Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

$100 Million in Renovations to Dodger Stadium?

I noticed Magic talked about it very low key.

Then at the end of the ZG press conference they showed some footage of the renovations.

It looks like they took out all of those weird reserve seating sections that the mc courts added. I couldnt tell what they were going to do though!

Kasten said announcements on what they are doing will come after the new year.

Any ideas what the renovations are?

vCash
    I saw a picture on Twitter of the bull dozers going to town on the those new sections of seating fields level.

POSSIBLE RENOVATIONS

New HD Jumbo Tron
    Wifi access
    improved seating

vCash
    I believe they renovated both clubhouses as well.

vCash
    Clubhouses/Scoreboards
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Here is a good picture of what's going down.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DodgersBeat/status/278645083321036800

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/DodgersBe...45083321036800
    From that pic I can say I have no clue what is going on.

They just renovated those sections of the stadium in the last few years.

I know there was a couple of complaints about the viewing angles and obstructions but I would think the upgrades are more than that if they are being so drastic and dropping so much coin.

Night club??? haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus:24688494
    Quote Originally Posted by The 6-4-3 View Post

https://mobile.twitter.com/DodgersBe...45083321036800
    From that pic I can say I have no clue what is going on.

They just renovated those sections of the stadium in the last few years.

I know there was a couple of complaints about the viewing angles and obstructions but I would think the upgrades are more than that if they are being so drastic and dropping so much coin.

Strip Club??? haha
    Correction.

vCash
    I see them creating a walkway around the stadium like they have here in Camelback Ranch. I also see a new Dodgers Vision HD Jumbo Tron centered above the hitters eye. Lastly, I can see the bathrooms re-done.

DEDICATED TO DWIGHT HOWARD

vCash
    how about some cushioning on the seats -___- my *** still hurts from the reserve levels lol
    LAKERS/RAMS/DODGERS/UCLA/MAN U/MEXICO
    Shut it down. Let's go home.

vCash
    Maybe they're gonna bring in the fences and make use of this new high-powered lineup.

Matt Kemp will hit 50 homers in 2013

vCash
    Although I like the Dugout Club seating that was built behind home plate...I was always curious how the Dodgers would have fared over the last 10 years if they hadn't built it. A lot of what built the reputation of Dodger Stadium as a "pitcher's park" was the HUUUUGE foul territory in the original design...not too mention the familiar comfort of Mike Brito holding the radar gun in his panama hat.

With the strong starting pitching and bullpen we have had of late, I could only imagine how many outs from the old configuration, are now garden-variety foul balls...and how that equates to differences in home wins and losses?

If the Dodgers really want to reclaim their home-field advantage that built a pitching legacy of Koufax, Drysdale, Sutton, Fernando, Hershiser, etc...they should look into increasing the foul territory the same way other stadiums tweak their outfield fences for their roster.
    Last edited by mOrphosis; 12-12-2012 at 05:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    Although I like the Dugout Club seating that was built behind home plate...I was always curious how the Dodgers would have fared over the last 10 years if they hadn't built it. A lot of what built the reputation of Dodger Stadium as a "pitcher's park" was the HUUUUGE foul territory in the original design...not too mention the familiar comfort of Mike Brito holding the radar gun in his panama hat.

With the strong starting pitching and bullpen we have had of late, I could only imagine how many outs from the old configuration, are now garden-variety foul balls...and how that equates to differences in home wins and losses?

If the Dodgers really want to reclaim their home-field advantage that built a pitching legacy of Koufax, Drysdale, Sutton, Fernando, Hershiser, etc...they should look into increasing the foul territory the same way other stadiums tweak their outfield fences for their roster.
    Great post. I have always thought the same thing about losing foul ground. It's funny cause my first thought when I read rennovation at ground level was "Free Mike Brito!" I'd also like to see Mota and other assistants no longer allowed in the dugout there to scout out guys.

Another thing I think would be beneficial by removing the seats behind home plate would be our speed. I can still see pitchers worried about our speed at second over pitching and Lopes or Gibby going second to home on a wild pitch. With Crawford Kemp and our other speedy players this would be exciting to watch.

vCash
    I like the idea of getting all that foul ground back, but we need to pay the tabs for all these new expensive contracts somehow. I'm sure that dugout club section makes a nice dent

vCash
    They need to build a train up from Union Station.

vCash
    The only thing that I give a crap about is that they renovate the restrooms. Other than that, just use the money on players.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast