Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trade

vCash

trade

brett lawler and kyle drabek for j-up leave pennington at ss theres your 8 hole hitter. Now if you need to trade Hill next year, and Davidson is ready, you're hooked up as well.

Upton is the most valuable player out there right now, and is game changer, for any team. Even my trade/return is silly. Upton in Texas would put up hamilton numbers. J-up has never had the 950 ops because of the nlwest structure (starting pitching/stadiums), and protection in the line-up.

Its been a good offseason so far with the pick up of McCarthy, Bell, and Chavez. Can't really complain, about the moves.

The straw to next season is Eaton if he plays his role, Lawler could be the number 2 hitter in that regard, if Eaton becomes a dynamic lead off hitter.

Hill then becomes the number 3, in this scenario, not conventional 3, but Hill without Upton becomes the biggest piece of this puzzle.

Holding on to the young pitching (Skaggs/Bauer)is also important because IpK and Hudson maybe the most important trade chips, if things come unraveled next year, so keep those guys off the table if Upton is traded.

Now, I target Lawler and Drabek offer up bauer and Corbin for them or just Lawler. Bauer is all that, eccentricities and all, if Upton is kept. Upton is an mvp, and his contract is pennies on the dollar, where's Cashmen?
    Last edited by dbackwaxthe; 12-11-2012 at 02:53 PM.

vCash
    They need better starting pitching. Kennedy had a real bad year, can he recover?
    The young pitchers are that....too young to rely on this year.
    Putz is not a reliable closer. Heath Bell is a wild card.

vCash
    Brett Lawler hasnt played since 2007 and that was with the Marlins. I'm sure they Jays would love to sign him and then flip him and Drabek for Upton

vCash
    Lol ^
    Foam Party!

vCash
    I don't want Upton going anywhere no matter what

vCash
    well Sipp is a 1a loogy, but no Cabrera? What sticks out to me with Didi, is slow bat, long swing and no balance in need of a total overhaul. Other than that, he should do well in Reno. Jackson profar he ain't.

IPK will rebound, over-relied on his change at times last year became to predictable with it, lost confidence in it, then started to leave it up, but the guy's a bulldog and overcame. Just like James Shields, he's the number 1, and will beat you. Last year will make him even better.

Yeah I agree on Lawler. Blue Jays make that trade. Now Lawrie..hopefully Chavez has something left in the tank, he brings a lot if healthy.

I think Kubel got hurt last year, and it caused the slump. He didn't have the same pop in aug.
    Last edited by dbackwaxthe; 12-12-2012 at 12:08 PM.

vCash
    I wouldn't minded an Upton for Profar, if Shoo was our rf'er as well. Would of been worth the risk, that's the type of return you get for Upton., even if profar doesn't make it.
    Last edited by dbackwaxthe; 12-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.

vCash
    geez, this turn of events with the Hamilton signing must have Towers spitting nails. I'd still rather have Profar.

vCash
    There has been talks about the diamondbacks needing pitching and the braves are back in the mix because they have a surplus of pitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbackwaxthe View Post
    geez, this turn of events with the Hamilton signing must have Towers spitting nails. I'd still rather have Profar.
    Its Jurickson Profar, and stop dreaming.

vCash
    Upton was knicked injured all year, and still put up great numbers. He also may of been a little jumpy from the hit in the head by Lincecum and other hbp's the last few years.

Headley, Venable, and Cashner would be a good return too, if Daniels doesn't want to step up.

Whoever gets J-up is getting an mvp candidate, with a pennies on the dollar contract. The day the wrist pad came off his wrist, he turned into a semi-monster again.

Now, there really must be questions marks about his character, because I'm not fan of trading him. This is a legitimate 900+ ops guy, he's done it twice and arguably is the best defensive rf'er in baseball, who has had good overall success in a division that has tough road fields with decent staffs (sd/la/sfo). He generally destroys the interleague series games, year after year. This is a hof player. What kind of numbers would he of put up in the AL or Colorado?

I vote we keep him J-Up and hold off on Eaton another year. I also vote for another year of Willie at ss. There will be plenty of opportunity to get value for J-up in the future. Also, I want to see Davidson at some point, think maybe lists are missing out on him. Hopefully Chavez is a good stop-gap, until then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbackwaxthe View Post
    Upton was knicked injured all year, and still put up great numbers. He also may of been a little jumpy from the hit in the head by Lincecum and other hbp's the last few years.

Headley, Venable, and Cashner would be a good return too, if Daniels doesn't want to step up.

Whoever gets J-up is getting an mvp candidate, with a pennies on the dollar contract. The day the wrist pad came off his wrist, he turned into a semi-monster again.

Now, there really must be questions marks about his character, because I'm not fan of trading him. This is a legitimate 900+ ops guy, he's done it twice and arguably is the best defensive rf'er in baseball, who has had good overall success in a division that has tough road fields with decent staffs (sd/la/sfo). He generally destroys the interleague series games, year after year. This is a hof player. What kind of numbers would he of put up in the AL or Colorado?

I vote we keep him J-Up and hold off on Eaton another year. I also vote for another year of Willie at ss. There will be plenty of opportunity to get value for J-up in the future. Also, I want to see Davidson at some point, think maybe lists are missing out on him. Hopefully Chavez is a good stop-gap, until then.
    Who wants Tyler Skaggs and what is he worth? Skaggs, Davidson, aj pollock for Headley and Venable.

vCash
    Keep Upton and Willie at short. Kubel could have a career year, Willie is good for 110 games at ss, and plays it capably if his back is okay. Things go to **** next year still have IPK and JUp to trade, although it would great if we could afford IPK.

vCash
    [QUOTE=dbackwaxthe;25106702]Keep Upton and Willie at short. Kubel could have a career year, Willie is good for 110 games at ss, and plays it capably if his back is okay. Things go to **** next year still have IPK and JUp to trade, although it would great if we could afford IPK.[/QUOT
    This should be a wake-up call for J-Up, he's not bringing us back Profar olt and perez. Maybe Towers is right to trade him.

vCash
    So that's Upton and Johnson gone. I have no idea who the prospects are or how good they are. I don't like it either way

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast