Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 121
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    GASOL.

    Bargnani has more value to the Lakers than anyone else IMO. I think if we trade him to anyone else we won't get much more than a bad contract in return. To everyone else he's just a big who can score but not enough to cover his flaws. To D'Antoni he's everything he's ever wanted in a power forward. True story.
    But how would Gasol help the Raptors? based on the comments in these threads...we need to blow it up and start from scratch...draft picks etc. I don't see how getting Gasol would help us...I totally see how it would help the Lakers.

    BUT....the Lakers reportedly have turned that deal down...

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't work for the Raptors, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Casey played a big reason as to why our offseason ended up this way. Colangelo definitely listened to Casey more. Casey was the guy that was impressed with Ross' game in college over Colangelo. With the need for a shooter and a defender, Ross was the fit. Of course BC would have needed to like Ross as well in order to draft him, but Casey was definitely the defining reason as to why our offseason went the way it did.

    Colangelo wanted to make the playoffs. He made his moves to make sure it works with what Casey could work with.
    What is your issue with Ross? seriously....

    Also...Casey is a defensive minded coach. his offensive sets last year were defensive based...why as a GM wouldn't you target 2 way players? Ross fits that bill in the scouting reports. you said that above....so what is the hate for Ross?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,138
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    What is your issue with Ross? seriously....

    Also...Casey is a defensive minded coach. his offensive sets last year were defensive based...why as a GM wouldn't you target 2 way players? Ross fits that bill in the scouting reports. you said that above....so what is the hate for Ross?
    I don't have an issue with Ross. I think he's going to be a good starter/bench player (I've said numerous times he'll end up being a Dorrell Wright type player). It's just for a fanbase that always *****es when we don't get the superstars they fantasize about when drafting, they don't want to let go of a player who'll never be that star player they wish for.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    11,334
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    I think that's what the trade was initially, but BC turned it down. Trading this years pick turned out to be a baaaad idea
    Your sig is from a show in Toronto. I was there. Just had to say that.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I don't have an issue with Ross. I think he's going to be a good starter/bench player (I've said numerous times he'll end up being a Dorrell Wright type player). It's just for a fanbase that always *****es when we don't get the superstars they fantasize about when drafting, they don't want to let go of a player who'll never be that star player they wish for.
    So why the hell do you want to trade him? seriously...on this team today...why the hell would you trade him...even if he only turns out to be a dorrell wright type player (which is a pretty friggin good player)? your posts are bizzarre to me.

    Reality - Val and ross are the 2 players on our team that will draw the best talent because of their potential. DD is a close 2nd, and Ed Davis is a very close 3rd. Lowry has sucked arse and will be lucky to be a backup on any team moving forward. He takes too many gambles, is injury prone and unless you have a team of superior athletes, allows so many break outs off turn overs, missed rebounds and long rebounds that his teams can do nothing but struggle defensively.

    I don't know...to me - nobody is safe from being traded at all...but to me, AB and Calderon are the least likely to be traded because they will not generate the return that ownership is looking for.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,593
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    But how would Gasol help the Raptors? based on the comments in these threads...we need to blow it up and start from scratch...draft picks etc. I don't see how getting Gasol would help us...I totally see how it would help the Lakers.

    BUT....the Lakers reportedly have turned that deal down...
    i don't feel like it needs to be completely blown up. and there are plenty of ways Gasol can help the Raptors. he's a far superior player, albeit a little run down at the moment.

    he has far more to offer Valanciunas as far as mentoring and help in the paint and on the glass than Andrea does so IMO he would improve the odds of Val developing like we hope he will.

    he's a good passer on a team with limited playmakers. he's a vet on a team that looks to John Lucas for leadership.

    and he's a frickin' huge expiring at the end of next year if you decide not to keep him.

    and if he rebounds to previous form you've just stolen a hall of famer for 2 pieces that needed a change of scenery anyways...
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-11-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    1500
    Fair points...

    If he doesn't rebound??

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37,138
    vCash
    1090
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    So why the hell do you want to trade him? seriously...on this team today...why the hell would you trade him...even if he only turns out to be a dorrell wright type player (which is a pretty friggin good player)? your posts are bizzarre to me.

    Reality - Val and ross are the 2 players on our team that will draw the best talent because of their potential. DD is a close 2nd, and Ed Davis is a very close 3rd. Lowry has sucked arse and will be lucky to be a backup on any team moving forward. He takes too many gambles, is injury prone and unless you have a team of superior athletes, allows so many break outs off turn overs, missed rebounds and long rebounds that his teams can do nothing but struggle defensively.

    I don't know...to me - nobody is safe from being traded at all...but to me, AB and Calderon are the least likely to be traded because they will not generate the return that ownership is looking for.
    Because he has one of the higher values when it comes to trading. He's a young rookie. And that alone gives him value. Team traded their better players for a combination of expiring and young talent. We can do that with Ross.

    For a fanbase that wants to get rid of guys like Bargnani and Derozan, they sure as hell are reluctant to trade young players who's potential wasn't even thought of to be that high compared to when Derozan and Bargnani were in the same position.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by tmath View Post
    i rock shaqs will enjoy that.
    lol.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,593
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    Fair points...

    If he doesn't rebound??
    you've given up 2 players who are badly in need of a change of scenery anyways and who are realistically bench players.

    Pau Gasol isn't going to make us NBA champs. but we need to move on from Bargnani and no one is going to give us anything great for him especially considering his current struggles. so you can accept a bit return or take a shot on a guy who was posting 17.4ppg, 10.4rpg, 3.7apg and 1.4bpg just last year who is being marginalized and devalued in his current situation.
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 12-11-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Here you go again stating everything like they are facts. How the **** would you know if Casey was the reason he turned down that trade? are you Dwayne Casey? do you work for the Raptors?
    I think he's just talking in third person... lol calm down getting all mad and stuff about nothing, and also im not a flaming homo who likes wieners all up in my face 24/7.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you've given up 2 players who are badly in need of a change of scenery anyways and who are realistically bench players.
    but are they? bench players for what team? only a handful are contenders...and there are 30 teams in the league. Are you saying that Calderon and Bargs, on any other teams, are bench players? If that is your point, I think you are severely undervaluing both players. If you are only speaking about contenders...then yes I agree with you .

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Halifax, NS
    Posts
    713
    vCash
    1500
    [QUOTE=Jamiecballer;24693354]you've given up 2 players who are badly in need of a change of scenery anyways and who are realistically bench players.

    Pau Gasol isn't going to make us NBA champs. but we need to move on from Bargnani and no one is going to give us anything great for him especially considering his current struggles. so you can accept a bit return or take a shot on a guy who was posting 17.4ppg, 10.4rpg, 3.7apg and 1.4bpg just last year who is being marginalized and devalued in his current situation.[/QUOTE]

    I don't disagree with you on this part...you must have edited! lol

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    2,358
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    What is your issue with Ross? seriously....

    Also...Casey is a defensive minded coach. his offensive sets last year were defensive based...why as a GM wouldn't you target 2 way players? Ross fits that bill in the scouting reports. you said that above....so what is the hate for Ross?
    Maybe that he is pretty much useless when he goes on the court except maybe 1 or 2 games....

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,593
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    but are they? bench players for what team? only a handful are contenders...and there are 30 teams in the league. Are you saying that Calderon and Bargs, on any other teams, are bench players? If that is your point, I think you are severely undervaluing both players. If you are only speaking about contenders...then yes I agree with you .
    People don't want to hear me talk any more about why i think it's impossible to win with Bargnani playing 34 mins a game any more so i won't.

    Calderon I like better, I think you can win with him but he's borderline - a great fill-in for a time but the longer he's in there the more teams will attack him.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •