Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Someone gets laid by a hot elf at the Christmas party.

Somebody always does.

How can you say no good comes from it?
    I once had a hot colleague offer me a blow job at a Christmas party.

Nuff said.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I once had a hot colleague offer me a blow job at a Christmas party.

Nuff said.
    I thought you were Jewish.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Someone gets laid by a hot elf at the Christmas party.

Somebody always does.

How can you say no good comes from it?
    I just don't find little people all that attractive, but I'm sure some people like that kind of stuff.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    And your point?
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by electrictom View Post
    I have to disagree, we have the second worst ownership in sports. The title of the worst has to go to Jeffrey Loria and company in Miami.

Wilpon is so bad mets players dream of playing for Loria marlins.

vCash
    I'm supposed to turn down a blow job just because my people entered into a covenant with God by snipping the tips off our penises? Haven't we suffered enough?

vCash
    And your point?
    Jewish people don't believe in Christmas elves, so how can you get something from an elf if you don't believe it is real.

This is starting to get bizarre.

vCash
    Jewish people don't believe in Christmas elves, so how can you get something from an elf if you don't believe it is real.

This is starting to get bizarre.
    We don't believe in Christmas elves and we don't believe in Jesus. But ever since the days of Abraham we've been firm believers in a good blow job.

They don't call us the Chosen People for nothin ya know.

vCash
    We don't believe in Christmas elves and we don't believe in Jesus. But ever since the days of Abraham we've been firm believers in a good blow job.

They don't call us the Chosen People for nothin ya know.
    Well played.

vCash
    AdamRubinESPN R.A. Dickey has a live chat at ESPN on Thursday at 3 p.m. Get your questions in early. Mobile link: es.pn/SRlgEg #mets

vCash
    Well played.
    Sure. Tell me that while I'm burning down in hell for all eternity.

The Power of Dickey Compels Me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsin08 View Post
    Hit the nail on the head.
    a-Mets love Dickey
    b-Mets have to do what's in the teams best interest which happens to be slow playing contract talks while exploring trades
    c-not the time/place to air grievances
    A) Via Sherman: The Mets have some concerns about the knuckleballer both on and off of the field.

B) That may be the best and it may not. The Mets could easily lose their current BO should that team pursue and get Marcum, Sanchez, Loshe, or Jackson.

Could that ultimately work out for them? Maybe. Maybe another team enters the discussion and offers more or maybe they never get a comparable offer and they are left standing holding the bag.

It's not without risk just ask free agents like Jackson and Madson who tried that strategy last season and got burned. Heck, it burned Sandy/Mets before with Reyes.

C) I have no opinion on this but as NY Post article earlier stated "[There's an] underlying tension between team and player"

The longer this drags on the potentially more contentious this becomes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    A) Via Sherman: The Mets have some concerns about the knuckleballer both on and off of the field.

B) That may be the best and it may not. The Mets could easily lose their current BO should that team pursue and get Marcum, Sanchez, Loshe, or Jackson.

Could that ultimately work out for them? Maybe. Maybe another team enters the discussion and offers more or maybe they never get a comparable offer and they are left standing holding the bag.

It's not without risk just ask free agents like Jackson and Madson who tried that strategy last season and got burned. Heck, it burned Sandy/Mets before with Reyes.

C) I have no opinion on this but as NY Post article earlier stated "[There's an] underlying tension between team and player"

The longer this drags on the potentially more contentious this becomes.
    If that is indeed true, that the Mets have some concerns about the knuckleballer both on and off the field, then their concerns are seriously misguided. They should have concerns about their ability to run a franchise. The knuckleballer in question is a stellar athlete, a stellar pitcher, and an even more stellar person, off the field.

Again, these reports could be all bogus for all we know. But we do know this: RA Dickey as a pitcher and a person is impeccible. That the Mets might even be considering trying to drag his name through mud of their own making speaks volumes about them.

Sad.

vCash
    Quoting Sherman:

We HAVE beaten the Mets up for so many years over bad business practices — I’ll see your Oliver Perez and raise you a Luis Castillo — that we should acknowledge how well they are playing the R.A. Dickey negotiations.

Are the Mets low-balling their best and most popular pitcher? Yep. And that’s clearly making Dickey edgy and miserable. But this is a rare moment when the Mets have all the leverage, so why shouldn’t they use it, like the majority of players do when the power swings in the other direction?

If the Mets do nothing, they have the Cy Young winner on a team-friendly $5 million pact for next year knowing Dickey can’t roll up into an aggrieved ball because he still would have to pitch for his money. They know Dickey badly wants significant financial security as soon as possible to the point where he admitted yesterday he is asking for less than market value to seal a deal. Plus, the Mets recognize many clubs remain hungry to add top-of-the-rotation pieces.

The Mets are low-balling Dickey to see if they can either sign him to yet another team-friendly, multi-year contract or stall to see if an interested team decides it cannot find a high-level starter elsewhere and surrenders a touted prospect plus another piece or two to make moving the righty appealing.

This is negotiating Four Corners: The Mets have stalled their best and final offer to Dickey to let the Zack Greinke and James Shields markets resolve and then see if the aftershocks make teams more willing to meet their asking price. Greinke’s six-year, $147 million agreement with the Dodgers — the second largest package ever for a pitcher — seems to have moved a few teams off of the boutique free-agent market.
    He's absolutely right. If you remove the garbage about how the Mets are mad at Dickey for this or Dickey is mad about the Mets for that, everything that is going on so far is fair and reasonable. Granted, I'd prefer all this wasn't played out in a public forum but i guess that's the nature of the business.

There's a lot of time between now and the end of Spring Training. The object of the game is to accomplish one of two things: Extend Dickey for the best price possible or to trade him for the best haul possible.

It's a process that the Mets are in the middle of right now. Really need to see how this plays out before getting all emotional, as I have done many times on this so far.

Breath it, breath out.

vCash
    Well you kind of had to expect this to get out into the public. I'll be honest, all this stuff coming out of SNY about Dickey (using the Christmas party as a soapbox...etc) I don;t believe is all true. He was answering a question...and reporters are most def gonna ask about everything trade wise no matter where he is. It seems to me that Dickey is just going through the NY Media ringer because it makes for a good story to sell. Nothing more.

Right now, there is no right or wrong side here, an extension is secondary to a trade. that much is certain. So objectively, there will be no extension until all trade avenues have been tried. After that it just comes down to who will accept a compromise first. We know SA wants to trade him, and we know other teams do not value Dickey (even with a Cy-Young) as much as the Mets do. But I too would be holding firm to my trade demands from other teams as long as possible. If there are no takers by ST...the easy about face is to resign Dickey to anything he wants.

THANK YOU PROKY!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast