Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well this team can't get much worse so I say go for it. Now if we actually signed some decent players I wouldn't do this deal for just brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I'm not a fan of the never crowd to be honest. I'd like to hold this FO to the super high standard we were sold on being able to hold them to. I would like for them to deliver on that for once. Brown for Soriano straight up has it's appeal because we get rid of that dang old guy and his overbearing cost, but Brown has enough question marks where I don't see that being a truly fair price.
    Worth the gamble on another lost season. Let Brown play all of 2013 in LF no matter what and see what he's got. Could be something or could be nothing, but worth the gamble.

Or....since the Phils are looking for two corner OF's....Cubs toss in DeJesus+ with Soriano for Dom Brown and Ethan Martin, done.
    Last edited by Assman22; 12-12-2012 at 08:02 AM.

vCash
    Brown in RF, sign Delmon Young for LF, play Stewart at 3B. Let's stockpile as many fallen former top-3 prospects in baseball as we possibly can.

vCash
    I like Soriano for Brown and Martin or Aumont.

I like their young LH reliever Diekman. He throws hard, has a weird arm angle, kills lefties, gets K's, and basically has the potential to be a high end lefty reliever.

vCash

Cubs and Phillies talked Soriano for Brown swap

I apologize, I completely read the report wrong. I thought it said that the Cubs would be covering 10 mill, not all but 10 mil. Just a little difference there. Saving 5 mil in 2014 isn't quite as significant as 13 mil. Still, I maintain that saving money is still important.

vCash
    Anymore chatter on this rumor? Where is AB or Marlin..flash the signal!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    The only reason I want to be a mod is so I can follow them around while they're in invisible mode.

vCash
    This would be a nice move, although it doesn't appear to be very hot. If this were to happen, his stock has risen, and the Cubs would have to pick up at least 10 mil, and at most, 15 mil. That's a far cry to what we all expected this time last year.
    Last edited by thawv; 12-12-2012 at 01:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    I like Soriano for Brown and Martin or Aumont.

I like their young LH reliever Diekman. He throws hard, has a weird arm angle, kills lefties, gets K's, and basically has the potential to be a high end lefty reliever.
    Same here. I don't think just Brown is worth 2 years of Soriano but I do want him as part of a package.

Right on track with my thought process about it. Brown and Martin/Aumont would be a very nice return. Might have to throw in a lower level spec on our part too though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    I can say the Cubs don't want Brown and there is virtually no chance of this happening.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    I can say the Cubs don't want Brown and there is virtually no chance of this happening.
    I guess the better question is then, how badly do the Phillies want Soriano?

vCash
    *cheers*

vCash
    Marlin WAIT! Don't go!

How interested could Detroit be in Soriano? He seems very like a very organic addition for them as a LF/DH they can put behind Fielder in the lineup. Porcello interested maybe?

vCash
    Unsure of anything with Detroit. Wouldn't count on that kind of value though.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast