Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    I wouldnt say we have the absolute worst supporting cast in the league because that isn't true even some of the teams you mentioned, Rams & Dolphins are worse off than we are. . We are definitely in the bottom tier but not the worst. I swear u used to have a Holmes photo now you prefer amendola or hartline over Santonio.
    Lol I did. My username is because of him. But I can't stand the dude now. I wish I could change it. I was blinded by those clutch plays he made in his first season with us. He's a good receiver but he's not a new true number #1. He hasn't done **** since Braylon left and we had a stellar rushing attack. He gets paid way too much for what he brings to the table.

While I agree that overall that the Rams supporting cast is just as bad as ours Amendola if you have ever seen him healthy is a better player than anything we have. Kid is super quick and can make make plays for his QB.

Hartline is not better than Holmes but he's better than every other receiver we have. And Bush is better than any RB we have. So I would say overall their supporting cast is better.

Not that that is an excuse for Sanchez because I'm done with that. He stinks He's been horrible. But the Jets aren't giving him a chance with the roster they have.

Like a said so many teams have multiple weapons that are far better than anything we have. How do you draft a QB 5th and in 4 years you allow your offensive core to get worse and worse? Who does that?
    Last edited by NYflightboy; 12-13-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    Lol I did. My username is because of him. But I can't stand the dude now. I wish I could change it. I was blinded by those clutch plays he made in his first season with us. He's a good receiver but he's not a new true number #1. He hasn't done **** since Braylon left and we had a stellar rushing attack. He gets paid way too much for what he brings to the table.

While I agree that overall that the Rams supporting cast is just as bad as ours Amendola if you have ever seen him healthy is a better player than anything we have. Kid is super quick and can make make plays for his QB.

Hartline is not better than Holmes but he's better than every other receiver we have. And Bush is better than any RB we have. So I would say overall their supporting cast is better.

Not that that is an excuse for Sanchez because I'm done with that. He stinks He's been horrible. But the Jets aren't giving him a chance with the roster they have.
    Holmes is vertically challenged compared so some WR's and D-Backs. At 5'11, he can't go up and get balls in coverage or on the sideline like a guy who's 6'3+.

Without Braylon or another tall receiver, teams could double up on Holmes and keep him from being as effective as he normally is. Having Plax only helped with this in the red zone because he couldn't get down the field, so it's not the same.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Holmes is vertically challenged compared so some WR's and D-Backs. At 5'11, he can't go up and get balls in coverage or on the sideline like a guy who's 6'3+.

Without Braylon or another tall receiver, teams could double up on Holmes and keep him from being as effective as he normally is. Having Plax only helped with this in the red zone because he couldn't get down the field, so it's not the same.
    I know. That's exactly why he's not a true #1 IMO. He's a great complementary piece. Not a #1 who should make that amount of money. Guys like Megatron, Larry Fitz, Nicks, Jones, those big tall guys are who be your ideal #1. They can be double or tripled team a lot of times and they will still find a way to make a play.

Just another example of how the FO has failed. In 4 years they didn't even try to acquire a weapon like that for the long-term to grow with Sanchez. I'm still holding out hope that Hill becomes that guy though.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    I know. That's exactly why he's not a true #1 IMO. He's a great complementary piece. Not a #1 who should make that amount of money. Guys like Megatron, Larry Fitz, Nicks, Jones, those big tall guys are who be your ideal #1. They can be double or tripled team a lot of times and they will still find a way to make a play.

Just another example of how the FO has failed. In 4 years they didn't even try to acquire a weapon like that for the long-term to grow with Sanchez. I'm still holding out hope that Hill becomes that guy though.
    The fact that it took them 4 years to draft a tall, true wideout is a disgrace because most of those guys take at least a year or two to become true weapons. There are teams who draft 1 a year.

It's like I've said before. The Jets tend to let guys go without a plan to move on from them.

The fact that 2 years after letting Braylon go (for very good reasons), they had to go back to him after he called them idiots proves that he wa right about them.

If they were smarter about it, they could have had a response like, "yeah but at least we have a job." Instead they're forced to sign him then have Rex joke that he and Tanny didn't take it personally because each of them thought Braylon was referring to the other one.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    They always make the wrong move. Damn thee to hell, Jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post

Never understood this argument. If Plax is effective in the Red Zone, he could be anywhere on the field...

The argument is he "is not fast enough"...but his speed from the 20 to the endzone is the same as from the 50 to the 30, so why couldnt we use him for 20 yard passing plays anywhere on the field...

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Realistik84 View Post
    Never understood this argument. If Plax is effective in the Red Zone, he could be anywhere on the field...

The argument is he "is not fast enough"...but his speed from the 20 to the endzone is the same as from the 50 to the 30, so why couldnt we use him for 20 yard passing plays anywhere on the field...
    In the endzone, it's not about speed. It's about being able to throw to the back of the endzone high enough where only Plax can catch it. If you miss, it's an incomplete pass. If you miss on that pass over the middle, it's usually picked off.

On sideline plays, Plax can't get down the field fast enough, so you almost have to underthrow to put it in his hands, and he's not quick enough anymore to adjust and come back for the ball.

I'm not claiming that Plax was never a top level receiver. It's just that Plax last year was a shell of his former self, and he was behind a lot of the divide in the locker room too.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    I'm sold CJ is exactly who we need, we can sacrifice a name here or there to make the money work. If he's available he should be our number one target. He would have 1300 yards for us as much as we like to run. We wouldn't play around knowing Rex he'd get 30 touches a night.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345