Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The more I think about this the more angry I get. I don't get how a team can be so uncommitted to winning
    “It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.”

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

Alderson's style is to talk low key to keep expectations low. The off season is still young. I take him at his word that he will address the outfield (what outfield?) and catching. It is abundently clear that he is waiting for Dickey's situation to be resolved. He knows darn well that Dickey is worth the 2 years/$25 or $26 million (or very close to it) he is said to want. He's not dissing R.A. or devaluing him, he's just keeping his offer far enough away from Dickey's demand to buy time. I only hope that while he is buying time, other teams don't buy the players that could upgrade this team next year.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    You have not established the Wilpons ARE sucking money out of the team.
    I've established it over and over again, but since you have a weird compulsion to defend the indefensible, you keep repeating this nonsense. Your beloved Wilpons play a shell game with the Mets and SNY. SNY pays the Mets $70 million off the top for T.V. rights. After that SNY earnings before interest, taxes and depreciation - real cash flow - amount to $175 million a year. The Wilpons keep about 2/3rds of that, or another $120 million. Their 1/30th share of MLB's $1.5 billion T.V. contract would give them another $50 million.

In T.V. money alone they make $240 million a year. Net of stadium revenue is around $225 million:

http://www.forbes.com/teams/new-york-mets/

The total is $465 million.

They also keep borrowing against SNY and paying themselves giant dividends.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozan...s-fans-suffer/

Their only big expense is player payroll and it stands at $70 million right now.

This establishes they're sucking money out of the team!

I'm just going to cut and paste this response the next time you defend these monsters with more of your nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Alderson's style is to talk low key to keep expectations low. The off season is still young. I take him at his word that he will address the outfield (what outfield?) and catching. It is abundently clear that he is waiting for Dickey's situation to be resolved. He knows darn well that Dickey is worth the 2 years/$25 or $26 million (or very close to it) he is said to want. He's not dissing R.A. or devaluing him, he's just keeping his offer far enough away from Dickey's demand to buy time. I only hope that while he is buying time, other teams don't buy the players that could upgrade this team next year.
    Alderson has done a fine job of delivering on the low expectations he creates.

But I don't understand. How exactly does Dickey's "situation" (the Mets refuse to give him an extension) relate to the failure to acquire a single outfielder?

Ok i agree with alot that has been writen in this forum but lvlheaded you saying ******* the mets get a grip all us fans are suffering. Sandy has to do what the Wilpons say. What I wish would happen is Mr. Commissioner Old Buddy boy would step in and do something about the Wilpon's oh wait he's freddy boy's friend, no relief coming from there. As for what needs to be done lets be real the Mets are a fourth place team in this division, for the mets to change that it is called Hamilton, Bourn and lets say Rafael Soriano Oh yeah lets add Nick swisher to the list and does that make us better yes it does. Will those signings make us better then a fourth place team and will it raise payroll and hand cuff the Mets for years to come possibly., but we will be older and just geting older. We should of made a play for Span, Revere and make and offer before he gets traded like the reports say Choo going to Cubbies. Hey maybe there shooting for #1 pick in the 2014 draft. We need to trade for talent and the stock pile of quaility pitching we have I say trade some for top 20 prospects I feel we could reload the farm with position players and then even work deals then for the thing we need

Reds just got Choo and did not give up much.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Alderson has done a fine job of delivering on the low expectations he creates.

But I don't understand. How exactly does Dickey's "situation" (the Mets refuse to give him an extension) relate to the failure to acquire a single outfielder?
    I get your frustration. I'd love some action too. But I'm sure Alderson feels he needs to see who he gets in a Dickey trade before making a FA move. If he were to get Olt and Martin from Texas, he'd probably want to have space to play both (or at least Martin, with Olt coming in 2014) in the outfield this season. If he gets JPA (or D'Arnaud, which I don't think is happening) from the Jays, he doesn't need to sign/trade for a catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Reds just got Choo and did not give up much.
    It was a 3-team deal with Bauer included. Who we have that is similar to Stubbs and Greorious?

I get your frustration. I'd love some action too. But I'm sure Alderson feels he needs to see who he gets in a Dickey trade before making a FA move. If he were to get Olt and Martin from Texas, he'd probably want to have space to play both (or at least Martin, with Olt coming in 2014) in the outfield this season. If he gets JPA (or D'Arnaud, which I don't think is happening) from the Jays, he doesn't need to sign/trade for a catcher.
    Maybe, but they need THREE starting outfielders. Unless they're planning on getting all of them for Dickey, there's no excuse for what we're seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    It was a 3-team deal with Bauer included. Who we have that is similar to Stubbs and Greorious?
    AZ did horrible in that deal, the Mets do not have to have anybody similar to what the Indians got in that deal, am sure the Indians have guys the Mets might have wanted.

Point is this organization keeps just waiting to do something and waiting and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    AZ did horrible in that deal, the Mets do not have to have anybody similar to what the Indians got in that deal, am sure the Indians have guys the Mets might have wanted.

Point is this organization keeps just waiting to do something and waiting and waiting.
    The real disaster here is that we didn't acquire Bauer. We could have easily matched that package.

Yeah, AZ did just horrible in that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    The real disaster here is that we didn't acquire Bauer. We could have easily matched that package.
    From which team? 3-team deals are complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Coupon View Post
    Maybe, but they need THREE starting outfielders. Unless they're planning on getting all of them for Dickey, there's no excuse for what we're seeing.
    That's not the way the FO sees it, and most analysts agree. They seem prepared to go with either Duda or Nieuwenhuis in one of the outfield spots, so they only need to fill TWO.

IMO, they should sign immediately Hairston under any circumstances, and either platoon him with one of the lefties or let him be a bench player. That way, later in the off season, if they are unable to obtain the two new outfielders that they need, they could make him a regular.

East Flatbush to Canarsie to Roselle park
    That's not the way the FO sees it, and most analysts agree. They seem prepared to go with either Duda or Nieuwenhuis in one of the outfield spots, so they only need to fill TWO.

IMO, they should sign immediately Hairston under any circumstances, and either platoon him with one of the lefties or let him be a bench player. That way, later in the off season, if they are unable to obtain the two new outfielders that they need, they could make him a regular.
    Sounds like you are putting last years team back together, that juggernaut of a lineup

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast