Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Ross isn't worth ****. They should've trade Ross' pick for Lowry instead of next year's pick.
    I disagree with your analysis on Ross...I think he'll be a good player in the league, not an all-star and not an elite player, but I see him as a strong player in the league long term - ala DD etc. He's got a great work ethic, sweet stroke, fearless on the drive, good defense and great hops

vCash
    Ross isn't worth ****. They should've trade Ross' pick for Lowry instead of next year's pick.
    I think that's what the trade was initially, but BC turned it down. Trading this years pick turned out to be a baaaad idea

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you realize this isn't a new development right. to the best of my knowledge some writer was just referencing the request from months ago in his piece.
    no i didnt know that. doesnt even sound like calderon to demand a trade honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    of course you didn't
    lol i actually looked too.

vCash
    i would keep bargs and trade calderon.we just arent going to get anything worth trading him.

vCash
    No team is stupid enough to give up significant value for Bargs. He's playing the worst basketball of his career in terms of his offense, has an ugly contract, oh... and completely blows defensively. I can't possibly see a scenario where the Raps get some pieces back in a trade who they could build on. I don't give a **** though - dump his ***.

As for Calderon, this isn't any news. He's been wanting to be moved since the Lowry trade went down. All this is, is some writer recycling old news and trying to make something out of nothing, really. Besides, the chances of Calderon being moved now are very slim considering Lowry can't seem to stay healthy. If anything, he's traded at the trade deadline once the Raps are completely out of the picture. Although if Casey, BC, and the Raps are in fact committed to a playoff run this year, then it's best to hold on to him IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    I disagree with your analysis on Ross...I think he'll be a good player in the league, not an all-star and not an elite player, but I see him as a strong player in the league long term - ala DD etc. He's got a great work ethic, sweet stroke, fearless on the drive, good defense and great hops
    Well I was exaggerating. I think he can be a solid starter. I've said he was a Dorrell Wright type of role. But I don't understand why people want to keep him when his potential isn't better than what Derozan's potential is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

lol i actually looked too.
    We actually had a thread about how MLSE wanted to keep Bosh.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=476529

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    I think that's what the trade was initially, but BC turned it down. Trading this years pick turned out to be a baaaad idea
    Casey was a big reason BC turned down the trade. This season, he was probably listening to Casey a little too much and that's why we drafted Ross and traded Johnson.

vCash
    Casey was a big reason BC turned down the trade. This season, he was probably listening to Casey a little too much and that's why we drafted Ross and traded Johnson.
    Here you go again stating everything like they are facts. How the **** would you know if Casey was the reason he turned down that trade? are you Dwayne Casey? do you work for the Raptors?

vCash
    Absolutely. Although they didn't know it would have been Ross at that point.

vCash
    We actually had a thread about how MLSE wanted to keep Bosh.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=476529
    it's too bad that page is no longer viewable. i'm curious to know what it said exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SA5195 View Post
    Not if we get a top 3.

vCash
    back to the topic of the thread - What exactly do people believe Bargnani and Calderon will bring in? I'm curious to see...based on all the comments and thoughts about them both in other threads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapsfanforlife View Post
    back to the topic of the thread - What exactly do people believe Bargnani and Calderon will bring in? I'm curious to see...based on all the comments and thoughts about them both in other threads.
    GASOL.

Bargnani has more value to the Lakers than anyone else IMO. I think if we trade him to anyone else we won't get much more than a bad contract in return. To everyone else he's just a big who can score but not enough to cover his flaws. To D'Antoni he's everything he's ever wanted in a power forward. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    Here you go again stating everything like they are facts. How the **** would you know if Casey was the reason he turned down that trade? are you Dwayne Casey? do you work for the Raptors?
    I don't work for the Raptors, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Casey played a big reason as to why our offseason ended up this way. Colangelo definitely listened to Casey more. Casey was the guy that was impressed with Ross' game in college over Colangelo. With the need for a shooter and a defender, Ross was the fit. Of course BC would have needed to like Ross as well in order to draft him, but Casey was definitely the defining reason as to why our offseason went the way it did.

Colangelo wanted to make the playoffs. He made his moves to make sure it works with what Casey could work with.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast