• Other

5 6.49%
  • Casey Hayward

11 14.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Droy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Thanks 85bears, I think if they had really seen him they would understand, unless they have a horse in the race.

I believe Harrison Smith cannot win the award because he doesn't beat out Bobby Wagner(who I don't believe will win it either)

Harrison Smith: 81 Tackles 52 Solo 29 Ast 1 FR 3 INT 2 TD
    Bobby Wagner: 109 Tackles 67 Solo 42 Ast 0 FR 3 INT 0 TD

You can make the case for either. I think it comes down to Kuechly, David and Jones personally but.....I think Wagner's numbers are more impressive than Smith's.

Here's some other stats for you guys.
    8 of the last 9 winners have been LBs and 10 of the last 12
    Only 2 safeties have ever won the award
    Last DB was Charles Woodson in 1998 last safety was Mark Carrier in 1990
    Exactly why I said Hayward won't win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Thanks 85bears, I think if they had really seen him they would understand, unless they have a horse in the race.

I believe Harrison Smith cannot win the award because he doesn't beat out Bobby Wagner(who I don't believe will win it either)

Harrison Smith: 81 Tackles 52 Solo 29 Ast 1 FR 3 INT 2 TD
    Bobby Wagner: 109 Tackles 67 Solo 42 Ast 0 FR 3 INT 0 TD

You can make the case for either. I think it comes down to Kuechly, David and Jones personally but.....I think Wagner's numbers are more impressive than Smith's.

Here's some other stats for you guys.
    8 of the last 9 winners have been LBs and 10 of the last 12
    Only 2 safeties have ever won the award
    Last DB was Charles Woodson in 1998 last safety was Mark Carrier in 1990
    Im a sophmore at Nebraska, thats relevant b/c last year I got the pleasure of watching Lavonte play, he was a beast, coming into the year big boards had Crick going in the first with Dennard, and Lavonte projected for the 5th well.. Crick got hurt went in the 3rd, Dennard got hurt then punched a cop and went in the 7th and Lavonte went in the 2nd after a star studded senior campaign, hes fast and has a nose for the football and can take the ball away, wish the bears would have drafted him cause hes special.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Lavonte projected for the 5th well
    When the **** was that. Lol Like to start the year?

I live right on the border so maybe I'm overexposed too but I always figured he was going 3 or so. Would have loved to have him but wasn't sure about the fit.

vCash
    Voted Wagner, because I haven't seen nearly enough of the rest of the rookies. So, homer pick it is.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    David

Michael Wacha

5-5, 2.79 Era, 83 So, 1.12 Whip

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    When the **** was that. Lol Like to start the year?

I live right on the border so maybe I'm overexposed too but I always figured he was going 3 or so. Would have loved to have him but wasn't sure about the fit.
    Start of the year he was projected 5th was overshadowed by Crick and Dennard.... he played out of his mind last year, he had everything I'd want in a LB. Only thing he lacks is size.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    casey heyward because I'm a packers fan
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Start of the year he was projected 5th was overshadowed by Crick and Dennard.... he played out of his mind last year, he had everything I'd want in a LB. Only thing he lacks is size.
    Nuts. That Dennard **** was funny. Idk what All Star game it was but he got whooped left and right. Showed no hips. I was like uh oh, this guy was a myth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Nuts. That Dennard **** was funny. Idk what All Star game it was but he got whooped left and right. Showed no hips. I was like uh oh, this guy was a myth.
    And now he starts for the Pats and has revitalized their secondary.

vCash
    morris claiborne.

i kid...

but seriously, while i agree he isnt in consideration for rookie of the year, he has shown alot, and should be a big time playmaker for years to come...

( sorry, im bored, and wanted in on this discussion. its the only thing i had to come with. )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Im a sophmore at Nebraska, thats relevant b/c last year I got the pleasure of watching Lavonte play, he was a beast, coming into the year big boards had Crick going in the first with Dennard, and Lavonte projected for the 5th well.. Crick got hurt went in the 3rd, Dennard got hurt then punched a cop and went in the 7th and Lavonte went in the 2nd after a star studded senior campaign, hes fast and has a nose for the football and can take the ball away, wish the bears would have drafted him cause hes special.
    He is special. Refer to my original post Page 1. 3rd in TFLs, 1st in non-sack TFLs 5th in tackles...hes a tackling machine. The best part about him is his vision, decisiveness and ability to get to the ball carrier in the back field. His size that people thought would be an issue is a huge plus. He has the ability to avoid blockers and make plays in the backfield.

I know this is murkey water but quietly some of us have been comparing him to the greatest Buccaneer ever Derrick Brooks, ton of similarities. Everyone forgets Derrick dropped to the 28th pick in the 1st round, why? purely because of his size and to get Lavonte in the bottom of the second, steal to say the least. Only area he has to improve is in coverage a little, he bites a little hard on play-action(as do Kuechly and Wagner) but it will come with time.

You guys may also be surprised to know, he calls our plays on defense and has all year. Hell of a Linebacker.

Let's go Bucs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDirt05 View Post
    Janoris Jenkins
    fixed
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    He shouldn't be in it, but if mercilius had started from day 1, he'd have had a legit shot. Dude has like 6 sacks despite only starting twice this season. I know for sure he's only played less than 200 snaps, but I think he's closer to 150 than 200.

From what I've seen, I really like smith. But a lot of these guys I haven't had a chance to watch
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    its either l.david or keuchly....nobodys even close to those 2 not even wagner

vCash
    Wagner,David i like Jones as well if he can put up some more stats when he comes back from that injury he had haven't watched many other rookies though.

Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    its either l.david or keuchly....nobodys even close to those 2 not even wagner
    How is Wagner not even close? He is putting up a high number of tackles on a good defense Kuechly plays on a bad defense so he gets more chances to rack up tackles.

I do agree though that Kuechly is most likely to win it.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 12-12-2012 at 02:40 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast