Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Embry, Colangelo meet with ownership, trade talk on hold.

Not sure how this could have gone well lol

@KBergCBS

As Raptors struggle, Bryan Colangelo summoned his senior advisor, Wayne Embree, to Toronto this week to meet with ownership, sources say.

The meeting involving Embry and the board went well, according to a league source briefed on it. But 4-19 Raptors evaluating options.

Trade scenarios involving Andrea Bargnani and/or Jose Calderon are on hold with Bargnani and starting PG Kyle Lowry injured, source said.

Buzz in league circles had Embry summoned by ownership, meaning trouble for Colangelo. But Colangelo sought Embry's counsel, sources said.

vCash
    Sounds like a freeze on any Colangelo "rescue the season" moves.

The team isn't anywhere near where it needs to be for a big trade to solve its problems.

They need to figure out what the best long term plans are for the team and if that means tying BCs hands, that's what will have to happen.

It's not the season that needs to be salvaged -- that's a write off -- it's the franchise.

vCash
    The dumbest thing BC could have done was to hype this as a playoff contending team in the off-season. It wasn't true, many of us knew it, and now the **** is hitting the fan because expectations aren't close to being met.

And this is just a hunch but I sense that the Lowry acquisition was a MASSIVE personality error. I have a sense he is a problem in the dressing room if he's already being chewed out by teammates.

Again, the warning signs were there in Houston but as with TJ (injury) and JO (surgery) BC rolled the dice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    The dumbest thing BC could have done was to hype this as a playoff contending team in the off-season. It wasn't true, many of us knew it, and now the **** is hitting the fan because expectations aren't close to being met.

And this is just a hunch but I sense that the Lowry acquisition was a MASSIVE personality error. I have a sense he is a problem in the dressing room if he's already being chewed out by teammates.

Again, the warning signs were there in Houston but as with TJ (injury) and JO (surgery) BC rolled the dice.
    Honestly, Lowry is the only other Raptor I would keep besides Ross and Jonas. Demar is getting better but we really can't rely on him every night and now he's officially become too expensive to be contributing what he does.

I see Lowry as the kind of bullish personality this team has lacked for a long time.

It's time to start this thing over again with what we brought over this off-season and nothing else save for maybe Ed.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash

Embry, Colangelo meet with ownership, trade talk on hold.

The only reason it was hyped to be a playoff season was because of the draft pick that went to Houston. The playoff expectations were implied. I don't think BC ever said this a playoffs or bust season.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Lowry plays very aggressive out there, and im sure hes looking around going I have no weapons to pass to I might as well try to do everything on my own. I did hear him and Bargs were the ones chewed out by players in the meeting. Worst case scenario hes a great trade chip with that contract

vCash
    That is pretty interesting if we choose to totally blow it up since he's nearly a FA.

What could we get for Lowry with the way he's been playing?

I'd absolutely love to ship him to say Utah for Favors.

At this point, we need to see what we could get for him, Derozen, and Bargnani and then really look at what we have moving forward besides the two youngsters.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    I am pretty sure the moratorium on big moves is to prevent any big deals from happening for now initiated by Colangelo.

This meeting sounds like an intervention by the board.

vCash
    It's time the Raptors find out how to get a pick in this years lottery.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gwrighter View Post
    It's time the Raptors find out how to get a pick in this years lottery.
    Maybe Barg's and Lowry's injuries are already the way ...

vCash
    I see us drafting 1,2 or 3 this year.I think we have like 11 of 12 home games coming up, will be a big stretch to see where we are going in the lottery

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Il Mago50 View Post
    Honestly, Lowry is the only other Raptor I would keep besides Ross and Jonas. Demar is getting better but we really can't rely on him every night and now he's officially become too expensive to be contributing what he does.

I see Lowry as the kind of bullish personality this team has lacked for a long time.

It's time to start this thing over again with what we brought over this off-season and nothing else save for maybe Ed.
    Where has that been the past month

you can be on the fence about Demar but I think you have to keep Jonas, Ross and Davis.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spreadeagle View Post
    I see us drafting 1,2 or 3 this year.
    Well the problem with that is that Casey is the anti-tank commander. lol.

vCash
    Maybe Barg's and Lowry's injuries are already the way ...
    I'm thinking by trade, I want OKC to get the pick this year so that the Raps can full on tank next season and have a shot at Wiggins. Stern wouldn't pass up the chance to put Wiggins in Toronto IMO.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash

i agree i have no idea what management was thinking preaching playoffs. it was premature and alot of us called it from before the season even started.

i dont know how the coach and gm look at this team on paper and say "ya were gonna make it for sure this year" with out seeing their players actually play together. Also were they completly oblivious to how much better our division got?? let alone the rest of our conference.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast