Utley
    Ruiz
    Howard
    Young
    Brown/Mayberry
    Ruf/Nix
    Revere
    P

For the 25 games Ruiz is out, Young can hit 3rd. I'd prefer not to leadoff with Rollins, but keeping the lineup balanced forces my hand.
    Nice.

I like

Rollins-S
    Utley-L
    Young-R
    Howard-L
    Chooch-R
    Brown/Mayberry Platoon
    Ruf-R
    Revere-L

While Chooch is out, give Ruf a shot at the 5 hole and Kratz at 7th.

I can't see Nix being a platoon since he would get most of the AB's. His splits doesn't even translate to a platoon player. Ruf might be able to do a better job.
    Last edited by PhillyRocks; 12-27-2012 at 02:57 PM.

vCash
    It's a fair point about Nix. In reality, I would expect Nix to get about 1 start a week plus several games a week from pinch hitting, double switches, and such. Brown, Ruf, and Mayberry should be juggled for the majority of the starts. Charlie will play the hot hand of course.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    1. 2b-Utley
    2. SS- Rollins
    3. C- Ruiz ( have to make sure he doesn't go back to Polanco type offense again)
    4. 1b-Howard
    5.3b- Young
    6. Rf-Brown
    7.Lf- Ruf
    8.Cf-revere

Obviously if ruf hits it won't work because revere can't protect him but that lineup leaves Ruiz Young and Ruf available to switch in the lineup pending on the hot hand.

vCash

Talking

Revere
    Rollins
    Brown
    Ruf
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Utley
    Young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by axstone26 View Post
    Revere
    Rollins
    Brown
    Ruf
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Utley
    Young
    Prosportsdaily is regretful to inform you that your posting rights have been revoked

vCash
    Revere
    Rollins
    Brown
    Ruf
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Utley
    Young
    Last edited by phillies1980; 12-27-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Revere
    Rollins
    Brown
    Ruf
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Utley
    Young
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfan05 View Post
    Prosportsdaily is regretful to inform you that your posting rights have been revoked
    Pretty much sums it up for ya. I don't even know what to say about that lineup haha.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIlladelph16 View Post
    Pretty much sums it up for ya. I don't even know what to say about that lineup haha.
    At least he kept it to 8 position players. Kudos!

vCash

Lightbulb

I think the ' ' that he posted was supposed to tip us off that he was being sarcastic with his post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 11MVPPatBurrell View Post
    I think the ' ' that he posted was supposed to tip us off that he was being sarcastic with his post.
    I hope you're right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillies1980 View Post
    I hope you're right!
    Yes, completely sarcastic! Next time I'll try to be more obvious, although I don't think I could make up a worst lineup.

vCash
    So the question what batting order I would suggest, right? So I'll admit that this probably wont happen but...

If I was Charlie, I'd play with a couple lineups in the spring. Try batting young 3rd, Utley 2nd, revere 1st. I'd want to see how they excel in those positions. IF they do well...

1. Revere
    2. Utley
    3. Young
    4. Howard
    5. Ruf
    6. Rollins
    7. Ruiz
    8. Brown

I'm assuming a few things here. First, given the success mentioned above, Rollins would have to accept a role down in the line up. I'm also hoping Ruf can hit at least .250-.260 with power in the 5 hole. That MAY be asking too much. I also don't trust Ruiz coming back to 2011 form as many seem to. I really think the Aderall helped that production a bit. If he plays like the 2009-2010 Ruiz, he can't hit in the 3 hole.

If Ruf is failing in the 5 hole, here's what I do...

1. Rollins
    2. Revere/Brown
    3. Utley
    4. Howard
    5. Young
    6. Ruiz
    7. Ruf
    8. Brown/Revere

I don't like this order as much bc we can't split up the righty/lefty batters. Some analyst scolf at the importance of this separation, but I think many of us have seen by the eye test that a lefty line-up in previous years gets dominated by lefty pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedRed(duh) View Post
    IF they do well...

1. Revere
    2. Utley
    3. Young
    4. Howard
    5. Ruf
    6. Rollins
    7. Ruiz
    8. Brown
    I know you say if they do (excell) well.... and I think your lineup or the following is probably what we'll see:

1. Rollins
    2. Young
    3. Utley
    4. Howard
    5. Ruiz
    6. Brown
    7. Ruf
    8. Revere

But personally, I'm not sold on Brown and Ruf in the everyday lineup, I prefer them as a platoon and another right fielder. However, I can't see overpaying Bourn for 5 years plus giving up the 16th overall pick and I'm glad Rub didn't overpay for BJ Upton, Victorino, Swisher, Ross, Pagan etc.

I am pretty sure we will see this or your line-up (starting game #51, provided everyone is healthy). I also think if the Phils are close to a playoff team and Ruf/Brown aren't producing then at the trade deadline is when you go out and trade for a Soriano, Wells (if he's showing any power at all) or whoever might be traded (Cargo, Tulo, Cuddeyer... I think the Rockies are going to suck this year and clear house around the trade deadline).

vCash
    I don't think the Rockies will ever trade tulowiski. And if they do, it'll take a kings random the size the phillies don't have. Unfortunately.

vCash
    Very true, I keep forgetting how baren their farm is but I think Cuddeyer will definitely be on the trading block, problem is someone will over pay with talent to get him if they are close. I still think this is a better option then losing the 16th overall pick.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast