Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Honestly, it doesnt surprise me, he has really impressed me this year.
    wouldn't leading in the minus category be a bad thing?? lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Honestly, it doesnt surprise me, he has really impressed me this year.
    no, he leads the minus portion by a lot....

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    did anyone realize that Dante leads our team in the minus category of +/- in a landslide? I found that weird.
    I looked this up a couple days ago and was definitely surprised. He has been playing well this year so I could care less what his +/- is. That trade was a great one for us, I had almost never seen cunningham play before. I think that +/- could have some to do with the rotation and who he plays with as well as being partially coincidence. This is a situation where the eye test disagrees with a stat imo (not that anyone is claiming +/- is a great all around stat or anything).

vCash
    well he does play in the 4th quarter and we suck in the 4th quarter having blown the most leads in the nba when taking a lead into the 4th so that makes sense...

vCash
    Yeah it's a team game and the +/- thing is not an accurate representation of the individual but is a reflection on the team as a whole. I see what Cunningham does on the court. He is a difference maker, he does his job and then some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I looked this up a couple days ago and was definitely surprised. He has been playing well this year so I could care less what his +/- is. That trade was a great one for us, I had almost never seen cunningham play before. I think that +/- could have some to do with the rotation and who he plays with as well as being partially coincidence. This is a situation where the eye test disagrees with a stat imo (not that anyone is claiming +/- is a great all around stat or anything).
    well, a 25 game sample size from a second unit guy isn't enough to make an assumption forever, but the fact is, it does tell us he isn't having the impact we thought he may have been, ie, our best interior defender, and we are actually better with him on the floor. Shows he truly belongs as a rotation player is all.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    well, a 25 game sample size from a second unit guy isn't enough to make an assumption forever, but the fact is, it does tell us he isn't having the impact we thought he may have been, ie, our best interior defender, and we are actually better with him on the floor. Shows he truly belongs as a rotation player is all.
    Ya, I can agree with all of this. I guess the point I am trying to make is I don't think he is a negative when he's on the court, despite the early numbers. We have had so many injuries and he is one of the players getting moved all around so I think that may contribute a little bit.

When you look at the 14 most used lineups he is in (all the ones where he has played at least full quarter with) he has a +9. After that it obviously gets really bad The two lineups he has played 11 minutes with are a combine -18 (a -15 in a lineup of barea, shved, kirlinko, williams included). My point is a lot of the - numbers are coming from less used lineups where someone might out of position or the game may be in hand etc. I agree that it may show we overrated him a little bit but even with these numbers I wouldn't say he's hurting us or playing poorly while on the court.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 12-30-2012 at 02:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya, I can agree with all of this. I guess the point I am trying to make is I don't think he is a negative when he's on the court, despite the early numbers. We have had so many injuries and he is one of the players getting moved all around so I think that may contribute a little bit.

When you look at the 14 most used lineups he is in (all the ones where he has played at least full quarter with) he has a +9. After that it obviously gets really bad The two lineups he has played 11 minutes with are a combine -18 (a -15 in a lineup of barea, shved, kirlinko, williams included). My point is a lot of the - numbers are coming from less used lineups where someone might out of position or the game may be in hand etc. I agree that it may show we overrated him a little bit but even with these numbers I wouldn't say he's hurting us or playing poorly while on the court.
    oh exactly, which is why I said the sample size is not enough. Dante is a nice rotation player who shouldn't get more than 15 mpg, but that would require Love to continue to play better, and DWill to continue contributing, so we can actually use role players as, you know, role players haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thechom80 View Post
    wouldn't leading in the minus category be a bad thing?? lol
    no, he leads the minus portion by a lot....
    haha, what a dumbass. Wow that really surprises me a lot.

vCash
    His statistical measurements are so bad, that he should resign for a minimum 4 year deal!!!

Wolves United

vCash
    Is this Kevin Love wants out just the usual media blown b.s?? Or is there some truth to it?

vCash
    He is just being a *****. A ***** is what he is. If only he'd shut his mouth and ball out.

vCash
    Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

George Karl post-game: "I think Minnesota at times plays better without Love. They're kind of a machine-like offense."

Jerry Zgoda Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

Love hid out in the training room after the game and didn't talk with media members

Jerry Zgoda ‏@JerryZgoda

Read into this what you will: A couple of players mentioned how transition defense improved in 4th-qtr run (obviously, Love was out during that run).

vCash
    Ok, now I starting to get worried. Love is starting to be widely bashed. Imagine PSD comments expanding across the state.. He needs protection from teammates and coach. And to start playing better, rather sooner than later!

Wolves United

vCash
    Oh come on. 2 games back the players were saying that we will continue going to Love cause he is our star player. On the other hand the support can go so far.
    I mean the ball in Love's court now. The management -that he so gracefully trashed- did their job and got him a good team and coach. Now if he has psychological problems he should see a doctor.

United we Run

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast