Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: batting order?

vCash
    If anything it's Charlie who is stubborn about where he bats...
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    I dont see Revere leading off.

Rollins
    Utley
    Young
    Howard
    Ruiz
    Brown
    Ruff
    Revere

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    If anything it's Charlie who is stubborn about where he bats...
    A Team, even you have to acknowledge the numerous reports over the last few years about Utley being dead set on batting 3rd.

Charlie doesn't care. i mean ****, how many lineups did he run out there last year? i know the injuries, yada yada yada.

there's no telling Utley what to do just like there's no telling Halladay what to do.

vCash
    i would think revere really should hit near the top of the lineup though, either leading off or hitting 2nd, like pierre when he played for the Marlins during his prime. otherwise i feel like his speed is wasted.

vCash
    I've never heard Utley complain about moving in the lineup...at least nowhere as bad as Rollins and his need to leadoff. Utley has batted 2nd a bunch of times last year(and the year before).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Donnie View Post
    I've never heard Utley complain about moving in the lineup...at least nowhere as bad as Rollins and his need to leadoff. Utley has batted 2nd a bunch of times last year(and the year before).
    Utley is never going to outwardly complain about anything. he's the ultimate professional.

i just remember Salisbury on numerous occasions speaking about Utley liking to stay in the 3 hole and not wanting to move from that spot, certainly not down in the lineup.

it's moot anyway. Utley is best suited to bat 2nd or 3rd. anywhere else really doesn't work for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    A Team, even you have to acknowledge the numerous reports over the last few years about Utley being dead set on batting 3rd.

Charlie doesn't care. i mean ****, how many lineups did he run out there last year? i know the injuries, yada yada yada.

there's no telling Utley what to do just like there's no telling Halladay what to do.
    Honestly, I have seen zero reports. I'll try to remember to ask him the next time I get a chance.

I know that he'll insist on playing or staying in the game, but I've heard not a peep about where he bats in the lineup. He's willing to try 3B to help the team, so I don't see why he wouldn't try a different spot in the lineup...

Utley actually has almost a perfect leadoff profile. The only thing that doesn't fit are his balky knees. He would instantly be a top 5 leadoff hitter, if not the very best.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    Revere
    Rollins
    Utley
    Howard
    Young
    Ruiz
    Ruff
    Brown

vCash
    Won't happen before June, but anyway:

Revere
    Utley
    Young
    Howard
    Ruf
    Rollins
    Brown
    Ruiz

vCash
    As long as Manuel is in charge, rollins will lead off, utley will be either 2nd or 3rd and Howard will be 4th...everyone else fills in around that...

vCash
    1. Rollins
    2. Revere
    3. Utley
    4. Howard
    5. Young
    6. Ruiz
    7. Ruff
    8. Brown

Think that Ruff will Eventually be the protection Behind Howard Once he Proves he can hit Maj. league Pitching on every day Basis. until ruff proves himself i think they go with young.

vCash
    while your line-up makes sense (to a degree), having 3 lefties at 2 - 4 is problematic late in games

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    while your line-up makes sense (to a degree), having 3 lefties at 2 - 4 is problematic late in games
    It doesnt matter what the order will be. RAJ did nothing to help out the offense and I expect a bunch of 2-1 or 3-2 losses again this year. Amaro is a joke.

vCash
    if we dont make any under the radar blockbusters and theres a platoon have some faith, as hard as it may be.

in 2008 when we won the series we had burrell to protect howard but there was a platoon between geoff jenkins and jayson werth. that worked perfectly because werth played so good to win the job full time and he turned out to be great for us until he robbed the bank in DC

of course were gonna be nerve but how awesome would it be if IE: Ruf (26) turns out to be 25/85/.270 AND Brown (25...never given chance. its a fact, not an argument) turns out to be 20/80/.280 with 15 SBs just to add something even more.

dreaming? maybe. possible? definitely. theres only one way to find out. gotta stay loyal to our squad if thats the way they go. a sure thing would be nice like a major blockbuster for kubel (2yr/15m btw) and Upton. than we win championship (yes, anything can happen but still). but otherwise we go with brown and ruf and pray for the best. it sucks its not up to us what we do in the OF but thats just the way life goes. that would be called acceptance.

****but whos with me on a blockbuster involving rub, brown, and bunches (hope we keep quinn, cozens, asche but nvm that) netting us upton and kubel

Rollins
    Utley
    Young
    Howard
    Upton
    Kubel
    Ruiz
    Revere
    Pitcher

can the situation be any better? contracts, young stud, two 30 plus homer hitters, RH power, etc

its realistic IMO. either way im content cause ill believe this team can win with any way they go. preferences are one thing but believing in something and staying loyal are musts.

vCash

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by illadelphia1 View Post
    netting us upton and kubel

its realistic IMO.
    This isn't MLB 2K13. Thus making it extraordinarily UNrealistic.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast