Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 151

Thread: Awards

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    vCash
    1000
    double
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 12-12-2012 at 04:55 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,856
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I already countered this post pretty easily. You ignored it and then spammed it again.

    1600 yards but the season isn't over. He could get over 1900 and has a possibly shot at 2000 and maybe the record.

    The TD's are telling, certainly. But AP is all they have. Ponder is one of the WORST starting QB's.

    Those teams both had Pro Bowl QB's. Not only does that make him more valuable but it also makes it easier for the RB's when there is balance.

    Finally, this isn't the HOF. The MVP is year to year. That was a different era where running the ball was more essential. Nobody goes back and looks at this years stats to compare to other past MVP winners stats. It's about the MVP THIS YEAR. It's a homer stat to back up a predetermined opinion for your guy.

    Hell, bonus point. I asked this in the other thread and people agreed. Despite those stats being superior do people actually think Alexander or LT had a better season as a RB than AP is having now? I say no. Even if you do it's far far far far closer than those statistics would indicate.
    Yeah, he's pretty unbelievable. He faces 8 and 9 man fronts and still gets yards. Best I've seen since Payton.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    2005 - Alexander - 1,900 yards, 5.2 avg, 27 TDs, 3 TDs receiving

    2006 - LT - 1,800 yards, , 5.2 avg, 28TDs, 500 yards in the air, 3 TDs receiving, 2 TDs passing.

    2012- AP - 1,600 yards, 5.6 avg, 10 TDs
    Not sure where you got that. If you round down he averages 6 ypc.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Not sure where you got that. If you round down he averages 6 ypc.
    Good call. Imagine if they had a passing game. He'd have like 8 YPC

    More than Peyton or Brady do per attempt.

    MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Unleash the beast.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I already countered this post pretty easily. You ignored it and then spammed it again.

    1600 yards but the season isn't over. He could get over 1900 and has a possibly shot at 2000 and maybe the record.

    The TD's are telling, certainly. But AP is all they have. Ponder is one of the WORST starting QB's.

    Those teams both had Pro Bowl QB's. Not only does that make him more valuable but it also makes it easier for the RB's when there is balance.

    Finally, this isn't the HOF. The MVP is year to year. That was a different era where running the ball was more essential. Nobody goes back and looks at this years stats to compare to other past MVP winners stats. It's about the MVP THIS YEAR. It's a homer stat to back up a predetermined opinion for your guy.

    Hell, bonus point. I asked this in the other thread and people agreed. Despite those stats being superior do people actually think Alexander or LT had a better season as a RB than AP is having now? I say no. Even if you do it's far far far far closer than those statistics would indicate.
    So if running the ball is less essential ... doesn't that decrease AP's value as a player?

    Yeah they don't have a good QB - wouldn't that lead to them running the ball more?

    Great/good RB's are a dime a dozen in this league. Great QB's aren't.

    RB's don't influence outcomes of games as much as QB's and are much more dependent on the offensive line than good QB's (Brady's/Mannings).

    New England has a comparable rushing attack to Minnesota. (NE - 1800yds 20 TDs, MIN- 2000 yards 12 TDs) You don't suppose that would have anything to do with Tom Brady?

    See how you can have 3 or 4 backs do the job of 1? Its why QB are MUCH more VALUABLE.

    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Good call. Imagine if they had a passing game. He'd have like 8 YPC

    More than Peyton or Brady do per attempt.

    MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imagine if they had the Best QB in the league and an average running back. They would be a much better team.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 12-12-2012 at 05:15 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Good call. Imagine if they had a passing game. He'd have like 8 YPC

    More than Peyton or Brady do per attempt.

    MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    True, he already averages more ypc than Ponder does per attempt.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    So if running the ball is less essential ... doesn't that decrease AP's value as a player?
    Lol. Running is less essential because it became far easier to pass. It didn't become easier to run. The fact they can't pass with these passing rules yet can run down your throat against loaded boxes is incredible.
    Yeah they don't have a good QB - wouldn't that lead to them running the ball more?
    He has 6 YPC. Your point again?
    Great/good RB's are a dime a dozen in this league. Great QB's aren't.
    Nothing to do with who should win MVP. It's about player's performance and their importance to their individual team. Not league trends or overall positional importance.
    RB's don't influence outcomes of games as much as QB's and are much more dependent on the offensive line than good QB's (Brady's/Mannings).
    Yeah that GOAT MIN OL. Full of All Pros. RB's don't generally influence the game as much 100% true. But AP is making a case that he is and that's why it's so damn impressive.
    New England has a comparable rushing attack to Minnesota. (NE - 1800yds 20 TDs, MIN- 2000 yards 12 TDs) You don't suppose that would have anything to do with Tom Brady?
    Yeah having a good QB makes it easier to run. That's why MIN having a bottom 5 QB and him still being able to do it is so amazing. You're making my case for me.
    See how you can have 3 or 4 backs do the job of 1? Its why QB are MUCH more VALUABLE.
    See how if one guy can do it in this era is so incredibly impressive. HE'S DOING THE JOB OF 3 OR 4 PEOPLE YOU JUST SAID.

    I bet you regret making that post.

    Unleash the beast.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,510
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Great/good RB's are a dime a dozen in this league. Great QB's aren't.
    There are more elite QB's in this league than there are elite RBs so I'm not sure what you are arguing here. I would argue the complete opposite.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    Imagine if they had the Best QB in the league and an average running back. They would be a much better team.
    Imagine if you had Adrian Peterson doing this and MIN had Tom Brady how different your argument would be.

    I don't have a horse in this race.

    Unleash the beast.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    See how if one guy can do it in this era is so incredibly impressive. HE'S DOING THE JOB OF 3 OR 4 PEOPLE YOU JUST SAID.

    Lol. Running is less essential because it became far easier to pass. It didn't become easier to run. The fact they can't pass with these passing rules yet can run down your throat against loaded boxes is incredible.

    I bet you regret making that post.
    your confusing "impressive' with valuable.

    As YOU said it is a passing league. Hence the ability for a team to pass the ball is much more VALUABLE then a teams ability to run it.

    Want proof? Look at the correlation between QBR or passer rating and winning percentage.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 12-12-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    your confusing "impressive' with valuable.

    As YOU said it is a passing league. Hence the ability for a team to pass the ball is much more VALUABLE then a teams ability to run it.

    Want proof? Look at the correlation between QBR or passer rating and winning percentage.
    I said.

    Running is less essential because it became far easier to pass. It didn't become easier to run. The fact they can't pass with these passing rules yet can run down your throat against loaded boxes is incredible.
    Don't twist my words. If passing became EASIER how did it become more VALUABLE.

    Again, I'm not arguing QB's aren't more important overall.

    You want to talk value?

    I think NE could still win their division with Ryan Mallett. Hell they could with Tim Tebow. NOBODY IS OVER 500.

    The Vikings are a game over 500 and IMO would be in the running for first overall without Peterson.

    How's that for valuable versus impressive?

    Unleash the beast.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    I said.



    Don't twist my words. If passing became EASIER how did it become more VALUABLE.

    Again, I'm not arguing QB's aren't more important overall.

    You want to talk value?

    I think NE could still win their division with Ryan Mallett. Hell they could with Tim Tebow. NOBODY IS OVER 500.

    The Vikings are a game over 500 and IMO would be in the running for first overall without Peterson.

    How's that for valuable versus impressive?
    This isn't rocket science.

    It is easier and more effective to move the ball though the air in todays NFL (true facts). You pass the ball more, you will gain more yards and hence score more points, hence win more games (the ultimate value).

    If AP were gonna score 25 TD's and lead his team to the playoffs I'd have no problem giving him the award.
    Last edited by Patriot Pride; 12-12-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    46,061
    vCash
    785
    Gabbert - GOAT

    OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

    My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,775
    vCash
    3620
    its all irrelevant anyhow because the vikings are not making the playoffs


    its between manning and brady
    Lester to the Cubs??


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,462
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Imagine if you had Adrian Peterson doing this and MIN had Tom Brady how different your argument would be.

    I don't have a horse in this race.
    I doubt the Patriots would be on pace to break the record for total points scored in a season with AP instead of Brady.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •