Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    vCash
    For me, the best scenario would be acquring a guy that was a lotto pick in the last 3 years, a future 1st rounder with any other contracts coming expiring next year. If they can achieve that by trading AB and Jose it would be amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    But how would Gasol help the Raptors? based on the comments in these threads...we need to blow it up and start from scratch...draft picks etc. I don't see how getting Gasol would help us...I totally see how it would help the Lakers.

BUT....the Lakers reportedly have turned that deal down...
    they've turned it down 'for now'. They can't blow up their team before seeing it all play together. You have to respect that. The one thing the raptors have going for them is that at least we know the season is done early. We have a little more time to play with how we blow things up. The silver lining of a Jim Lahey's own ****-cupcake that is our season so far. If Nash comes back and the Lakers still struggle, that deal is still on the table, even if just Pau struggles.

I see a lot of people talking about the limited demand for calderon as well. He can have value to any team with a PG injury looking to contend for any kind of run in the playoffs. Moving him could net us something of value in return, too.

The one thing I worry about in situations like the raptors are in is when you tear down too quickly, and lose value in the process, only exacerbating the situation further.
    Last edited by Sly Guy; 12-12-2012 at 12:05 PM.

vCash
    Keep Calderon, unless we get an expiring contract and draft picks he'll expire by the end of the season anyways.

I don't want a trade that makes our situation worse.

vCash
    For our team right now, moving Calderon doesn't make any sense unless you are getting something significant in return - ie talent that will be an upgrade, or high draft picks. Lowry has been less than impressive this season and is more injury prone than Bayless was because of his style of play. And Lucas is absolutely terrible...

vCash
    I haven't watched the Raptors at all this year so I was wondering is there any chance that Toronto starts Lowry and Calderon when Lowry gets back?

Do they play together at all?

Just wondering because it seems like the best lineup right now would be Calderon, Lowry, and DeRozan. I couldn't understand why the Raptors were starting (or even playing) McGuire in the beginning of the year and giving Calderon less than 20 min. per game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonFSU View Post
    I haven't watched the Raptors at all this year so I was wondering is there any chance that Toronto starts Lowry and Calderon when Lowry gets back?

Do they play together at all?

Just wondering because it seems like the best lineup right now would be Calderon, Lowry, and DeRozan. I couldn't understand why the Raptors were starting (or even playing) McGuire in the beginning of the year and giving Calderon less than 20 min. per game.
    2PG lineup has been used a fair bit thusfar and hasn't yielded great results. Lowry and Jose really dont mesh well offensively because they both need to have the ball and it also puts us at a disadvantage defensively.

I agree on the McGuire part though idk wtf he was doing starting lmao

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Keep Calderon, unless we get an expiring contract and draft picks he'll expire by the end of the season anyways.

I don't want a trade that makes our situation worse.
    For our team right now, moving Calderon doesn't make any sense unless you are getting something significant in return - ie talent that will be an upgrade, or high draft picks. Lowry has been less than impressive this season and is more injury prone than Bayless was because of his style of play. And Lucas is absolutely terrible...
    At this point I agree with this. Keep Calderon unless a deal comes along that you cant refuse. I'd rather see Lowry be traded tbh

vCash
    If Raps can flip Calderon for a lottery pick this year I'd be very pleased.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    If Raps can flip Calderon for a lottery pick this year I'd be very pleased.
    BC traded Nash away and got him back. Maybe the same can happen with Calderon. I would like to see him retire a Raptor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    BC traded Nash away and got him back. Maybe the same can happen with Calderon. I would like to see him retire a Raptor.
    whole heartedly agree with this.

vCash
    whole heartedly agree with this.
    Me too. The only problem is that I don't see him coming back after years of playing great ball for us and still being played as a reserve or shopped. Don't get me wrong, I always thought he was better served as a backup, but to be honest if our lineup didn't have holes left and right Jose could have been a great starter. He just needed more solid players around him.

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust a bit outside. Wild Thing tried for the corner and missed."

vCash
    the feeling in toronto's front office was all along that jose is not good enough to be a starter. instead of trying so hard to find a replacement for pg colangelo should have focused on upgrading the SG and SF positions.

i would like to see jose retire in toronto but i don't think it will happen.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    That would be amazing if he could work that into reality.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    agreed. I like him. He's not worth $10mil/year, but you can't doubt his heart. He's a true professional, and he does a good job running offenses.

He has more value to this team as an expiring contract, so I'm all for trading him this year, but I'd like to see him come back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    That would be amazing if he could work that into reality.
    Given all the crap we get from so many players about Toronto, it would be great to reward the most loyal and dedicated Raptor ever.

I get that he's not perfect but no one ever said he was. He IS the perfect teammate and that has to mean a lot in a sport that has lost its way as a team game.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast