Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Aqib Talib Injury Update

Took me a few minutes to find this, but according to Pats insider, Tom Curran, Talib "should" be ready to go Sunday against San Francisco.

http://www.csnne.com/football-new-en...9&feedID=10426

Article doesn't specify the injury at all, which I interpret as a good sign; pretty much indicates that he just fell hard is all, and they kept him out as a precaution.

Thank God dude; we definitely need his experience and veteran presence for the playoff run. McCourty is shinning now that he can just focus on his game more, and Talib at least was able to bring Andre Johnson back down to Earth, after that monster month of November he just had. I wouldn't mind him just sitting out the SF game all together, if need be. That is a likely Superbowl opponent though, so my guess if he's good to go by Sunday, precautions will take a back seat.

vCash

Aqib Talib Injury Update

Thank god. He's not been totally shutdown, but he had allowed so much flexibility to our DBs - he moved Mccourty to S, and that allowed Chung to go to a backup role which works better, which has also allowed us to put Dennard in as the other Corner, with Arrigton playing well in the nickel. Thank god hell be ok, because his loss would really kill what we have going on back there.

vCash
    Agreed we need him for the playoffs. Got to get PSK in here with some stats on the secondary because they have been playing better.

vCash

We've been playing so much better when he's on the field, it's just so apparent. We're going to need him against a tough 49er team.
    NBA Legion @MySportsLegion Jul 11

Heat band-wagoners are officially leaving...the Heat twitter account has lost nearly 300,000 followers since LeBron's announcement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    Thank god. He's not been totally shutdown, but he had allowed so much flexibility to our DBs - he moved Mccourty to S, and that allowed Chung to go to a backup role which works better, which has also allowed us to put Dennard in as the other Corner, with Arrigton playing well in the nickel. Thank god hell be ok, because his loss would really kill what we have going on back there.
    The most important note is Arrington playing the nickel. He actually isn't atrocious there, and he doesn't get pushed around by bigger receivers there. Talib makes opposing quarterbacks think twice about throwing his way because of his ball-skills, and he meshes well with what Patricia has been doing with the defense. The defense has been much more aggressive in its blitz packages because Patricia trusts the back-end to be in a position to make a play on the ball.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    They didn't hesitate to leave him on an island against Johnson at points of the Texans game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    The most important note is Arrington playing the nickel. He actually isn't atrocious there, and he doesn't get pushed around by bigger receivers there. Talib makes opposing quarterbacks think twice about throwing his way because of his ball-skills, and he meshes well with what Patricia has been doing with the defense. The defense has been much more aggressive in its blitz packages because Patricia trusts the back-end to be in a position to make a play on the ball.
    Ya, I forgot to mention the fact that we have blitzed a hell of a lot more because we're playing more man with better corners in Dennard and Talib. Mayo has been an outstanding pass rush. We always let him go after the QB in the preseason and he does a great job, but his tackling ability is needed when we use our zone coverage.

I'm not kidding when I say the Talib pickup is one of the best defensive trade/free agent pick ups in a long time. He always for us to play a much different and better defensive style.

And Arrington has played well in the nickel. And when he came on and played a little corner next to Dennard last night, he looked good. He's just not a starting corner.

vCash

Aqib Talib Injury Update

Seems to me he has a bruised hip. I have had a bruised hip twice , once much worse than the other. It's not a long term injury at all, but believe me until it heals, it is very hard to deal with ( usually the first couple of days are the worst) the first time ( more severe) I had it, I was playing Corner, wrapping up a receiver and my safety came barreling in and his helmet nailed my hip. Funny thing is I thought I could walk it off and stayed in the next play, when I tried to move I almost fell to the ground. The thing is, a lot of your core muscles attach to the hip so it makes certain movements very painful. That being said I played the next week with my worse injury ( albeit I only made it to half time) and with my less severe bruise I had no problem playing in a week. So I'd say its good news , if a none bruise is indeed what talib has.
    PSD's Kenbrell Thompkins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    They didn't hesitate to leave him on an island against Johnson at points of the Texans game.
    They didn't hesitate to put Arrington on him alone for a play or two as well..one resulted in the PI and I think he broke up one and he got a defensive PI call. Can't remember exactly. Dennard also got his stab @ Johnson 1v1.

Whatever the case I'm sure 91.1% of you all will agree with me when I say Talib has been a difference maker in our secondary he has allowed the defense to do a lot more thus making us more effective.

PSD's Shane Vereen.

vCash
    Pass coverage vs. Houston was the best showing I've seen in years when factored in with the quality of opponent. Tailb's presence allows McCourtey to play S which is what we need. Praise Allah Talib didn't get injured; we're gonna need him for the stretch run.

vCash
    Talib and Dennard are both playing really good football right now. Arrington isn't looking too bad in the slot either. If Dowling could ever stay healthy though, I think he'd be a pretty nice slot CB.

1.) Re-sign Talib
    2.) Add a Mark Anderson type player to improve the pass rush
    3.) 3 tech to play inside next to VW and get a little more push inside than Love from the base D
    4.) Another safety to play next to McCourty (Gregory is just meh to me)
    5.) Dowling stays healthy
    6.) Add a LB that can cover better to help us in certain match ups

This D is Super Bowl winning caliber at this point IMO. If they make those moves this offseason, I think they could be the type of D that could be a dominant D, not just good enough to win with our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Talib and Dennard are both playing really good football right now. Arrington isn't looking too bad in the slot either. If Dowling could ever stay healthy though, I think he'd be a pretty nice slot CB.

1.) Re-sign Talib
    3.) 3 tech to play inside next to VW and get a little more push inside than Love from the base D

This D is Super Bowl winning caliber at this point IMO. If they make those moves this offseason, I think they could be the type of D that could be a dominant D, not just good enough to win with our offense.
    Gregory is nothing flashy, but he's a solid player. Plays with the chip on his shoulder like any undrafted player should. And we have Wilson who I fully expect to play a larger role in 2012. He will be solid.

As for Love, he's a solid player. Leave him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post

1.) Re-sign Talib

Now you're just being hurtful. Don't mess with the Love machine.

vCash
    Love is a solid player, but I'd like to see his snaps scaled back a bit. Wilfork's too. That's why I think we need another DT.

As for Gregory and Wilson... I like Wilson as a 3rd safety more than a starter. He seems more comfortable playing in that role. Maybe that's inexperience, but it could just be his skill set. Gregory is a solid starter at S, but solid means room for improvement and I think safety is a spot they could make that improvement without spending too much money or taking a guy too high in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Love is a run stuffer and good at it. However we need someone to get pressure up the middle to collapse the pocket on passing plays.

Make a Haynesworth type signing that actually pays off.

And yeah, Mayo has perfected the delayed blitz.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast