Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bobby Petrino to Western Kentucky

Well this is different.

With the FBS's major coaching jobs out of reach, Bobby Petrino had a choice -- he could accept a position with a lower-rung school or wait until 2014 to make his return. He's reportedly made that choice, and Western Kentucky could be the school that benefits.

The Bowling Green Daily News has reported that Petrino will be introduced as the Hilltoppers' head coach at 4 p.m. Monday. Petrino replaces former Western Kentucky head coach Willie Taggart, who accepted the USF job.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ball/21347707/

vCash
    WKU made a better hire than all four SEC teams that had head coaching openings. Kind of hilarious when you think about it.
    On Cam Newton:

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    WKU made a better hire than all four SEC teams that had head coaching openings. Kind of hilarious when you think about it.
    except for the malzahn hire, i agree... pretty funny
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    except for the malzahn hire, i agree... pretty funny
    Really? I think Bielema and Jones were both much better hires than Malzahn. Malzahn seems like a quiet, pensive type, and I'm not sure that will translate well to being a head coach. It generally doesn't. We'll see.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    Really? I think Bielema and Jones were both much better hires than Malzahn. Malzahn seems like a quiet, pensive type, and I'm not sure that will translate well to being a head coach. It generally doesn't. We'll see.
    Have you seen the staff that he is putting together....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Have you seen the staff that he is putting together....
    Malzahn? He made a nice DC hire, yes. Other than that?

Not to mention, just because he puts together a good staff doesn't make him a good HC. Dabo Swinney has a great staff at Clemson, but he isn't a great HC. He's not even good, if you ask me.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash

vCash
    Bobby Petrino is a dick
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Malzahn? He made a nice DC hire, yes. Other than that?

Not to mention, just because he puts together a good staff doesn't make him a good HC. Dabo Swinney has a great staff at Clemson, but he isn't a great HC. He's not even good, if you ask me.
    Malzahn is not like Dabo Swinney at all. He could be in over his head in the SEC, but he is an offensive guru with a chance to succeed if he gets Auburn's identity back into his spread concepts.

As for Petrino, I think Cal blew their shot at becoming an elite football program. They should have taken a shot at him, and I'm sure he would have jumped all over the shot. Nothing against Dykes, but Petrino is an elite HC.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Malzahn is not like Dabo Swinney at all. He could be in over his head in the SEC, but he is an offensive guru with a chance to succeed if he gets Auburn's identity back into his spread concepts.

As for Petrino, I think Cal blew their shot at becoming an elite football program. They should have taken a shot at him, and I'm sure he would have jumped all over the shot. Nothing against Dykes, but Petrino is an elite HC.
    I wasn't comparing him to Dabo Swinney. I was just saying that building a good staff doesn't equal being a good coach, and used Swinney as an example. Everyone has a "chance" to succeed, it's a matter of how big or small that chance is.
    On Cam Newton:

So it's official.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Nfl scouting is a joke.

vCash
    I wasn't comparing him to Dabo Swinney. I was just saying that building a good staff doesn't equal being a good coach, and used Swinney as an example. Everyone has a "chance" to succeed, it's a matter of how big or small that chance is.
    Whoops, I misinterpreted your initial post. I definitely agree with your argument, and the Washington Huskies are a decent case study to prove this (at least to this point).
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Good luck to him. I hated how it ended at Arkansas and he has nobody to blame but himself, but the guy can coach...if you need proof, just look at how bad Arkansas was this year with essentially the same team & coaching staff without him and John L. Smith in his place.

vCash
    Great hire by WKU, even if its only a two year rental until a bigger job comes along

Cameron Jordan is awesome

12.5 sacks and this http://instagram.com/p/jfs5DemKo3/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neovenator250 View Post
    Great hire by WKU, even if its only a two year rental until a bigger job comes along
    Try 1-year rental.