Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Love is a solid player, but I'd like to see his snaps scaled back a bit. Wilfork's too. That's why I think we need another DT.

As for Gregory and Wilson... I like Wilson as a 3rd safety more than a starter. He seems more comfortable playing in that role. Maybe that's inexperience, but it could just be his skill set. Gregory is a solid starter at S, but solid means room for improvement and I think safety is a spot they could make that improvement without spending too much money or taking a guy too high in the draft.
    I definitely agree with your thoughts. It is unbelievable how durable Wilfork is with the amount of snaps he plays, and it would be foolish to expect him to keep this up for the next few years. My dream scenario is John Jenkins falling down the draft boards so that we can either take him with our first rounder, or move up a bit and snag him. It would be quite similar to Vince's draft day fall, and I see some similarities between the two players.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    I definitely agree with your thoughts. It is unbelievable how durable Wilfork is with the amount of snaps he plays, and it would be foolish to expect him to keep this up for the next few years. My dream scenario is John Jenkins falling down the draft boards so that we can either take him with our first rounder, or move up a bit and snag him. It would be quite similar to Vince's draft day fall, and I see some similarities between the two players.
    It's crazy to think how much Wilfork used to come out of games. The fact that he wasn't a legitimate 4 down NT, but then we shift him from a traditional nose tackle to more of a DT and all of a sudden is he somehow even more amazing than before and pretty much unstoppable one on one.
    -

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Vince is playing about 80% of the snaps and Love about 65%. I could be way off though - not really sure.

It would be nice to get a top talent like Jenkins to maybe take snaps from VW (pushing him down to 65%) and then more from Love (down to about 45%). I think that would really improve our interior pass rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Can you think of a better role model and mentor to have than VW? Whoever we end up bringing in will be one lucky guy.

vCash
    NT/DT's are among the longest lived positions in the NFL. They may also be the position with oldest age peak. I.E. the best 5 years of their career occur much later then RB's, QB's, etc. OL, and DE's are in the same ballpark.

For instance Ted Washington, was an absolute key for us in winning a SB. His peak was age 28-35. Wilfork's first great year was at age 26 (2007). His two best years so far are 2011 and 2012 (30-31). So he could have 3-5 great years left in him.

Love is an above average player, Wilfork is a HOF'er. If we could draft a guy that projects to fit between the two of those guys, we'd be set for some years.

As for Talib, it's time to start asking how much we will offer him to resign. I'd be willing to go pretty par - not stupid money, but say 15th CB type money, not top 5 money.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    The good thing about us getting so many quality players in recent drafts is that it keeps our team salary down.

Look at the RB position for example... we could realistically go into next season w/ just Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, and Demps on the roster. I don't think any of us would look at that as a weak group, yet they cost probably no more than 3 mil combined.

Yes Mayo got an extension, but we still have Spikes and Hightower on rookie deals so our LB unit is great and cheap (though Spikes will be in contract year next season).

Dennard proving to be a starting caliber CB with potential to keep improving locks down another spot for low money. McCourty and Solder are still on rookies deals.

I think Talib resigning is a real possibility. He seems to really like it here (I read him turning down an individual piece with Mike Reiss because he wants to keep it about the team - I like that), BB seems to really value his skill set, he puts others in position to play more to their strengths, and I think the money is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The good thing about us getting so many quality players in recent drafts is that it keeps our team salary down.

Look at the RB position for example... we could realistically go into next season w/ just Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, and Demps on the roster. I don't think any of us would look at that as a weak group, yet they cost probably no more than 3 mil combined.

Yes Mayo got an extension, but we still have Spikes and Hightower on rookie deals so our LB unit is great and cheap (though Spikes will be in contract year next season).

Dennard proving to be a starting caliber CB with potential to keep improving locks down another spot for low money. McCourty and Solder are still on rookies deals.

I think Talib resigning is a real possibility. He seems to really like it here (I read him turning down an individual piece with Mike Reiss because he wants to keep it about the team - I like that), BB seems to really value his skill set, he puts others in position to play more to their strengths, and I think the money is there.
    Good point on the RB's.

If Talib get's a whole offseason with us imagine how much better he could get.

vCash
    I love how Talib matches up well with big receivers, and how well Dennard is unbelievable. It works out great bc how we have seen recently McCourty is a type of safety we need (ball hawk, well rounded). Have McCourty cover deep allows for aggresive play underneath and allows our other safety to roam the box. Talib has completely changed the scheme, since we got him the defense seems alot more aggresive with blitz's as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12