Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Twitter's very useful if you're smart about it. 99.9% of baseball news breaks on twitter. If it wasn't said there first, it was made up.
    Although, Twitter "broke" a Hamilton signing a few weeks ago that was bogus. Fake Salisbury account had people freaking out. I agree do agree though, almost every actual baseball event breaks on Twitter from some of the bigger named, verified accounts.

vCash
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tex...ne-tonight.ece

Jon heyman says in this report that the 2 sides are close

Skins, Flyers, Phils and 76ers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Orakpo0826 View Post
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/tex...ne-tonight.ece

Jon heyman says in this report that the 2 sides are close
    Looks like a BS article. Heyman never said that...he actually said a return to The Rangers makes the most sense now.

vCash
    Fake accounts don't count. It's pretty hard to be fooled by a fake account once you realize that people do that.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Apparently Anthony Gargano did actually report this yesterday. CBS Philly posted an article about it here: http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...year-contract/ which they wouldn't have done had been a completely erroneous report.

That being said Ant isn't exactly the most reputable source in the world.

Props to Fly-Eagles-Fly for the Sig

vCash
    well i guess we can just hope this is true?

would be pretty amazing and would make sense considering his close friendship with Young and extended friendship with Lee

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    I totally see the Lee-Young angle playing a part here. I'd give him this deal without thinking, with a vesting 4th year at the same AAV as a sweetener. Then I'd go out and do the Brown-for-Soriano deal and watch happily as OFFENSE returns to Philly.

But I'm an old guy; I'd gladly trade another 2-3 years of contention at the expense of delaying another rebuilding project.

And remember, we're in NYY-BOS territory now where a rebuild won't take as long as before CBP and the new cable deal.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    I would love Hamilton in Philly, but RAJ does not have a track record for spending money on offense. I see the Phils missing on Hamilton and settling for Scott Hariston to platoon with Brown which is not enough to win the NL EAST

vCash
    3years wont get it done say hello to Soriano

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZamboniCub View Post
    3years wont get it done say hello to Soriano
    Oh god I hope not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I totally see the Lee-Young angle playing a part here. I'd give him this deal without thinking, with a vesting 4th year at the same AAV as a sweetener. Then I'd go out and do the Brown-for-Soriano deal and watch happily as OFFENSE returns to Philly.

But I'm an old guy; I'd gladly trade another 2-3 years of contention at the expense of delaying another rebuilding project.

And remember, we're in NYY-BOS territory now where a rebuild won't take as long as before CBP and the new cable deal.
    You and me both, a lineup of

Rollins
    Utley
    Hamilton
    Soriano
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Young
    Revere

Would flat out RAKE! Sign me up. Our team would be terribly old then but have a lot of money to spend in around 3-4 years if that was our team. I'd love it though.

vCash
    Its on mlbtr now...

I just figured its logical to mention that since so many people Sony believe something unless it hits twitter...

Lmfao
    Last edited by bringinwood; 12-12-2012 at 08:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerzeyFresh View Post
    You and me both, a lineup of

Rollins
    Utley
    Hamilton
    Soriano
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Young
    Revere

Would flat out RAKE! Sign me up. Our team would be terribly old then but have a lot of money to spend in around 3-4 years if that was our team. I'd love it though.
    that lineup would be sick your middle of order has 120+hr potential high obp at 1-2 with no sloutchs at 6-8

Edit: at first i thought it was an AL lineup, ie i thought u had 4 OFs or an added DH but its legit. add that lineup to hammels doc lee and you guys are favorites for WS barring underproformance/injury.
    Last edited by ZamboniCub; 12-12-2012 at 09:26 PM.

vCash
    I guess I'd be fine with Alfonso if we also got Hamilton...pipe dream...i almost would be content to see what brown and ruf can do...tough call
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    I will take him for 4 years with an option for a 5th and a buyout....Most of you guys have pushed me to the point where I say to hell with spending lets just win lol

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast