Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wanderingeyes View Post
    While I understand the Love ripping, and right now it is well deserved, but he is still Kevin Love, the same guy everyone was cheering for last year, that everyone drooled over.
    I don't understand your confusion. He wasn't doing what he is doing then.
    Do you feel he looks like he did last season?
    Look at how he's acting when the team is playing well?

vCash
    Thinking about Loves future here after this contract makes me nervous. After what hes said about the organization and his contract anyone should have concerns. On top of this however is that he is a top player in this league and yet isn't the most loved by the fans. Ricky really is the player that gets the love and attention and I'm worried that bothers love because he believes he's the best player/most deserving of the praise. I feel like love is a player that likes to be in that spotlight and I wonder how he feels about rubio being the fan favorite.

On the upside we have him for a few more years guaranteed and it appears we will have a competitive team that should hopefully be enough to keep him here.

vCash
    Love just needs to stfu, get healthy, and play like he did last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FLWolvesFan View Post
    Love just needs to stfu, get healthy, and play like he did last year.
    This exactly. If Love hadnt opened his yap, and sat there and ditched the team, his poor play wouldnt be a big deal. Everyone has bad games. Love is coming off an injury, and it takes a little time to get your head back into the game.

If Love would have STFU in the past, things would be normal. I am sure if he has learned to SYFU now, things will be back to normal in no time.
    Now why did the Wolves do that?

vCash
    Love is the same guy that he was last year, and every other year. His crime is not playing poorly, or even selfishly. His crime was letting fans know that he is not as committed to this franchise as they are, and that he can see himself playing somewhere else. People who are hurt by that are no longer willing to forgive his whining or selfish play. I never expected that he would be tied to this team, so my opinion of his play hasn't changed. He is the best player we have, and may have ever had, and his ego (as annoying as it can be) is what drives him to excel well beyond his physical gifts. It is why he is a stud, and Darko is a vagina - passion and ego.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    Love is the same guy that he was last year, and every other year. His crime is not playing poorly, or even selfishly. His crime was letting fans know that he is not as committed to this franchise as they are, and that he can see himself playing somewhere else. People who are hurt by that are no longer willing to forgive his whining or selfish play. I never expected that he would be tied to this team, so my opinion of his play hasn't changed. He is the best player we have, and may have ever had, and his ego (as annoying as it can be) is what drives him to excel well beyond his physical gifts. It is why he is a stud, and Darko is a vagina - passion and ego.
    Not to say I disagree with everything you're saying, but aren't these two points the whole reason he's getting so much flack?

Yeah he's the same guy, but that's kind of the problem with respects to his attitude and demeanor. And fans putting the team first is what fans do, but it's also what great leaders do as well. But you're right, he's prepping us fans for the inevitable, and we shouldn't be the least surprised when he jets.

vCash
    Didn't he also squak early on at the Olympics he was not getting the playing time he deserved?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimKid View Post
    Not to say I disagree with everything you're saying, but aren't these two points the whole reason he's getting so much flack?

Yeah he's the same guy, but that's kind of the problem with respects to his attitude and demeanor. And fans putting the team first is what fans do, but it's also what great leaders do as well. But you're right, he's prepping us fans for the inevitable, and we shouldn't be the least surprised when he jets.
    My point is that it wasn't those two things - it was just the one. Everyone was willing to put up with the prima donna act when they thought he would never leave this team. Once he said that he could see going somewhere else then all the trade talk and "we don't need him" nonsense came out.

And I have to disagree with you a bit about fans putting the team first. No one here has to take a pay cut to watch this team, or move our families, or watch every game or even watch a complete game. Some fans may take winning and losing more personally than some players, and some players may put their welfare before the welfare of the team - but a fan asking a player to play hard for a team he doesn't like so that they can have a better team is pretty selfish too.

vCash
    I think this thread has ran it's course.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Oefarmy2005 View Post
    I think this thread has ran it's course.
    5 posts already today. I dont think so.

vCash
    My point is that it wasn't those two things - it was just the one. Everyone was willing to put up with the prima donna act when they thought he would never leave this team. Once he said that he could see going somewhere else then all the trade talk and "we don't need him" nonsense came out.
    Just to be clear, I stated my support for a Love trade before the article ever came out - I had seen one too many games of him complaining and had had enough. The article did incite some extra anger from the fan base and this forum, but Love was already wearing on some (and had worn out his welcome with me).

vCash

And I have to disagree with you a bit about fans putting the team first. No one here has to take a pay cut to watch this team, or move our families, or watch every game or even watch a complete game. Some fans may take winning and losing more personally than some players, and some players may put their welfare before the welfare of the team - but a fan asking a player to play hard for a team he doesn't like so that they can have a better team is pretty selfish too.
    Your probably right, I should have stated that "I" have been tired of his act for a few years now, which doesn't translate to the entire fan-base being tired of it for that long.

As for the taking a pay cut deal, we'll have to agree to disagree.. I can't relate and have no sympathy for the whole "pay cut" argument.. don't sign the contract, it's really that simple. There's no selfishness involved, it's what he's paid to do, regardless if he thinks he's owed more.

vCash
    I have been a big Klove fan. However, if the FO does not believe he is committed to the TEAM, you could make a case this is a good time to move him. This is starting the feel like the Howard situation. Love's value is very high right now. Maybe it is the right time.
    Last edited by 3XDouble; 12-17-2012 at 04:49 PM.

vCash
    Paul Allen's take on Kevin Love

I know I am the Purveyor of Positivity and it's out of character for me to rip people, but I am becoming sick of KEVIN LOVE. His whiny act bugged me repeatedly tonite in the loss to Houston, and I must concede ever since he ripped the organization in that Yahoo! story two weeks ago I have waited for him to back his his prattle with team-carrying performances.

Instead, he continues to be broke from three-point range (24 percent this year, 0-for-7 tonite) and complains more than any player I have seen. He shoots and shoots and shoots and generally is wide open from deep, and cannot get close. He was beaten for key rebounds tonite and couldn't stop STUD JAMES HARDEN on a huge hoop late. James exploded straight down the key and the slow-footed Love seemed to lack the desire to even foul him. Too, he led the Wolves in turnovers with five.

James Harden is a max-contract guy, Kevin Love is not playing like one. I know he's coming off a broken-hand injury, and I am willing to cut him some slack for the shooting, but other facets of his game continue to bug.

To wit, I have seen him repeatedly miss and not hustle back on defense. He did it several times tonite, and it's unacceptable for (a) the highest-paid player on the team and (b) for a guy who torched the organization for lack of direction. When you rip the way he did you have to personify hustle every single play and he doesn't. He seems afraid to pick up fouls because it may affect his opportunity to fill his stat sheet if he has to sit.

Those who claim he is nothing but a big box score at best are looking accurate. His defense at times is deplorable. But the thing that irked me the most tonite happened in the first half, and it was a subtle exchange between him and JJ BAREA. JJ shoots too much sometimes and at best is a role player, but he's scrappy as hell and always gets the most out of his game. Barea has ring cred, and Love does not.

Kevin made a nice pass to Barea under the basket in the second quarter, and Barea refused to shoot it. JJ is five-foot-nothing and most likely would have had it blocked. Love passed to the shortest guy on the court under the basket and became pissed off JJ didn't shoot it. His arms went to flailing and he screamed something at Barea. Then as the ball went the other way Love continued the histrionics and seemed more interested in showing up Barea than hustling back on defense.

Why? Why become pissed at the littlest guy on the court for not launching a stupid shot amongst the trees? Why not shake it off and become the team leader you swear you are? If you rip the direction of the team publicly go out and outwork everybody so we know the passion comes from your heart.

Kevin clearly is frustrated his shot is way off and is not handling it with aplomb. He has *****ed about calls and lack of ref cred all of his career, and when he got into Barea tonite it bugged the heck out of me. Execute your defensive prowess with more effort, and watch some James Harden tape if you want to know what a true max-contract guy plays like. James is smooth, tries hard on defense and didn't act like a child when he was traded from maybe the best team in the NBA. Instead, he goes out every game and guides the Rockets like the born leader he is.

We need a better overall game from Love while THE SPANISH KID rounds into form -- he's not close, by the way -- and more is required from Kevin to assist this team to the postseason. I hated what he said in that Yahoo! story and it makes him look awful when he shoots terribly, doesn't hustle on defense and shows up players on the court. It has to stop.

vCash
    The discussion has gone from "did we make a mistake not offering a max deal," to "did we dodge a bullet not offering him a max deal."

Love's talent is undeniable. So will the return we get in a trade for him.

I'm not jumping ship because of a 2 week span, I'm considering jumping ship because of a year long attitude problem he has. Kevin Love has too much of an attitude to succeed here or as a #1 option anywhere.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast