Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    If only that were true around here.
    Sigh.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Very simple. We root for players, not for GMs or owners.
    I don't think that's it at all. Those who are sympathetic with Dickey in this case are that way because it appears they're keeping him at arm's length while they try to deal him, disingenuously saying it isn't personal and that their preference is to keep him while obviously trying to shop him actively. It appears they're not being forthright with him. Few are criticizing them for shopping him, but the way in which they're going about it clearly leaves much to be desired.

I remember when we made an offer to Bay a couple of years ago, only for him to sit on it in hopes of a better one, or if the reports are to be believed, a comparable one from somewhere else, and the fans crucified him for his stalling. I tend to think the fans will rail against the party who isn't acting on the level.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodyHoopz View Post
    I don't think that's it at all. Those who are sympathetic with Dickey in this case are that way because it appears they're keeping him at arm's length while they try to deal him, disingenuously saying it isn't personal and that their preference is to keep him while obviously trying to shop him actively. It appears they're not being forthright with him. Few are criticizing them for shopping him, but the way in which they're going about it clearly leaves much to be desired.

I remember when we made an offer to Bay a couple of years ago, only for him to sit on it in hopes of a better one, or if the reports are to be believed, a comparable one from somewhere else, and the fans crucified him for his stalling. I tend to think the fans will rail against the party who isn't acting on the level.
    Nice post.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567