To Reds Choo & Donald
    To Arizona SS Didi Grigorious

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...hoo-trade.html

vCash
    Deal official:

Reds: Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald
    DBacks: Didi Gregorius, Tony Sipp and Lars Anderson
    Indians: Drew Stubbs, Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Pretty good deal all around. I like what the Indians got, especially for a guy they were going to lose next off-season anyway.

I cant wait to stand on the podium with Zygi and Mark and Jonathan, and were standing on the podium, and we look up and the confetti is falling down on top of us, and were all hand in hand, and Commissioner Goodell comes over and hands the Super Bowl trophy to Mr. Wilf and tells him hes world champion, that is my goal and that is my drive.
    - Mike Zimmer

vCash
    I love Bauer, kid is a beast!!
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    Overall...I am pleased. However, I hope that they keep Reynolds and Stubbs separated in the order so that we don't have to see them both K in the same inning very often! That is going to be tough to watch...maybe they can turn Stubbs into something else.

Now...either Swisher or Bourn (I know...people will think I'm crazy) would be freaking awesome!!! This deal should also clear some money...Bauer is a little over $1 million, Albers doesn't show a $ figure on the DBacks salaries, Shaw is still short of arbitration, and Stubbs is in his first year of arbitration...and I don't think a .213 hitting OF with only 14 HR is going to come close to the $$$ that Choo was getting.

If we are going to pay Swisher upwards of $10 million, why not go a little higher and get a younger player that helps on offense and defense? Bourn would provide us with our leadoff hitter, allow us to move Brantley toward the middle portion of the line-up...

1. Michael Bourn CF
    2. Jason Kipnis 2B
    3. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
    4. Carlos Santana C
    5. Michael Brantley LF
    6. Mark Reynolds 1B
    7. Lonnie Chisenhall 3B
    8. still need a DH
    9. Drew Stubbs RF

NEVERMIND...just looked it up and saw that Bourn is a Scott Boras client...SO...

1. Michael Brantley LF
    2. Jason Kipnis 2B
    3. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
    4. Carlos Santana
    5. Nick Swisher RF
    6. Mark Reynolds 1B
    7. Lonnie Chisenhall 3B
    8. DH????
    9. Drew Stubbs CF

Still isn't too shabby when you consider the upgrade that we SHOULD get with Bauer in the rotation!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    Overall...I am pleased. However, I hope that they keep Reynolds and Stubbs separated in the order so that we don't have to see them both K in the same inning very often! That is going to be tough to watch...maybe they can turn Stubbs into something else.

Now...either Swisher or Bourn (I know...people will think I'm crazy) would be freaking awesome!!! This deal should also clear some money...Bauer is a little over $1 million, Albers doesn't show a $ figure on the DBacks salaries, Shaw is still short of arbitration, and Stubbs is in his first year of arbitration...and I don't think a .213 hitting OF with only 14 HR is going to come close to the $$$ that Choo was getting.

If we are going to pay Swisher upwards of $10 million, why not go a little higher and get a younger player that helps on offense and defense? Bourn would provide us with our leadoff hitter, allow us to move Brantley toward the middle portion of the line-up...

1. Michael Bourn CF
    2. Jason Kipnis 2B
    3. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
    4. Carlos Santana C
    5. Michael Brantley LF
    6. Mark Reynolds 1B
    7. Lonnie Chisenhall 3B
    8. still need a DH
    9. Drew Stubbs RF

NEVERMIND...just looked it up and saw that Bourn is a Scott Boras client...SO...

1. Michael Brantley LF
    2. Jason Kipnis 2B
    3. Asdrubal Cabrera SS
    4. Carlos Santana
    5. Nick Swisher RF
    6. Mark Reynolds 1B
    7. Lonnie Chisenhall 3B
    8. DH????
    9. Drew Stubbs CF

Still isn't too shabby when you consider the upgrade that we SHOULD get with Bauer in the rotation!
    I myself am not an Indians fan but my dad loves Cleveland so I watch games with him and I root for them. I love this trade the Indians just made. Getting a top prospect, especially one with the talent that Travor Bauer has, along with two cheap relievers AND a talented/underachieving outfield in Drew Stubbs all for a guy they were going to lose at the end of the year anyway. Great deal for the Tribe and I'm sure a deal that is going to excite fans.

I'd really like to see Swisher sign with the Indians but I think the only way they get him is to overpay. I just can't see him looking at Cleveland as his most ideal landing spot, even with Terry Francona as the manager. That's not say he won't sign there because money does talk and the Indians seem serious about spending money on an outfield this off-season.

Also don't forget about Mike Aviles possibly having a big role next season. Over his career he has played mostly short and 2nd but has experience playing 3rd in case Chisenhall struggles or he can DH. Mostly likely he will be a utility guy but he posted solid #'s last season in Boston (.250 13 hr 60 rbi and 14 steals) so he shouldn't have much trouble getting playing time.

So far so good this off-season for the Tribe.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Not a fan of the other guys though! albers is a bum and Shaw is an avg reliever at best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845:24691362
    Pretty good deal all around. I like what the Indians got, especially for a guy they were going to lose next off-season anyway.
    Agreed. This was a pretty darn good coup for Choo. We need to fill out the team now with some contact hitters and high OBP guys to help offset the monster K totals that we will get from Stubbs and Reynolds.

vCash
    If Bauer can develop into a #2 SP or better then I think we easily won this trade. He has never struggled before though, so it will be interesting to see how he responds when it inevitably happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IndiansFan337 View Post
    If Bauer can develop into a #2 SP or better then I think we easily won this trade. He has never struggled before though, so it will be interesting to see how he responds when it inevitably happens.
    He's never struggled? Did you watch him last season in the bigs? And he has always struggled to throw strikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iAugust View Post
    He's never struggled? Did you watch him last season in the bigs? And he has always struggled to throw strikes
    He's like 21 or 22 years old though. He's still learning, He's only 6'1 so i think his motion can be fixed. tall guys with long arms are harder to fix. i.e Carmona, Masterson etc...

vCash
    I just read that the Tribe ALSO shipped CASH to the Reds in this deal??? The Dolans GIVING another team money? For crying out loud, they won't spend money on their own team and now they are giving money to OTHER teams??? Just when you thought that you had the owners figured out???????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by browniebuck View Post
    I just read that the Tribe ALSO shipped CASH to the Reds in this deal??? The Dolans GIVING another team money? For crying out loud, they won't spend money on their own team and now they are giving money to OTHER teams??? Just when you thought that you had the owners figured out???????
    Well how much cash did they ship? I doubt it was much. The Indians have been aggressive with their money this off-season so you can't be that upset.

- Mike Zimmer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Well how much cash did they ship? I doubt it was much. The Indians have been aggressive with their money this off-season so you can't be that upset.
    not saying that I am upset...shocked is more the word that I would use when I see Larry "I use a tip calculator" Dolan tossing money around!

vCash
    Love everything about this trade. Brantley can move into left where his glove will be a plus and Stubbs can slot into center. I'm willing to bet last year was just a down year for Stubbs and not what we'll see during his time in Cleveland.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast