Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Ronde Barber Leading in Pro Bowl Voting

TAMPA -- The oldest member of the worst secondary in the league may be headed to the Pro Bowl.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Ronde Barber, who only made the move form cornerback to safety at the start of this season, remains the leading NFC vote- getter at free safety for the Pro Bowl.

Barber, in his 16th season, is part of the Bucs 32nd-ranked pass defense, which will take on quarterback Peyton Manning and the Denver Broncos at Sports Authority Field on Sunday.

That game could be a preview of a Pro Bowl matchup as Manning leads all vote-getters in all categories with 586,523 votes. He is more than 50,000 votes ahead of second-place vote-getter Tom Brady of the New England Patriots.
    You can vote for Ronde and other Buccaneers here.

Who else do you think has a chance of getting into the Pro Bowl? Doug Martin perhaps?

We Want Winston!

vCash
    Yea I like Doug chances as well....
    "In dieing need of a rebound season, 2o14 Leggo"

vCash
    Doug has a chance...Lynch, Gore, Forte, McCoy all have a shot so I guess we will see
    I think Vincent should be but we will have to see cuz theres a ton of good recievers
    Gerald McCoy should be starting plain and simple. Dude is beasting
    Lavonte David is playing at a pro bowl level, if hes not I really dont know what pro bowl level is

Donald Penn has anchored the line even through injuries and theres not many tackles better than him in the NFC and Lorig is the best FB in the conference IMO

We Want Winston

vCash
    Doug is currently 4th among NFC RBs...everybody keep voting

I really dont understand how Gerald McCoy, Lavonte David and Dekoda Watson are not in their respective top 5s

We Want Winston

vCash
    Meh, we will get snubbed yet again with 10+ sorry @$$ cowboys getting in. Ive voted 5-6 times and it will all be for not.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION

vCash
    Doug mart should be atleast the number 2 rb for the nfc. I really dont wanna see the cowboys play the ravens in the pro bowl
    Thank you Glazer's for the free tickets!!!

vCash
    With all of the asinine negativity festering in here due to some old rotten "fans", I thought I would resurrect this thread with an update although most of you might have already heard.

TAMPA --
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers safety Ronde Barber is a third of the way to earning his sixth Pro Bowl berth.

Barber, who moved from cornerback to safety in this, his 16th NFL season, has won the fan voting portion of the NFC Pro Bowl balloting at his new position, the Bucs announced. He finished with 121,031 votes.

Barber has been leading the balloting at free safety for weeks, but to make it all the way back to Hawaii he will also have to win the vote of NFL players and coaches.

Those ballots will be cast today, with the announcement of the winners coming Wednesday during an NFL Network special.

Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos leads all vote-getters (993,045), followed by Tom Brady of the New England Patriots (908,099), Houston Texans running back Arian Foster (829,591) and Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson (828,225).

The Pro Bowl will be played Jan. 27 at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu.

Congrats to Barber on winning the hearts of fans, now lets hope the players and coaches agree he earned a spot in Hawaii.
    I am a member of the BUC NATION