13 16.88%
  • Other

5 6.49%
  • Casey Hayward

11 14.29%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Droy?

vCash
    And his first start was week 6 or so. Incredible player. Best rookie nobody´s talking about

vCash

Hayward

The last 3-4 sites I have seen in the last 2 weeks actually has had Hayward leading the race. I know multiple fans on B/R and similar sites have had him first on the couple I've seen and a very well respected site Profootballfocus has him in the lead also. According to PFF's grades no other defensive rookie is close to grading out as well as Hayward. I believe he is their top rated Corner though also.

His stats speak for themselves. According to PFF and ESPN.com he is top 5 in the league in INT 6(4th),PD 19(2nd), Passer rating 30.1(next closest is 20 pts higher)(1st), TD allowed 0(1st), Comp % allowed 43.9%(2nd), Tackle efficency 48 (1st).

Not only are those stats better than any other rookie but most are better than the Veterans in the NFL. Those numbers are outstanding for a rookie. It is hard to compare players at different positions but 1 way to get an idea is to see where they rank against other players at their position. Based on those stats you could argue he has statistically been the best Corner in the NFL this year. Looking at other players in the running you couldn't say that.

Smith is probably being overrated the most. I don't see him even being in the running. I think Kuechey is probably the next closest followed by Wagner. It should be hayward by a landslide but I do feel the perception of GB's pass defense will skew the results. Even though Hayward is a BIG reason the defense has made a big turn around this year.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 12-17-2012 at 04:48 AM.

vCash
    Is there 1 or 2 droy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    The last 3-4 sites I have seen in the last 2 weeks actually has had Hayward leading the race. I know multiple fans on B/R and similar sites have had him first on the couple I've seen and a very well respected site Profootballfocus has him in the lead also. According to PFF's grades no other defensive rookie is close to grading out as well as Hayward. I believe he is their top rated Corner though also.

His stats speak for themselves. According to PFF and ESPN.com he is top 5 in the league in INT 6(4th),PD 19(2nd), Passer rating 30.1(next closest is 20 pts higher)(1st), TD allowed 0(1st), Comp % allowed 43.9%(2nd), Tackle efficency 48 (1st).

Not only are those stats better than any other rookie but most are better than the Veterans in the NFL. Those numbers are outstanding for a rookie. It is hard to compare players at different positions but 1 way to get an idea is to see where they rank against other players at their position. Based on those stats you could argue he has statistically been the best Corner in the NFL this year. Looking at other players in the running you couldn't say that.

Smith is probably being overrated the most. I don't see him even being in the running. I think Kuechey is probably the next closest followed by Wagner. It should be hayward by a landslide but I do feel the perception of GB's pass defense will skew the results. Even though Hayward is a BIG reason the defense has made a big turn around this year.
    I didn't know his stats compare him so favorably against every corner in the league. Hayward is such a stud.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions: 54
    Yards: 779
    Tds: 10

vCash
    Hayward's not even starting again lol

vCash
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-year-week-14/

actually that was last weeks here is week 15's link

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...-year-week-15/

I wanted to link this for the people that haven't seen it. I absolutely love this site. I finally broke and bought the subscription this year and I find it amazing. Very cool knowing how a player actually played in a game after being broke down on tape by professionals(I am certainly not). It is out every Tuesday I believe.

Hayward of course had another solid game sunday. Was thrown at once in his 24 times in coverage and had 1 interception. I wish he would be on the field more than 28 snaps a game though. He has been by far the Packers 2nd best playmaker on defense this year behind of course Matthews. That's why I couldn't understand the Giants game when House was playing and getting picked on while Hayward was on the bench because Giants purposely schemed him out of the game.

He now has a 23.5 passer rating which is twice as good as the next best CB in the NFL. That is insane.

updated Stat line is Thrown at 67 times, 29 catches allowed, 43.3%, 364 yards, 0 td's, 6 int, passer rating 23.5, 19 pass deflections.
    Last edited by Kevolu; 12-18-2012 at 04:36 PM.

vCash
    7. Bobby Wagner, LB, SEA (+13.4)

The tackle numbers of Luke Kuechly may impress some, but playing linebacker is more than just being credited for a tackle 8 yards down field. Wagner, at this point, is the more complete player and is our top ranked middle linebacker on the year.

Oh ****

vCash
    He has had a very good year like I said earlier but MLB is by far their weakest graded position. They have it broke down into two sections, MLB and ILB. There are multiple ILB graded higher than him and by quite a substantial margin. At this point I would agree he is the runner up though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevolu View Post
    He has had a very good year like I said earlier but MLB is by far their weakest graded position. They have it broke down into two sections, MLB and ILB. There are multiple ILB graded higher than him and by quite a substantial margin. At this point I would agree he is the runner up though.
    Best mlb in the league as a rookie is beastly no matter how you slice it up. Not saying he is but I am happy/impressed regardless.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456