Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    vCash
    The Tigers don't need a DH, they have VMart coming back next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    The Tigers don't need a DH, they have VMart coming back next year.
    Fine with me as Soriano still views himself as an OF, which he should.

Unsure of anything with Detroit. Wouldn't count on that kind of value though.
    Thanks. Porcello probably would be an overpay. One more...Is it safe to assume that if Porcello is available that the Cubs would be in there?

vCash
    KC needs a LF. What can they offer us?

vCash
    I'm thinking Soriano is here to stay, at least until the trade deadline. We probably won't make any major moves the rest of this offseason but I hope I'm wrong.

vCash
    We're stuck with him. Good thing it's only a couple more years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehdcubsfan2 View Post
    KC needs a LF. What can they offer us?
    They have Gordon.

They do need a platoon RFer...*COUGH*DE JESUS*COUGH*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    They have Gordon.

They do need a platoon RFer...*COUGH*DE JESUS*COUGH*
    ****, I thought Francoeur played LF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    We're stuck with him. Good thing it's only a couple more years.
    Why risk a 1/2 season of mediocrity? I personally think hes gone this offseason, TBH. I just cannot see why the FO wouldnt want to move him right now, money factored in and everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Why risk a 1/2 season of mediocrity? I personally think hes gone this offseason, TBH. I just cannot see why the FO wouldnt want to move him right now, money factored in and everything.
    What makes you think they don't want to move him right now? They've been trying to move him every day since Theo got here! Not a lot of teams want an old man who can't run anymore. And if we're lucky enough to find someone, he could easily say no! (Giants)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubsfan365 View Post
    Seems like a trade the Cubs would make after taking a chance on Rizzo after he didn't do well in his first MLB stint.
    Taking a chance? His first few WEEKS were poor. Means nothing. He has/had star written all over him. Absolutely no chance taken at all with that move.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlin Bystro View Post
    I can say the Cubs don't want Brown and there is virtually no chance of this happening.
    Alright scratch that then..lol

Anymore chatter about Soriano at all?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    What makes you think they don't want to move him right now? They've been trying to move him every day since Theo got here! Not a lot of teams want an old man who can't run anymore. And if we're lucky enough to find someone, he could easily say no! (Giants)
    Because if we dont move him now, what are the odds they will be able to move him in the future? I dont expect his little Renaissance to keep up through 2013, nor should the FO. I agree to be patient and try to find the best deal possible for him this offseason but ultimately I think they know theyre gonna have to take what they can get for him now. Of course the market isnt flooded with trade demands for Soriano right now but if the FO is serious about getting a deal done, they will up the ante on how much salary they would be willing to eat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimbrH2001 View Post
    Because if we dont move him now, what are the odds they will be able to move him in the future? I dont expect his little Renaissance to keep up through 2013, nor should the FO. I agree to be patient and try to find the best deal possible for him this offseason but ultimately I think they know theyre gonna have to take what they can get for him now. Of course the market isnt flooded with trade demands for Soriano right now but if the FO is serious about getting a deal done, they will up the ante on how much salary they would be willing to eat.
    I just cannot see why the FO wouldnt want to move him right now, money factored in and everything.

Sorry bro..........It sounded like you were implying that the Cubs didn't want to move him right now. My bad.

vCash
    At this point it seems like most teams or writers outside of the Cubs don't care to even look at Soriano's stats. It's kind of frustrating that even the more enlightened baseball fans I know just go "lol Soriano" the moment his name is brought up and it seems like teams and external writers have the same response.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    if we are going to pay 26 million to get rid of soriano, i want a major league ready proven player
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast