Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

MLS and USMNT Thread IV

The other has got a lot of posts so i figured let's start with a new thread......

SKC just signed Felihaber to replace Espinoza in the CAM spot. Rumors also continue to swirl with LA and NYRB on who they will bring in.
    Eastern Illinois Class of 2012'

vCash
    Don't think Feilhaber is there to replace Espinoza. Espinoza is box to box at best but I think he's going to end up playing a destroyer role in the EPL and for his national team. He's really good at disrupting play and finding that first ball after gaining possession. He's reckless at times but guys who play that position need that extra bit of aggression as long as the decision making is there. Not sure how SKC is gonna continue playing the 4-3-3 honestly.

And a mod should add "IV" to the title of this thread.

vCash
    i thought thats what it said on MLS' website though haha anyways yes to respond to your last post in the old thread Richards is going to Burnley or some other team in England.
    Last edited by cubfan23; 12-11-2012 at 07:48 PM.

vCash
    Sporting KC acquire Ike Opara and if he can stay healthy and live up to potential they have a great CB pairing in him and Besler. Also Portland have acquired Ryan Johnson and Milos Kocic from Toronto for their 1st round pick. I still don't get why Tor picked up Hassili's option. I thought they should of gone for a better DP.

Lastly, Demspey won his 3rd US Player of the Year Award.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubfan23 View Post
    Sporting KC acquire Ike Opara and if he can stay healthy and live up to potential they have a great CB pairing in him and Besler. Also Portland have acquired Ryan Johnson and Milos Kocic from Toronto for their 1st round pick. I still don't get why Tor picked up Hassili's option. I thought they should of gone for a better DP.

Lastly, Demspey won his 3rd US Player of the Year Award.
    Hassli isn't even that good. He doesn't do anything particularly well. At least not well enough to be a DP. On top of that, he's not a big name. I don't get the trade for Portland unless they're in a win now mode. Kocic is ok but Ryan Johnson isn't good. I'm surprised Besler re-signed for 4 years. I figured he'd give Europe a shot. Maybe he's trying to get a transfer fee from a team that really wants him. Opara could be ok if he stayed healthy. At this point, he'll be a league player based on his physical attributes alone.

On a side note, I thought the Marquez deal was done. Looks like it's not. Sucks that he's here.

vCash
    Chivas USA appointed Jose Luis Sanchez Sola as head coach, he's got plenty of experience in the Mexican league so we'll see how well that correlates to the MLS

vCash
    Its official the Red Bulls have another DP spot as Marquez is leaving the club...Now things will get interesting for you guys and your search to get another DP.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...lcome-end-saga

Rumors are heating up that SKC has an agreement with Claudio Bieler coming to the team, no idea who he is. Also it says Owen Hargreaves could be coming to the MLS.

vCash
    Also just read some great news for the league as Portland is going hard after Mix Diskerud to play as their CAM. Awesome news if they get him as it looks like we are trying to bring and keep some of our young players into the league then.

vCash
    Chivas USA appointed Jose Luis Sanchez Sola as head coach, he's got plenty of experience in the Mexican league so we'll see how well that correlates to the MLS
    Don't know who the heck that is but chances are upper management ****s things up as usual and Chivas and TFC will battle it out for the bottom spot in MLS.
    Its official the Red Bulls have another DP spot as Marquez is leaving the club...Now things will get interesting for you guys and your search to get another DP.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...lcome-end-saga

Rumors are heating up that SKC has an agreement with Claudio Bieler coming to the team, no idea who he is. Also it says Owen Hargreaves could be coming to the MLS.
    Thank god. I thought it would never happen. Roxburgh +10.

no thanks to hargreaves. if he goes play for TFC great. that franchise is blowing it.
    Also just read some great news for the league as Portland is going hard after Mix Diskerud to play as their CAM. Awesome news if they get him as it looks like we are trying to bring and keep some of our young players into the league then.
    Mix should stay in Europe. No point in him coming here. He needs to continue to challenge himself.

vCash
    good coach.

vCash
    I'm not sure if it's feasible but I would be excited to see pro soccer in NY. Whether in Brooklyn or Queens, it doesn't really matter to me. I know there's a lot of ethnic enclaves in Brooklyn that go back centuries. Marty Markowitz is trying to have some more instant gentrification in his borough by trying to bring pro soccer to east new york. That place is a flat out dump but jobs from a pro soccer team over there would be great. Maybe a pro soccer team would start drawing inner city kids to soccer as well as basketball. It would be immense in creating talent for our national team. African Americans don't have the culture that draws them to soccer but other groups in the area would be drawn to it because they have that culture built into their communities.

Just imagine the Nets theme w/ Juve stripes on a Brooklyn jersey. Amazing.

vCash
    watching the live results of the entry draft and with the first pick Toronto takes Danny Califf. Good move for them. Now they pair him up with O'Dea or whatever his name is and move Eckersley back to RB, I would think. Not sure who their LB is. Also Philly selected Conor Casey and LA took Will Hesmer, so maybe Saunders is out as GK, either that or they got a pretty good backup in Hesmer.
    Last edited by cubfan23; 12-14-2012 at 03:12 PM.

vCash
    Edson Buddle was traded to COL today for allocation money and draft pick. So COL looks to replace Casey with Buddle for hold up play. If he's healthy I guess its an alright move and LA looking to get some salary off the books to line up for a move later? Also someone in their organization had made statements saying Donovan will be coming back. We'll see what happens.

vCash
    McCalister is rumored to be taking over for the Red Bulls.....I don't know anything about the guy so I'm not sure if it'd be a good hire for you guys.

vCash
    http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/12/...nambucano.html

Red Bulls sign Juninho, also KC is going to be announcing a new DP tomorrow. I wonder if its the Argentine striker who was rumored to join before.
    Last edited by cubfan23; 12-17-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast