Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZurEnArrh View Post
    So that's Upton and Johnson gone. I have no idea who the prospects are or how good they are. I don't like it either way
    We're trying to flip Nick Ahmed (the SS we just got from ATL) and a pitching prospect to Detriot for Rick Porcello.

Love this unless the 'pitching prospect' is Skaggs, Bradley, Corbin, or Delgado..
    they can have anyone else but those guys.

vCash
    So that's Upton and Johnson gone. I have no idea who the prospects are or how good they are. I don't like it either way
    I like the team Towers has built. Its going to be an exciting team. The only off season move I question is the expense on Ross, not the signing, but that's the market right now. The Bauer trade was a little weird. Now Upton's loss is huge, in that we don't have a natural number 3 hitter, but Prado is capable of filling it since he's an obp guy. Great situational team the dbacks have turned into though, which is what you need in this division.

Daniels was correct not to make the trade. Upton would not of been successful there. Upton will love not having to face the Giants, Dodgers and Padres pitching anymore, let alone the stadiums, and in that Braves line-up, he should see more fastballs in general and not be pitched around, like he was here.

Anybody notice Miggy's stats last year in day games, he's still probably more productive than the back-up in those games, he's the key to this team (mvp) but the dbacks may be asking for trouble from overuse as evidenced by the obvious severe drop-off in production in those games, let alone groin pull/back etc.. Let him complain all he wants but its best for him, and the team. Rolling the dice playing him that many, his bat and presence is way too valuable.

good return on Upton. Stanton for Skaggs.

vCash
    Delgado has good stuff, but occasionally loses his confidence in his pitches and gives up walks. Your fans are going to love Prado though. Hits a lot of doubles, versatile, and plays hard. Arguably the 2nd most popular Brave after Chipper in recent years (which is saying lot).

vCash
    I was skeptical of this trade at first but looking at the projected line up, it doesn't look that bad. Hopefully we'll be able to compete.

vCash
    I was skeptical of this trade at first but looking at the projected line up, it doesn't look that bad. Hopefully we'll be able to compete.
    The J-Up trade & the DiDi trade.. while they were multiple transactions, when combined shows that Kevin Towers has changed the team in a pretty dramatic fashion:

Dbax trade: Major League players Justin Upton, Chris Johnson, Matt Albers, Brian Shaw and minor league pitcher Trevor Bauer to Cleveland and Atlanta

Dbax recieve: Major League players Martin Prado & Tony Sipp and minor league players DiDi Gregorius, Randall Delgado, Zeke Spruill, Nick Ahmed, Brandon Drury and Lars Anderson.

The addition of Martin Prado for Chris Johnson is a clear step toward improving the carisma & attitude of the team. The addition of two very highly rated middle infield prospects (DiDi & Ahmed) make this former area of weakness for the DBax into an area of strength going forward. The addition of the two Atlanta SP prospects more than makes up for the loss of Trevor Bauer, who was not going to be a long term candidate to stay with the DBax, anyway. Tony Sipp offers a LHRP that is in short supply and, along with Heath Bell, replenishes the somewhat depleted pen.

Kevin Towers, knowing he had an excess of highly skilled OF'ers already at the ML level and with the emergence of superb prospects, Adam Eaton and AJ Pollock, made dealing Justin Upton and his enormous contract not quite so painful. The DBax have their SS and 2B of the future along with all their prospects they've painstakingly accumulated over the last four to five years. This is going to be a team that can and will contend over the long haul. The new direction for the players on this team will be the basketball equivalent to gym rats: Dirt Bags.. This kind of mental attitude toward the game plays very well with the fans.. KT should enjoy his vacation.. He's earned it...

vCash
    I think Prado will make you forget both of them. Upton's time was up. I don't think management was happy with his attitude. Prado may not hit as many HR's, but he will out hit both of them.

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_ari&c_id=ari

This is an interesting read. Our lineup is going to be all over the place this year

vCash
    You guys are going to love Prado, not only can he play 3 positions skillfully (2B, 3B, and LF), he can also play some at SS if you need him to. He's really a true 2, but he can also hit at the 1 and 3 slots just fine. I'm a little worried about the Braves, as we don't really have any true 1s or 2s, but I don't see you guys taking that big of a hit on offense. As far as Delgado goes, it seems like a lot of people are underestimating his value. He was a 5th starter for us, but our pitching has been stacked, this guy still has a bit of growing to do, but he's really a mid-rotation guy on most teams.

I'll be honest, I want Prado to leave and come back to Atlanta after his contract runs out, but failing that, I really hope you guys are able to resign/extend him.

"I know one thing for sure; you won't be able to say that Braves fans don't care" Chipper Jones

vCash
    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_ari&c_id=ari

This is an interesting read. Our lineup is going to be all over the place this year
    Good post!
    I like that approach. It keeps the guys active. It pays off in the long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Good post!
    I like that approach. It keeps the guys active. It pays off in the long run.
    Allows for a good exploitation of match ups. Gibson knows about all that so it should have a positive effect on the offense.

Any more news on getting Prado extended past this season? It'd be dreaful if we don't lock him up after giving up Upton and Johnson.

-------------------------------

Edit: Nice to see we got Prado locked down for 4 years. Good news.
    Last edited by ZurEnArrh; 01-31-2013 at 03:32 PM.

vCash
    Allows for a good exploitation of match ups. Gibson knows about all that so it should have a positive effect on the offense.

Any more news on getting Prado extended past this season? It'd be dreaful if we don't lock him up after giving up Upton and Johnson.

-------------------------------

Edit: Nice to see we got Prado locked down for 4 years. Good news.
    I believe they locked him up for 4 years/40mil

vCash
    Seems a bit much to me

vCash
    10 per..... yet Hill gets 12 per? Does that seem a bit much as well?

vCash
    They both deserve it. All you get is no nonsense play, and no injuries too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12