Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    At this point it seems like most teams or writers outside of the Cubs don't care to even look at Soriano's stats. It's kind of frustrating that even the more enlightened baseball fans I know just go "lol Soriano" the moment his name is brought up and it seems like teams and external writers have the same response.
    We have Chicago to blame for that. Fans started crying as soon as he was signed, and it only got worse. With certain media members (COUGHkaplan) badmouthing him as a lazy deadbeat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    if we are going to pay 26 million to get rid of soriano, i want a major league ready proven player
    I understand the thought process behind that...but we are already going to pay 36M regardless so getting a young, cost controlled asset with plus upside like garcia is worth paying the hit IMO.

What happens when Soriano regresses or blows out his acl in spring training?..you get nothing..at least with a cost controlled asset you turn your money into something potentially with garcia.

vCash
    yeah it has to be looked at from a "soriano's production for 2 years" vs. whatever you get angle
    #Turtlepower

Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gaughan333 View Post
    yeah it has to be looked at from a "soriano's production for 2 years" vs. whatever you get angle
    I really am concerned about soriano's injury risk with that knee. He chose to not have surgery...if its degenerative then the structure has to be weak since he played with that injury/pain all last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by huff View Post
    I really am concerned about soriano's injury risk with that knee. He chose to not have surgery...if its degenerative then the structure has to be weak since he played with that injury/pain all last year
    Try last 3 years...has to be bone on bone now.
    BUTTERFLIES AND RAINBOWS!!!!! I love it when a plan comes together - John Hannibal Smith.

"I hear STUPID People...When? Alllll theee timmme"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terencem View Post
    At this point it seems like most teams or writers outside of the Cubs don't care to even look at Soriano's stats. It's kind of frustrating that even the more enlightened baseball fans I know just go "lol Soriano" the moment his name is brought up and it seems like teams and external writers have the same response.
    Yup. If I were a fan of another team and found out we traded for Soriano, my initial reaction would probably be to take a steel catheter and shove it right up my ****.

Population: Bears

vCash
    if you look at it as having a 25hr 80rbi guy for 5mill per year he doesnt look as bad as people make him out to be.

vCash
    I love Sori.

OK Nick, here is what I need you do. Go over there and grab me some water, a towel, and make yourself comfortable while I WRECK THIS ISH.

My name is Mark Sanchez. I am here to save you.

vCash
    If it hasn't already been posted, in support of what Marlin Bystro wrote, here's Levine's update:

The Chicago Cubs and Philadelphia Phillies discussed the parameters of a deal involving Alfonso Soriano, but there is nothing going on between the two teams presently, according to two major league sources.

The sources said the Cubs would have received pitching in return for the veteran outfielder. One source said the conversation initially took place a month ago as the Cubs seek relief from the $38 million that remain on Soriano’s contract.

Jayson Stark reported earlier on Tuesday that the Phillies were initially uninterested in Soriano. Stark also said Philadelphia may change their mind in the near future, but a trade between the two is a long shot at this point.

I heard you were looking for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ABE32 View Post
    Try last 3 years...has to be bone on bone now.
    Yeah, I can't in good conscience recommend that he go hella skiing.

vCash
    So, no deal?

vCash
    If the Phillies were willing to trade Brown for LaHair in the beginning of the season, then that is a friendly indication of just how much Brown's value has fallen. I'd say that even Colvin has more value than Brown right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    If the Phillies were willing to trade Brown for LaHair in the beginning of the season, then that is a friendly indication of just how much Brown's value has fallen. I'd say that even Colvin has more value than Brown right now.
    I don't believe the Phillies were willing to do that, which is why Brown is not a Cub. I think it was the Cubs willing to trade LaHair for Brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ​​​​ View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, and if you're being fair, Colvin got shipped to the exact line up and ball park where his K or HR swing or bust can work.

We're stuck w/ Soriano until probably June/ July 2014. He'd have to have a healthy, power-heavy first half next season for anyone to maybe seriously bite on him and also bring us something of decent value back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I didn't realize Brown was already 25. I'd still do it though.
    Agreed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast