Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Resign, Trade, or let him walk?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Resign

7 36.84%
  • Trade

6 31.58%
  • Let him walk (if neither resigning or trading are feasible to you)

6 31.58%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    you dont sign a guy to a max deal who has degenerative knees...

you also dont let a player of bynums caliber walk away for nothing, ESPECIALLY at center...

but you cant trade a player like him for scraps either.. and i dont think we would get much more than scraps at this point

sooo really all of the options suck.

but based on the options available to us... if we release bynum, we are not going to win a championship in the next 5 years.. and we arent going to blow things up and do it the thunder way, which leads me to believe we are going to stay in a similar situation with or without an unhealthy bynum on our payroll.

So i guess i take the off chance theres a healthy bynum in more of the 5 years we resign him than not. If there is, you never know... we could make some noise

vCash

If Bynum's knees are degenerative, should we resign, trade, or let him walk?

Here's what we do -

Sign him, and then bench him for the entire regular season so that he can rest and not worsen his knees. Put a good enough team on the floor so that we still make the playoffs, then put Bynum in for the playoffs and ride him like a motherf***er for like a month straight all the way to a championship as he's rested up and ready to dominate.

Immediately following the parade on Broad St., bench him again for 11 straight months so that he can rest his knees and rehab again until he's ready to play and dominate again just in time for the next season's playoffs.

Max deal. 11 months of rest, physical rehab, and physical therapy. 1 month of well rested, healthy, utter domination. Repeat. Do this for like 5 straight years until he literally can't walk anymore. Back to back to back to back to back champions. YES!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86:24698121
    10 years is a little too dramatic, but i do agree with the core concept.

If we move jrich and/or hawes we could sign howard.
    How bout that for a quick fix?
    Lol. Nice troll attempt.
    Explain....

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan:24702783
    Here's what we do -

Sign him, and then bench him for the entire regular season so that he can rest and not worsen his knees. Put a good enough team on the floor so that we still make the playoffs, then put Bynum in for the playoffs and ride him like a motherf***er for like a month straight all the way to a championship as he's rested up and ready to dominate.

Immediately following the parade on Broad St., bench him again for 11 straight months so that he can rest his knees and rehab again until he's ready to play and dominate again just in time for the next season's playoffs.

Max deal. 11 months of rest, physical rehab, and physical therapy. 1 month of well rested, healthy, utter domination. Repeat. Do this for like 5 straight years until he literally can't walk anymore. Back to back to back to back to back champions. YES!
    Were already doing this

vCash

^Haha true. And I was just kidding around

vCash
    This was my worry from the beginning with this trade..i know hes a big name player i get it. But for the life of me i cannot understand why if you KNOW beforehand that he has a serious issue, why in the hell are you trading for him??? I dont see him playing a game for this team and i think we all have to resign to that fact. Giving this kid who essentially is in chase utleys current physical condition but WORSE and at only 24 yrs old, a max deal, is absurd and will cripple this team financially for the duration of that deal.

If he somehow gets back on the court and dominates like he can, then you can try to bring him back but NO way do you give him a max deal. I would honestly rather see him walk, have the front office admit they made a mistake and move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Were already doing this
    I was thinking the same thing haha.

He woulda been ****ed in Washington...
    Update: Turns out he was ****ed in Kansas City too

Flyers PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2009
    Phillies PSD Hall of Fame Class of 2010

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Here's what we do -

********** come back to reality with the rest of us buddy, and start talking with some common sense.
    Last edited by Fred; 12-16-2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: stop the insults! He was joking

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 76erEaglePhils View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sixer04fan View Post
    Here's what we do -

********* come back to reality with the rest of us buddy, and start talking with some common sense.
    I was obviously joking. Did you not get that from my extreme exaggerations and blatant sarcastic tone? Obviously what I said was ridiculous. Wow
    Last edited by Fred; 12-16-2012 at 08:19 AM.

vCash
    For me the answer is obvious: Trade him

Why pay Bynum a dime if his knees are so fragile that he gets hurt bowling? His talent is unbelievable yes, but the risk is just way too big...You deal him for what you can get for him, keeping in mind hes the 2nd best center in basketball when healthy and just 24 years old

But what is a reasonable asking price for someone like him?

vCash

The asking price has to be substantial.... If for no other reason than hes a big expiring contract, we gave up a lot for him, and whoever trades for him obviously also would be willing to sign him this summer, or else they wouldnt trade for him.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    You need to let him walk to be honest with you.. UNLESS you can get the players the team needs in a trade..

If not.. Let him go, he has proved a few things in his career. 1. He had or still has the potential to be the best C. in the league 2. Injuries messed him up.

vCash

Letting him expire may be a solution.... There are options moving forward for equally game changing bigs in the near future.

U have dwight howard this summer..... A hawes for expiring deal gets us enough to sign him (or use hawes/jrich in that sign and trade)

Kevin love is super unhappy in minny and hes expiring in 2014.... He may relish coming to a bigger city with a little more team continuity.

Also chris bosh in 2014 which is obviously a long shot, but maybe hes done being a 3rd banana while he still has 4+ years of the prime of hos career to play.

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    I would try to do a sign and trade if another team is willing to assume the risk of giving him a max contract. If that's not feasible, as difficult a decision as it is, I'd let him walk. Wait out the cap space on a worthy investment.

I personally don't think he'll hold up much longer. His days of full seasons are going to be few and far between. You see what happened to Brandon Roy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12