Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who scores more in this one?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • O.J. Mayo, he keeps it rolling

8 100.00%
  • Jason Terry, goes off against us

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueJayFanDan View Post
    Pretty disappointing loss. Sucks losing in 2nd OT. Also, really no one to blame in general. 27 turnovers vs their 13 turnovers really wont win you games. Marion may have ****ed up, but I wouldn't blame him. He had a great game.
    On the turnovers thing, I gained a lot of respect for Mayo tonight. He turned the ball over 8 times, which is really bad. But when interviewed, he brought up the number of turnovers and took the blame. That's great. I love seeing that. I hate that he had 8 turnovers, but I think it says a lot when he realizes and knows it right away and stresses that they have to be better. I think it will motivate him to make smarter choices the next time.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Wait for it..... WAIT FOR IT...... Blame RICK!!!!!

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    I like how both ThuglifeJ and Asmarks (on facebook) both call out Marion. It's amazing how people only care about the last minute(s) of a game. As if the first minute is somehow unimportant. Maybe if other players had played like Marion for the length of the game, his turnover would have never happened because he wouldn't be playing in a second OT. Every player makes bad plays, acting like the guy who almost got a triple double was any sort of notable reason you lost is just awful. He put up 16, 11 and 7. But yeah, totally, it's his fault we lost.
    what the heck are you talking about? I Never said it was Marions fault we lost and i never called him out saying he had a bad game at all but obviously anyone's going to call out a completely stupid pass like that.

Marion was great but that play was so dumb in the middle of an important stretch you cant deny that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ThuglifeJ View Post
    what the heck are you talking about? I Never said it was Marions fault we lost and i never called him out saying he had a bad game at all but obviously anyone's going to call out a completely stupid pass like that.

Marion was great but that play was so dumb in the middle of an important stretch you cant deny that
    And you can't deny that if his teammates would have played more like him, he would have never had the chance to make that pass. Look at the thread...you only mention two players, both in a negative light, Marion and Collison. Only, Marion put up, arguably, the best stat line on the entire team. There's so many other players you could have brought up, but you brought up Marion, that's essentially putting the blame on him (and DC) when you only mention him and Collison and both in unfavorable terms.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    you love What ifs. If the rest of the team played like Marion? dam are you serious tahtd be the most disturbing offense ever.

and was I summarizing the game? Was I posting about Marions performance of the game? no I was pointing out the two Not Top Ten material plays both during critical moments. I never even said anything but how stupid were those 2 plays? because they were stupid. It doesnt matter how well you play, those were stupid plays to the point where another fanbase would laugh at them which is why they get brought up. They were shocking

vCash
    Didn't know RomoWitten went to the game until I just saw now, what section were you in??

vCash
    That looked like an awesome game to attend even with the loss

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    you love What ifs. If the rest of the team played like Marion? dam are you serious tahtd be the most disturbing offense ever.
    Yeah, I know, most disturbing offense ever. 10 times in the last 12 seasons he's shot 48% or better (48.8% this season). He has the best post game on the team, the best floater on the team, most rebounds per game (several on offense, which is why I bring them up).

In seasons he's taken at least 100 3 pointers, he's shot 34.7% career from the 3 (35.7% this season). He's 6th on the team in assists per 36 minutes, the highest amongst non-guards. No, you're right, I'd hate to see an offense ran around someone like that.

Now that I'm done with that particular comment. Clearly I didn't mean every single person play exactly like Marion. I meant hustle and work and defend. He created shots for his teammates, rebounded, and made his baskets.

and was I summarizing the game? Was I posting about Marions performance of the game? no I was pointing out the two Not Top Ten material plays both during critical moments. I never even said anything but how stupid were those 2 plays? because they were stupid. It doesnt matter how well you play, those were stupid plays to the point where another fanbase would laugh at them which is why they get brought up. They were shocking
    Once again, it's just how it comes off. I'm sorry that you don't like me replying to something you said on a forum (you know, a place for discussion), but clearly to some people it's implying you emphasizing blame on the players you speak negatively of. Maybe it's not what you meant, but at the same time, it's certainly what I saw.

One play doesn't cost you a game, EVER. It's an absurd notion to act like any one play means any more than another. One turnover doesn't mean more than the game as a whole. Especially when you call out one particular turnover (halfway through the first no less).

Why not talk about Mayo's 8 turnovers, which he took the blame for? Mayo's 8 were far more damaging than Marion's two. Or Marion's 4 points in the first overtime? It just seems like you're calling out Marion for one pass when there's much bigger things to discuss from the game.

Hopefully you see where I'm coming from. I'm not calling you out or whatever it seems like you think. Your posts feel like (though it may not be, just how I read them) you feel offended that I'd quoted your post. I'm just pointing out. Why are Mavs fans calling out Marion's negatives in a game like this? Marion was a huge reason we were in this game.

Basically every single other Mav was less valuable in this game than Marion. I have no problem people calling out Marion if he sucked. But this was a game where Marion was a huge part of our chance to win. So many other things should be being talked about before the negative comments here and the facebook post I mentioned about Marion.

Last, how is a pass at 6:54 left to play in the 1st quarter a "critical moment" in the game? I think that fictional fan base you speak of would laugh at the idea that Marion's bad pass in the first quarter was a critical moment. Because he only had two turnovers the entire game and the other was a foul at 4:31 to play in the 2nd.
    Dr. Seuss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12