeper type FOR SP types or low minors position players with upside to burn. A perfect example from the Dodgers could be Alex Santana.. Wouldn't that be poetic?. getting another Santana from the Dodgers?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by STL Don View Post
    Love this trade for Cleveland even more now after their recent signing of Nick Swisher to replace Shin-Shoo in the outfield.
    I fully agree. You can essentially say we traded Choo and a compensatory 2nd round draft pick for Swisher, Bauer, Stubbs and Shaw. Not a bad haul at all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneTuzSea View Post
    He seems to forget the trade wasn't Choo for Stubbs. It was Choo for Bauer/relievers; Jason Donald for Stubbs.
    Jason Donald > Bag of Balls (equivalence to Stubbs trade value)
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    We get less than a bag of balls for trading Donald? What's that a bag without the balls? A ball-less sac? Well Stubbs doesn't have any fingers (only Stubbs) so he wouldn't be able to feel any balls in a sac. But I heard Stubbs's isn't a multiple personality disorder patient like Jason Donald. One day you'll get Donald (like Donald Duck), the next day half your roster will be hacked and let's just say it won't be Dusty's fault.

vCash
    The Phillies were certainly attempting to low ball the Indians at the outset. When their discomfort with Trevor May was brought into the light, the Twins , who had already siezed the opportunity to build their lower minor FOR SP candidates with Alex Bradley, jumped all over the Phillies for the pair. imho, a guy like Trevor May, with his big arm, needs to be in the highly disciplined farm system of the Twins.

Interesting turn of events that will help the Twins in 2013 and for several years to come.. a la the comment by Chris Antonetti about "threading the needle"...

CP & Acab for Lee, Puig and Dee.. still seems a bit light.. even with the mentioned throw in.. At the very least, Matt Magill should be included in the base trade along with the throw in who I'll address below... Puig certainly brings the highest impact potential. Dee Gordon is fast & immature. He absolutely needs to grow up. As for Lee, his projection, even though he's the Dodger's # 1, is still a MOR SP, not much more than that. All three guys, without a doubt have the potential to be ML contributors, however, it's gonna take some time for that to happen. As far as the throw in.. I don't get the lefty reliever idea..The Indians should be looking at deep sleeper type FOR SP types or low minors position players with upside to burn. A perfect example from the Dodgers could be Alex Santana.. Wouldn't that be poetic?. getting another Santana from the Dodgers?
    that would be a great deal for us if we can get dee, magill, puig, lee and a throw in that could workout great is federowicz for perez, acab and a low level minor leaguer. replenish the farm and stay competitive

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash

So you would take a .200 hitter with little pop and below avg D over Stubbs who had over 30+ stolden bases, double digit homers and great defender? Don't worry Reds fans i know most of you are way smarter then this guy.

vCash
    I am hoping for Stubbs to be the steal of this trade...if he gives us .250, 15 HR, 45-50 RBI, and 30-35 steals, I would be a happy camper!

If Reds fans think that they are getting anything other than a utility infielder in Jason Donald...they are in for a major letdown.

If we put him in the 9 hole and he produces...we move him up and have the luxury of putting a younger/struggling player down there to reduce the pressure. If we put him in the 9 hole and he doesn't produce...hopefully his defense and baserunning are able to mask his offensive deficiencies.

And...he is a month younger than Jason Donald...win/win in my opinion.

vCash
    The Reds were looking for a lead off hitter and outfielder.. and settled on Choo because they saw what everyone else did, Choo can lead off, get on base, play anywhere in the OF and was relatively inexpensive for a single year. The addition of Jason Donald offsets the loss of DiDi who the Reds pencil'd in as their potential utility infielder. Is Donald going to hit .325?. drive in 50 runs?.. have a career year with more than 10 homers in less than 200 AB's??.. doubtful, but he is a lunch pail/gamer kind of player.. He's VERY CHEAP & fits VERY well with the grinders of the world and exactly the kind of player the Reds love in that role..

We should wish him well as there is no point in defining his deficiencies, lest the discussion about Brandon Phillips needs to be revised?..

vCash
    Whenever a player is described as a ''gamer'' ''great guy'' so on and so on they tend to be bad players lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Whenever a player is described as a ''gamer'' ''great guy'' so on and so on they tend to be bad players lol
    Actually.. Dustin Pedroia is a gamer.. he's not a bad player.. not that the exception proves the rule.. For the most part, gamers are guys who usually don't have the highest skills level, but, find ways to contribute by getting more out of their limited ability than a much more talented player..

vCash
    Actually.. Dustin Pedroia is a gamer.. he's not a bad player.. not that the exception proves the rule.. For the most part, gamers are guys who usually don't have the highest skills level, but, find ways to contribute by getting more out of their limited ability than a much more talented player..
    you love to argue lol i don't even understand ur point. but anyways...

Stubbs > Donald and thats not even close. Donald was just bad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast