Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYY09 View Post
    That very well could happen, but nothing really points in that direction.
    Funny, people said that when Paul O'Neil came over. Kuroda last year. When Damon came here people thought he didnt have much left, and so on. The Yankee uniform tends to rejuvenate guys. Youk will be just fine. Plus this team full of candy ***** needs someone in their face every now and then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    But I will root for him obviously. And it is KILLING my MAfrirnds where I grew up. The ultimate kick in the nuts. Can Varitek still catch?

Youk will excel on the big stage for sure. He's playing for another multi year contract and will have an excellent year. Arod won't play the field much so Youk will get his 500 ABs and have a monster year. .300 / 25 / 90 with a .400 OBP in our lineup. He will see lots of fastballs and get lots of walks if he gets hot.
    Yeah he will get lots of fastballs becuase no one wants to pitch cervelli.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Funny, people said that when Paul O'Neil came over. Kuroda last year. When Damon came here people thought he didnt have much left, and so on. The Yankee uniform tends to rejuvenate guys. Youk will be just fine. Plus this team full of candy ***** needs someone in their face every now and then.
    None of those guys were in decline the way Youk is. He hasn't stayed healthy since 08. And his stats have simply been down for the last 2 seasons. Maybe he's rejuvenated. Or maybe he's simply had one too many injuries and can't do what he once did. Honestly, hf he could match last seasons production AND stay healthy, I'd be reasonably happy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by daytoner500 View Post
    did anything really point in that direction when Ichiro came here? hopefully the same happens to Youk, i have faith in this guy, he has something to prove
    You're really not trying to compare Youk to Ichiro are you?

And you can't prove anything from the DL. Look, I dont mind the Youk thing, at this point its the only thing that made sense but I can't share in your "faith" when all the data points in the other direction. Is he going to be solid? yeah, probably but a "high 200, low 300 hitter" as you say? Puff puff pass mah man...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaoudS View Post
    AWESOME response.

And so, a new era begins.....

vCash
    You're really not trying to compare Youk to Ichiro are you?

And you can't prove anything from the DL. Look, I dont mind the Youk thing, at this point its the only thing that made sense but I can't share in your "faith" when all the data points in the other direction. Is he going to be solid? yeah, probably but a "high 200, low 300 hitter" as you say? Puff puff pass mah man...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    None of those guys have anything to do with this situation, and I never said he wasn't going to be solid.

vCash
    I actually like the idea of Ichiro, yeah he's lost a step or two but man is that guy a professional hitter.
    who do you take in a big spot Ichiro or Gardner???

vCash
    Wow this is a tough one for most Yankees fans to stomach. You just have to hope he plays well. I ****ing hate the guy though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    None of those guys were in decline the way Youk is. He hasn't stayed healthy since 08. And his stats have simply been down for the last 2 seasons. Maybe he's rejuvenated. Or maybe he's simply had one too many injuries and can't do what he once did. Honestly, hf he could match last seasons production AND stay healthy, I'd be reasonably happy.
    If he can stay healthy until A-Rod gets back it would be wonderful. I like that he can play 3B, DH and 1B. A-Rod will need days off, as will Teix. I agree his health is an issue. I just like what he brings. He has fire that alot of this team lacks. Plus he's playoff tested. He gets big hits. I remember countless clutch hits he had against us. I think this year will be a statement for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
    Perfectly stated.

vCash
    If we were to sign AJ Pierz too, this would truly become the most hated team of all time.

vCash
    I like this move since its a one year deal. Now we have a starting third baseman till A-Rod gets back and back up for Tex. Let's hope he stay healthy and productive this year.

vCash
    your gonna get that plus more

vCash
    A few interesting issues I see regarding Youk's #s.

1. He can't seem to hit fastballs anymore. His numbers when hitting a fastball have went down for the last 4 seasons.
    2. He's hitting a ton more GBs, which doesn't bode well for a slower player. His GB% in his prime was low to mid 30s. In 2010 his GB% was 37. And over 40% the last 2 seasons.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast