Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    New HD Scoreboards FTW!
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    They are also replacing the video boards in the outfield walls. Those were only 5 years old so the upgrade must be really worth it. Excited to see all of it!
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings
    Bring Back the Los Angeles Rams

vCash
    Cool new upgrades.I like it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15:24956392
    They are also replacing the video boards in the outfield walls. Those were only 5 years old so the upgrade must be really worth it. Excited to see all of it!
    They'll probably make it Kemp friendly. We all know what happened at Coors. Hahaha. There should be outlines of chalk on the wall as a joke for Matty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ESPN and PSD Agrees

vCash
    Haha some extra padding wouldn't be a bad idear for Kemp.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekhelxD View Post
    They'll probably make it Kemp friendly. We all know what happened at Coors. Hahaha. There should be outlines of chalk on the wall as a joke for Matty.
    If this leaked rendering is true...Kemp is in trouble. Absolutely hideous video display taking up the entire outfield wall.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9715/33147369.jpg
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash

But it's either that or pointless ad's
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LASportsFan1996 View Post

But it's either that or pointless ad's
    15+ years ago, the only advertising at the stadium were those two 76/Coca-Cola logos above the scoreboard/Diamond vision and on those two old auxiliary scoreboards that were along the first/third base bags.
    Last edited by dodgerdave; 01-05-2013 at 02:33 AM.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    Might go take the tour tomorrow and ask. Haha
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    I miss the deep, expansive foul territory as well as those metal doors the would flop open whenever a fan would reach out for a foul ball.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

vCash
    It seems like it would be tough on the eyes to have video screens everywhere. Jmo
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THINKBLUE15 View Post
    If this leaked rendering is true...Kemp is in trouble. Absolutely hideous video display taking up the entire outfield wall.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9715/33147369.jpg
    I can handle the high-definition screens for replays, UGH!!!...not happy at all if they are going to create information overload by slathering a scoreboard across the entire outfield fence. It seems like a lowest common denominator solution that conflicts with the history and purpose of the stadium itself.

I am all for changes to upgrade Dodger Stadium, but after witnessing McCourt cover every inch of the stadium experience with tacky advertising, I hope that new ownership doesn't continue the trend by passing the advertising buck onto those that are simply trying to watch a baseball game.

The whole concept in the creation of Dodger Stadium by Walter O'Malley was to create a park like setting that was removed from the stresses of regular life. It is why the stadium was oriented to the hills and not the city skyline. The entire focus of attending a game at Dodger Stadium was to enjoy baseball without superfluous distractions in a great SoCal landscape setting. THAT is exactly what makes Dodger Stadium a unique place in baseball...it is our Green Monster, our ivy-covered brick walls...so I hope that doesn't get lost by those responsible for the stadium upgrades.

The last thing I want to see after paying $$$ for tickets to a game is to be reintroduced to all the scummy advertising I had to pass by just to reach the stadium, let alone park the car and get to my seat. Where do you draw the line when it comes to respecting the patrons of your business?

vCash
    Agree 100%. This is digital overkill. The HD scoreboards above the pavilions are gorgeous, but the outfield wall is an embarrassment.
    Lakers, Dodgers, Kings

vCash
    The giant HD screens look dope! But I agree the entire OF wall covered is not a good look

vCash

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast