Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How good of a team is this?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Realistic, Long and Short Term Contender

2 5.88%
  • Realistic, Long Term Contender

0 0%
  • Realistic, Short Term Contender

1 2.94%
  • Realistic, Not a Contender

0 0%
  • Not Realistic

31 91.18%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Gooner I missed your comments. Thanks for the ample discussion. Yankee trade felt light to me as well, though I do like all the players there. If I could do it over again the trades would be a little tighter.

The Szczur/DeJesus thing is part of the got 'ya game, which is fine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gooner View Post
    I don't really understand the animosity towards this. Who cares if it is busy, and if there are a lot of moves? The exercise Gato is trying to accomplish here is to build a competitive team without bankrupting the future.

If one can get past the DeJesus brothers, it isn't a bad blueprint for how to achieve that. There might be a few nits here and there, but on the whole, it isn't a bad starting point for discussion.
    You understand that "realistic" and "filled with good ideas" aren't the same thing right? I LOVE what he did. But that does not make it realistic.

And then. He made them pancakes.

3. 12-14-2012, 03:59 PM
    Reason
    baiting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogolas View Post
    You understand that "realistic" and "filled with good ideas" aren't the same thing right? I LOVE what he did. But that does not make it realistic.
    Not to mention Gato came up with all of these good ideas while overcoming his heartbreak of losing BJ Upton.

I applaud Gato's ideas.

vCash
    Neither of the offers for Greinke or Hamilton would've come particularly close to landing them, is the main problem.

vCash
    Well Hamilton's average salary is only off by 5 million and Greinke's contract is only off by a an extra year and 5 million. I wouldn't say they were far off so much as I was being entirely too optimistic there. I've thrown higher numbers for both out, but those are the ones that I ended up putting there for no particular reason.

Not that this needs anymore explaining anyway...should just go off into the land of the forgotten posts.

vCash
    Five million per is pretty significant. It's a quarter again as much.

vCash
    This for the video game or? Jk just ridiculous unrealistic. My mock would be letting our FO build a team and not go through the same bs we've dealt with since 2004.

Appreciate the effort by a good poster though. Just a bit impatient for my taste!
    Last edited by Rndy; 12-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123