Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Chilling Details - Josh Brent

Here's an article from PFT where most commenting are pointing a finger towards the witness on the scene for not dragging a 250 pound man out of a burning wrecked car. I'm not making this up. Most believe this and are hammering her since her comments were a little mean:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...o-jerry-brown/

Chilling eyewitness account says Josh Brent initially reluctant to tend to Jerry Brown

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on December 11, 2012, 1:55 AM EST

AP
    More details continue to emerge from the incident early Saturday morning that ended the life of Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jerry Brown and landed defensive tackle Josh Brent in jail charged with intoxication manslaughter.

The Dallas Morning News interviewed Stacee McWilliams, an eyewitness to the crash scene. In a four-minute video interview, McWilliams described driving up on the scene of the accident shortly after the incident took place. She described the situation saying Brent had already exited the mangled vehicle and was walking around while Brown remained in the vehicle. Another person had stopped at the scene and already dialed 911.

McWilliams arrived seeing Brent in the street and didn’t realize there was another passenger still in the car. McWilliams then described hearing Brown call out from the vehicle for help with Brent allegedly unwilling to tend to his friend and teammate.

“Josh looked at me and he said ‘(Brown) won’t get out of the car,’” McWilliams said. “And I said ‘well you can’t just leave him in there and let him die, you’ve got to help him. Go get him.’ I commanded him several times and Josh looked at me again and he said ‘he won’t get out of the car’ and I told him ‘you can’t stand here and watch him die. You’ve got to get him out.’ He still didn’t move so I thought he wasn’t going to help at all.”

McWilliams said as she returned to her car to retrieve her cell phone, Brent finally did tend to Brown and pulled him from the burning wreckage.

“I want people to understand that Josh Brent is not a hero,” McWilliams said. “I keep hearing reports of how he was there to pull his friend from the fire but he had to be coerced and pushed and begged and pleaded to get his friend out of the fire and when he pulled him out, he just left him in the street. He didn’t tell him ‘hang in there, help is on the way.’ Nothing. He just left him there and I want the magnitude of that to be understood.”

vCash
    i was just listening to this on the radio earlier i hope he didn't do what she claims
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash
    1. he was probally in shock
    2. he was drunk has hell to.

still, no excuse.

vCash
    i would probally cut brent.

----------

side note..

why didnt the eyewitness jump to action and help the guy?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    i would probally cut brent.

----------

side note..

why didnt the eyewitness jump to action and help the guy?
    you would cut everybody.... Does this make him a thug too? Is Dez still on your thug cut list?
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

vCash

Chilling Details - Josh Brent

My take is he was drunk and was also in some form of shock. The lady didn't do anything either to help. Did she help pull him out of car? Brent showed poor judgement getting behind the wheel and that's where the line is drawn. I don't think his hesitation was due to poor judgement. He should be released since he is done for the season any how and we can find another trench player in his place. I feel bad for how things ended up for him but this team has to move on from him and find another player who can on this already depleted line.

vCash
    why was this "witness" out at 2:30am? was she just passing by and saw the wreck..was she homeless??...the report didnt say this was in a neighborhood (from what I read) so I'm curious about this "witness"
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    you would cut everybody.... Does this make him a thug too? Is Dez still on your thug cut list?
    i wouldnt cut scandrick.

also, i NEVER, EVER said cut dez. i said i was extremely dissappointed in him, even ranted on him. in the same post, i went on to say

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE would i trade or cut dez bryant. go look.

i said he deserved more time, and that he was young, talented, but immature. he deserved more time.

i, was right.

thank you, and your welcome.

vCash
    Hindsight is always 20/20

vCash
    I don't mean to sound sexist or anything, but with the amount of times women have been in the news about something serious associated with male athletes, and have been found to have been lying about it, I find it hard to believe any new things I hear from them. I'm not saying that this couldn't have happened, but I find it very unlikely. And if it did happen the way she described, and she didn't do anything about it aside from telling Brent to get him, then she deserves some blame as well.

titties

vCash
    I honestly believe that he won't be a Cowboy next year. I liked him as a player but whether the report is true or not, he still drove drunk and ultimately someone died. Idk how Jerry could keep him on the team. He is not star player so I don't see him get special treatment like others have received in the past (all teams and sports not Dallas).

"God knows that I'm not a saint, but I am a Dallas Cowboy." -Rayfield Wright

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MCSJR2 View Post
    why was this "witness" out at 2:30am? was she just passing by and saw the wreck..was she homeless??...the report didnt say this was in a neighborhood (from what I read) so I'm curious about this "witness"
    the real question is why did she not help...?

Brent was in obvious shock from wreck. This witness has no room to talk and belittle Brent I am sure he was in a daze.

vCash
    C'mon brent i hope this is not true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodFatherRo View Post
    I honestly believe that he won't be a Cowboy next year. I liked him as a player but whether the report is true or not, he still drove drunk and ultimately someone died. Idk how Jerry could keep him on the team. He is not star player so I don't see him get special treatment like others have received in the past (all teams and sports not Dallas).
    No ****, he'll be in prison next year.

vCash
    Well, she did try to help. Obviously, Brent is the big guy with the muscles capable of heping. If the report is true, then her trying to persuade him is her helping. I hope that story isn't true....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast