Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Trade him to Seattle for Danny Hultzen+.

The thought of having Harvey, Wheeler and Hultzen is quite enticing.

It could be the next Smoltz, Glavine and Maddox or Izzy, Pulse and Wilson, but it would be fun to find out.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    We as Mets fans have one claim though......we have the worst owners in professional sports, just a total embarrassment.
    I have to disagree, we have the second worst ownership in sports. The title of the worst has to go to Jeffrey Loria and company in Miami.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    The Rays have a Ted Williams Hitters Museum in Tropicana Field. It's actually a pretty neat exhibit if you're a baseball fan.
    OK you got me.

vCash
    The Mets made the mistake of inviting a player who clearly has issues with his contract and the trade rumors.

vCash

At least Loria is making money..

Quote Originally Posted by electrictom View Post
    I have to disagree, we have the second worst ownership in sports. The title of the worst has to go to Jeffrey Loria and company in Miami.
    He is brutal for an owner, but at least he knows how to screw people legally as opposed to a Bernie run Hedge Fund on Bobby B!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Dickey is a big boy. I'm sure he understands that Alderson is not being aggressive with contract negotiations in order to buy time to explore the trade market. IMO, it was poor judgement to choose the holiday party to open up and put pressure on the FO. He probably did it because he is frustrated that the process is taking this long.

He knows full well that in the final analysis the club will do what is in their own best interests, and he has no control over the situation since he is already committed to a $5 million salary for this season. If he were to give Sandy an ultimatum to extend him now or cut off negotiations until he is a FA next fall, he'd be cutting off his nose to spite his face. The risk that he'd have a mediocre season and lose bargaining power would be too great. He just needs to play a waiting game and see how things play out. If Sandy cannot get the deal he wants, R.A. will get his extension. All this talk about letting him play out the season without a deal is just talk, stupid talk.
    Hit the nail on the head.
    a-Mets love Dickey
    b-Mets have to do what's in the teams best interest which happens to be slow playing contract talks while exploring trades
    c-not the time/place to air greivences

vCash
    nothing good ever comes out of these Mets Christmas parties...either some wive acts inappropriately or goes scantily clad; or a player answers a question from the media honestly...you would think by now that the Mets would think about who to put at the party, if they don't want egg on their face...If you put a guy their that is trying to negotiate a contract, and you are lowballing him far below his market-value, don't you think that he might say something that you don't like?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by electrictom View Post
    but if they owned the opposite teams, would Loria dump salary like he does in Florida? and would Fred spend any money in the first place?

I would have preferred to have the Tampa Bay Rays owner instead...even without being able to spend because of the fan situation in Tampa, he still has the right baseball people that can build a very good ballclub...imagine what he/they could do in a better market, like NYC?
    Last edited by vtmet; 12-12-2012 at 10:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    nothing good ever comes out of these Mets Christmas parties...either some wive acts inappropriately or goes scantily clad; or a player answers a question from the media honestly...you would think by now that the Mets would think about who to put at the party, if they don't want egg on their face...If you put a guy their that is trying to negotiate a contract, and you are lowballing him far below his market-value, don't you think that he might say something that you don't like?
    eggnog

vCash
    Someone gets laid by a hot elf at the Christmas party.

Somebody always does.

How can you say no good comes from it?
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    OK you got me.
    Wasn't trying to get anyone. Just passing along a piece of useful info.

As far as a museum goes, it is excellent and much larger than one would expect at a ballpark. I go a few times a year and always try to allow some extra time to go through it. There's even a picture of Bob Gibson smiling. I'm not sure if I ever saw him smile anywhere else. It's the best part of Tropicana field which is awful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Someone gets laid by a hot elf at the Christmas party.

Somebody always does.

How can you say no good comes from it?
    I heard that somebody gets laid a lot by Pelf. Is he going to be there????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    but if they owned the opposite teams, would Loria dump salary like he does in Florida? and would Fred spend any money in the first place?
    Loria would never have signed David Wright to the contract he got without backloading it big time. He did it after his last World Championship, he did it with Delgado to the Mets, and he did it with the trade to the Blue Jays. Being in NY would not stop him. Yes, he legally does this all the time, however, he will never build a fan base in Florida. Both Reyes and Buerhle said they were given assurances that he wouldn't do it this time, and we see how that worked out. He has made money, yes, by keeping the payroll at around $25M per year and collecting $50M per year from MLB. So let's not say he is making money by putting a competitive product on the field. There are so many things this man has done to ruin baseball in Florida that I don't want to list them.
    So, in conclusion, the Wilpon's still come in second when it comes to poor owners.

vCash
    Of course they are unhappy with him, he would't accept min wage, how dare a cy young award winner want to cash in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    eggnog
    mets probably buy the cheap store brand version...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast