Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The Phillies like Soriano offensively but appear to have some reservations about his defense, despite great improvement last year.
    LOL wut? Phillies has had both Pat Burrell and Raul Ibanez playing LF in the past 5 years and yet they have concerns about Soriano. Oh my.

Something tells me the Cubs might have to add something decent with Soriano if they want to get Brown.
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Man he was highly touted coming up. At 25 why not

vCash
    stros dont make sense cuz there rebuilding and said by others he dont wanna dh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    LOL wut? Phillies has had both Pat Burrell and Raul Ibanez playing LF in the past 5 years and yet they have concerns about Soriano. Oh my.

Something tells me the Cubs might have to add something decent with Soriano if they want to get Brown.
    Posturing so they don't have to give up more.

vCash
    If the Cubs are picking up that much salary, Soriano for Brown is good straight up. I would not give much else more.

vCash
    Braves and Nats have both made moves to improve. Phillies window to win is closing. They're as win now as any team in the league. Move makes sense for both sides. Let's just do it!

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    There's a fake Heyman Twitter account that is making up rumors it looks like.

vCash
    With all this back and forth talk about Astros, his defense, not wanting to DH. You guys are forgetting a little minor quibble and it's driving me insane. Have you all forgotten he's said it had to be somewhere with a great chance to win? And we're totally forgetting to mention THAT, but instead 10 posts about him not wanting to DH?

On the Soriano for Brown thing. Sounds like a lottery ticket but a really exciting one. I so want this to happen now so ofcourse it won't. But it does fortify one thing for me, Theo and Jed do NOT back down. They demand full value, and that's great.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    There's a fake Heyman Twitter account that is making up rumors it looks like.
    Starks already commented on this rumor too. It's not made up.

vCash
    "Talked to the Cubs." Big deal. Teams "talk" every day about one player or another. Just a bunch of speculation.

vCash
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymenCBS
    Looking like Alfonso Soriano to the #Phillies for Domonic Brown. Sources say #Cubs are eager to make the trade. Calls into teams to confirm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan23 View Post
    Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymenCBS
    Looking like Alfonso Soriano to the #Phillies for Domonic Brown. Sources say #Cubs are eager to make the trade. Calls into teams to confirm.
    Fake. Notice the spelling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bearfanrp View Post
    If the Cubs are picking up that much salary, Soriano for Brown is good straight up. I would not give much else more.
    I like Brown as much as anyone here but one fallen prospect is not enough for a good player who fits them that well.

I want one that elicits the typical internet reaction of "zomg super amazing prospect for THAT guy," even if the prospects are good but not super amazing. I don't feel like Brown alone would do that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Starks already commented on this rumor too. It's not made up.
    I know it's not made up. I'm the one that posted the rumor originally in the FA/Trades Thread. But the fake Heyman Twitter is saying it's basically done and also said Hamilton was going to the Phillies. A couple posts above me is quoting the fake Twitter. It says @JonHeymenCBS, when it should be @JonHeymanCBS.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
    Fake. Notice the spelling.
    This is what I was talking about. The original rumor is legitimate though.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast