Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Another interesting thing about the Fire Duka trade is we acquired the rights to Robbie Rogers as well. If he does come back to the MLS, I guess that means we would keep Rolfe up top and not going to the midfield and Rogers would be a good wing player for us, opposite of Duka. If we go to a 4-3-3, maybe have Duka-Macdonald- Rogers,
    I guess Rolfe to the midfield, Lindpere- Larentowicz and then Segares, Arne, Berry, Anibaba or Pause and then Johnson as GK.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...p-wcq-honduras

only 3 days, can't wait! Not so sure about a few of the callups but hopefully Chandler gets capped and Gonzalez is paired with Cameron in the back!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...p-wcq-honduras

only 3 days, can't wait! Not so sure about a few of the callups but hopefully Chandler gets capped and Gonzalez is paired with Cameron in the back!
    Can't wait to see the backline

vCash
    Damn FC Dallas went out and did some shopping today. They acquired Eric Hassili and Kenny Cooper. that should boost there front line, well Cooper at least!

vCash
    Probably one of the few Red Bulls fans who like the trade. Just cause he scored 18 last year dosent mean he will again. Didnt work hard enough off the ball to be paired with Henry either. Got Espindola who can fit in there plus, with Cahill and Juhinio theres a bunch of ways RB could set up. Getting 200K in allocation plus the 370K off the cap gives them a lot of options.

Wonder if this means the Peguy Luyindula rumor will actually come true. Or they get a couple small pieces and save the majority of money for the summer DP.

vCash
    I'm not saying I agree with it but I bet we see Fabian, Boca, Cameron and Chandler on the back line.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    I had heard rumors that him and Henry didn't get along that well either, so I'm sure that may of had something to do with it. That does free up a lot of space for you guys, so it'll be interesting to what you do with the money. I don't know why you guys would go for that striker,he doesn't seem to have that great of a goal scoring record and he could want big money. You probably need to go for a midfielder or something since you are pretty thin there right?

Also I read Nigel Reo Coker turned down a move to the Portland Timbers and he wants to stay out in Europe. He probably only said no because it wasn't LA or NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with it but I bet we see Fabian, Boca, Cameron and Chandler on the back line.

Who do you not agree with? I would like to see Gonzalez or even Besler I guess start at CB instead of Boca but Klinsmann may want to have experience starting in there. Chandler, looks like he'll finally be capped tied tomorrow and I really don't like the Torres or Evans call ups.

vCash
    Hassli and Cooper up front. It's going to be an interesting set up. Hassli doesn't convert well and neither forward really creates on his own. There's some service from Castillo and Ferraira. Not sure what kind of system Hyndman is gonna run with this. He needs a lot more midfield help but over the past few seasons, FC D has struggled w/ their striker pool.

vCash
    I would agree that I would like Omar in there for Boca. But I doubt JK would take Boca's experience out of there.

I think the starting XI is:
    ----------------Altidore-----------
    ---------------Dempsey-----------
    Jones--------Bradley-------Zusi
    ----------------Edu---------------
    Johnson----Boca----Cameron---Chandler
    -----------------Howard--------------

With Jones, Bradley, Zusi and Edu playing a diamond. I could see Gomez or Eddie Johnson being put in there to give us width with Jones dropping back and replacing Edu. Edu hasn't played much recently. Danny Williams could also crack the starting lineup.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanian215 View Post
    Hassli and Cooper up front. It's going to be an interesting set up. Hassli doesn't convert well and neither forward really creates on his own. There's some service from Castillo and Ferraira. Not sure what kind of system Hyndman is gonna run with this. He needs a lot more midfield help but over the past few seasons, FC D has struggled w/ their striker pool.
    You also forgot they have Blas Perez from Panama up top too.

I don't think Edu starts, he is just now getting playing time again but he didn't get much from Stoke City for months. As much as I want Altidore to start up top, I think he'll start with Gomez just because JK has gone with him the past several games. Should be interesting to see what he goes with though come Wednesday.

vCash
    Altidore----------------------Gomez
    ---------------Dempsey----------
    -------Jones----------Bradely
    -------------Edu---------------
    Chandler---Cameron-Boca---F. Johnson

Thats my guess. Unless Klingsman really bunkers in and goes for a tie, which I dont think would be a bad result. Wouldnt be shocked if Omar is in there for Boca but think he goes with his experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyanks79 View Post
    Altidore----------------------Gomez
    ---------------Dempsey----------
    -------Jones----------Bradely
    -------------Edu---------------
    Chandler---Cameron-Boca---F. Johnson

Thats my guess. Unless Klingsman really bunkers in and goes for a tie, which I dont think would be a bad result. Wouldnt be shocked if Omar is in there for Boca but think he goes with his experience.
    That's more defensive minded than what we've been using but I would like to see Jones out of this cuz a road game in concacaf isn't something I'm looking forward to.
    Altidore
    ---Gomez
    Dempsey ---Bradley---Zusi
    Williams
    F. Johnson-Boca-Cameron-Chandler
    Howard

We transition to a 4-3-3 when in possession and maintain that shape or fall back into a bucket when they're under pressure on defense.

Supposedly, that's the new jersey. I think it's ok. Nike has been using this look for their jersey w/ two solid colors, one at the sleeves w/ a thick hem. The off US Soccer crest is annoying. I can't wear white but I'll definitely go with a navy one. For some reason my deodorant stains my whites no matter how fast I wash them right after use (no matter how little I sweat).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanian215 View Post
    That's more defensive minded than what we've been using but I would like to see Jones out of this cuz a road game in concacaf isn't something I'm looking forward to.
    Altidore
    ---Gomez
    Dempsey ---Bradley---Zusi
    Williams
    F. Johnson-Boca-Cameron-Chandler
    Howard

We transition to a 4-3-3 when in possession and maintain that shape or fall back into a bucket when they're under pressure on defense.

Supposedly, that's the new jersey. I think it's ok. Nike has been using this look for their jersey w/ two solid colors, one at the sleeves w/ a thick hem. The off US Soccer crest is annoying. I can't wear white but I'll definitely go with a navy one. For some reason my deodorant stains my whites no matter how fast I wash them right after use (no matter how little I sweat).
    i doubt we ever see dempsy play wide in a us jersey ever again. i think he will finsih his career off as an attacking mid/ shadow striker underneath a target man.

vCash
    I would love to see Williams play instead of Jones. I don't care for Jones at all. He's a red card waiting to happen. But JK seems to have a crush on him. He called him one of the teams' most important players today.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    i doubt we ever see dempsy play wide in a us jersey ever again. i think he will finsih his career off as an attacking mid/ shadow striker underneath a target man.
    I think with the lack of LM's in our pool, Dempsey brings a lot out of that position. I'd rather him play LM than having Brad Davis play that same spot (different role) or have 3 DM's w/ Jermaine Jones out there.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast