Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    I understand exactly what everyone is saying here and I totally agree with all the sentiments.

That said what are you going to do about it to make your feelings known ?

Probably nothing as usual. If you are so disgusted about the way the Wilpons are treating this franchise then do something.

Do not go to any Mets game and tell your friend not to. Do not subscibe to any Met ticket plans, do not buy any Met items and do not watch SNY and if you do then boycott any products of the advertisers on SNY.

Will you do any of the above...very doubtful ? Do you really believe that the Wilpons give a rat's a-- about what we post on this board? If you do then there is a bridge for sale that you might be interested in buying.
    Last edited by NY Sports Fan; 12-12-2012 at 06:21 AM.

vCash
    I'm going to use this article to reply to the next email the Mets send me asking me to buy tickets.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

vCash
    I can hear Sandy already "Well we don't think it's wise to invest in players over 30 years old."

Change the record

@Wheelerpro45: “@Tmac23SC: What are the chanxes the NYM are signing or even interested in Brian Wilson. We need a closer” haha
    Via Zack Wheeler's twitter. Even our own players are laughing at us!
    Last edited by lvlheaded; 12-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.
    It's still a game and you'd rather win it than lose it.

There is An Angel in CitiField- LETS GO METS!

Proud to be PSD's "The Kid"

New York Giants-2012 World Champions

SuperMann #10, Superman wears Eli Pajamas

vCash
    Awesome thole,torres,duda, and niewenheis will all be back, where do I sign up to buy tickets, I am so glad I didn't become a yankees fan like all my friends and family.

vCash
    God damn, this is the most pitiful **** I've ever seen. At least they came out and said it. WTF, I mean what did we drop Bay for if we have nothing to replace him with? SERIOUSLY. Who is our 3rd outfielder? Kirk, Duda, and who? And do we still have Shoppach? So now we're down to Nickeas and Thole again? Seriously this is totally unacceptable. You run a god damn baseball team, DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOURSELVES MONEY. You gotta spend money to make money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lvlheaded View Post
    I can hear Sandy already "Well we don't think it's wise to invest in players over 30 years old."

Change the record

Via Zack Wheeler's twitter. Even our own players are laughing at us!
    Not sure which is worse in this situation - the Mets FO or Wheeler taking a shot at his own teammate in Francisco.

Well, I guess it's the FO. That's obvious.

But I don't like Wheeler doing that anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dunbummin View Post
    Alderson's style is to talk low key to keep expectations low. The off season is still young. I take him at his word that he will address the outfield (what outfield?) and catching. It is abundently clear that he is waiting for Dickey's situation to be resolved. He knows darn well that Dickey is worth the 2 years/$25 or $26 million (or very close to it) he is said to want. He's not dissing R.A. or devaluing him, he's just keeping his offer far enough away from Dickey's demand to buy time. I only hope that while he is buying time, other teams don't buy the players that could upgrade this team next year.
    Thats what we thought last year remember? When the plan was to see how things went with Reyes and then improve from there. Look how smoothly that wen't. He said their were going to be major changes, so far that has not happened at all. I wasn't expecting us to get Upton, or Bourne, or Grinke, but I was expecting us to at least TRY to upgrade something. There have been legitimately good upgrades available via free agency, and for a good price. We just let them pass by. Do you know how I know someone is going to get signed? Its simple, There is a report the Mets have an interest in him, usually a day or two later a team willing to spend more then 104 dollars for an unlimited New York City Metro Card, signs said player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    God damn, this is the most pitiful **** I've ever seen. At least they came out and said it. WTF, I mean what did we drop Bay for if we have nothing to replace him with? SERIOUSLY. Who is our 3rd outfielder? Kirk, Duda, and who? And do we still have Shoppach? So now we're down to Nickeas and Thole again? Seriously this is totally unacceptable. You run a god damn baseball team, DO SOMETHING TO MAKE YOURSELVES MONEY. You gotta spend money to make money.
    Even average Joes like us can grasp that concept, something these fools are choosing to ignore. I guess they think because they showed David "The Quan" that he will be able to play both third and left at the same time and do some spot catching during double headers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Not sure which is worse in this situation - the Mets FO or Wheeler taking a shot at his own teammate in Francisco.

Well, I guess it's the FO. That's obvious.

But I don't like Wheeler doing that anyway.
    By the time Wheelers playing Francisco wont/shouldn't be so he might as well. There is zero chance he lasts all season as a closer

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLB2K10King View Post
    Thats what we thought last year remember? When the plan was to see how things went with Reyes and then improve from there. Look how smoothly that wen't. He said their were going to be major changes, so far that has not happened at all. I wasn't expecting us to get Upton, or Bourne, or Grinke, but I was expecting us to at least TRY to upgrade something. There have been legitimately good upgrades available via free agency, and for a good price. We just let them pass by. Do you know how I know someone is going to get signed? Its simple, There is a report the Mets have an interest in him, usually a day or two later a team willing to spend more then 104 dollars for an unlimited New York City Metro Card, signs said player.
    Really ridiculous. Even if we just went out there and got ourselves Revere or someone like that and called it a day, I would say OK, getting ourselves set up for 2014... but nothing at all? Come on.

And Scott Hairston should ALREADY be back on board, if only to give us flexibility in our outfield options.. but no.. even he's too rich for our "expanded" budget? WTF.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    Beltran, Reyes, K Rod, Castillo, etc. have all been taken off the books.

Bay has had money deferred, as has Wright for his contract.

Yet you can't sign a Nick Swisher or a Ryan Ludwick or whatever with that cash? Come on, son.

Hard to predict? I'll bet my savings on the "we may not spend it" option.
    When will we come to the realization that the Wilpons have no interest in investing in the Mets as a Big Market team anymore? The goal is not to win. The goal is to do whatever it takes to ensure their fiscally strong enough to pay all their bills so they can keep on owning the team.

All that money that came off the books? Back in the Wilpons' pockets or to pay some bills.

That said....

Ive got to admit the free agent class this year has been less than stellar. In past years, aided by the Madoff 18 percent, they often plunged into weak FA classes and spent a ton of money on mediocre players. The results were never pretty.

If they're going to lose, I'd rather see them lose with an inexpensive team. The issue is whether they'll spend when it becomes more advantageous to do so. I don't often agree with RDG's posts, but he makes a case by pointing out that with this pitching staff, it would make sense now to spend some bucks and assemble an outfield.

I guess that makes me wonder what they're waiting for, especially having committed all this money to David Wright. Maybe I need to come to the realization that the Wilpons just have no interest in investing in the Mets as a Big Market team. Let the march of the Affordable Place Holders continue.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 12-13-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    "Gods always behave like the people who make them."

vCash
    There were plenty of cheap, easy moves that could have given this club an outside shot at that second wild card shot if everything broke right. Sadly Sandy is perfectly content with doing nothing. Moves need to be made. Anyone buying the 2014 plan is going to be sadly mistaken. A good, consistent winner is not built in one offseason. A culture of winning needs to be established. Only culture the Mets are establishing is how to finish in fourth place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Piazza View Post
    But I have to say that my time with the Mets wouldn't have been the same without the greatest fans in the world. One of the hardest moments of my career, was walking off the field at Shea Stadium and saying goodbye. My relationship with you made my time in New York the happiest of my career and for that, I will always be grateful.

vCash
    Now with Hamilton with the angels Trumbo will be offerd for Dickey you can bank on that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthangelkai View Post
    Now with Hamilton with the angels Trumbo will be offerd for Dickey you can bank on that
    Word is that they're not willing to move Trumbo, but that is a deal you probably have to do if you're the Mets (not sure Trumbo's contract situation, but if it's at least, say, 3 years left then yes).

vCash
    Trumbo only has 1 and 1/2 years or so of MLB service time so its like 3 to 4 yrs something like that

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast