Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    1- Trade Santonio Holmes to the Vikings for a 2014 conditional 5th round pick.

Why? There will be some dead money but we would shave 8.75M of the original cap value for the 2013 season. Vikings need playmakers for Ponder. Peterson and Harvin need help. They take a gamble with a future mid round pick. The guy is a dick and cancerous to a team.

2- Trade Tim Tebow to the Jaguars for a 6th round pick. It's a decent gamble just for off-the field football alone. Jags need fans to come to home games and who better than a hometown hero? Tebow doesn't fit on this team at all as we have seen this year. Gives up a couple of million more in cap space to work with.

3- Franchise and trade Dustin Keller to the St. Louis Rams for a 3rd and 5th round picks. They need weapons around Bradford. There is some familiarity with Schotty there. The TE draft class this season is pretty weak. We need to rebuild this team. We need draft picks and we need to him on them. Hitting on mid to late round picks is how you build good team depth. Keller is a good but not great TE. He's replaceable.
    Good post.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Don't let GreenLantern hear you say that!! Like I have said before, when you look at the Jets right now and the NFL in general, how many other teams besides the Jets say that their top offensive player is a Center? That should not happen!

And also, when you look around the league, look at how many other teams 2nd and even 3rd stringers would be STARTERS on the NY Jets. People laughed at how Seattle put up 58 on Arizona and we put up 7; well, I could look at a lot of their offensive "reserves" and they would be immediate starters on the NY Jets. I'll guarantee you if Braylon Edwards was fully healthy, he would be starting Monday Night at Tennessee.
    GreenLantern is all bark, and no bite. That's right, I went there.

The only way a team's best player should be the center is if that center is The Hulk.

People make a big deal out of those 58 points, but when your defense takes the ball away 8 times in a game, you have plenty of scoring opportunities.

You don't hear any of those bashers ripping on the Jets D for only taking the ball away once against a butterfingered offense.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    CCUGrad (I mean Cimini), don't you ever get tired of distorting the truth to slam the team? It's disgusting. Not even fair.
    It's hilarious. You get called out on it every time.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    CCUGrad (I mean Cimini), don't you ever get tired of distorting the truth to slam the team? It's disgusting. Not even fair.
    LOL and we are the ones who attack him?

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
    Good post.
    I can't agree. Minnesota just signed (and are happy with) Jerome Simpson and spent cash on their slot guy, Michael Jenkins. Once they extend Harvin, they won't have money to pour into another starter. Where's the need? I don't see the VIkings as a viable option. And seriously, who's going to take on an expensive cancer coming off lisfranc surgery? I don't see this as realistic. Is this deal contingent on Braylon suddenly taking the #1 wideout spot? I should hope not. That's far from a given. He couldn't hold the #4 WR spot in Seattle. And who fills in for Holmes then? Just making trades isn't enough. You've got to field a team.

As for the Keller trade, be careful as you will have to fill your #1 TE position and use a pick on that where other needs are glaring. And this isn't a great crop of TE's' in the draft. Unless you have a free agent in mind. Again, simply making trades isn't enough. Who's going to fill in at #1 TE, Cumberland? If he's not released of course.

A lot of willy-nilly wheeling and dealing going on which is not quite going to happen IMO. This team, even if they were "blowed up", wouldn't be too radical in change as there are guaranteed contracts in place. You can't just take a ton of dead money hits because you're tired of the direction. Just offering a little constructive criticism.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    It's hilarious. You get called out on it every time.
    Come on John X Doe, are you really going to sit there and say that everything is happy go lucky with the Jets? How is that 12-4 prediction worked out for you so far this year? The only "hilarious" one in these Jets forums is YOU!!!

And show me where I slammed the team? Did you see what the o-line coach said about Ducasse? I was 2 years ahead of the curve on that one!!!

And what did I say that was so bad about our starters; I believe it to be true. You could look at a lot of other teams "reserves" and they would have starting roles on the NY Jets. Our offense, whether we want to admit it or not, is offensive right now.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Come on John X Doe, are you really going to sit there and say that everything is happy go lucky with the Jets? How is that 12-4 prediction worked out for you so far this year? The only "hilarious" one in these Jets forums is YOU!!!

And show me where I slammed the team? Did you see what the o-line coach said about Ducasse? I was 2 years ahead of the curve on that one!!!

And what did I say that was so bad about our starters; I believe it to be true. You could look at a lot of other teams "reserves" and they would have starting roles on the NY Jets. Our offense, whether we want to admit it or not, is offensive right now.
    Why do you even bother?
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Why do you even bother?
    I ask myself that everytime, hes just the Master Baiter....

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    I ask myself that everytime, hes just the Master Baiter....
    That's why the site has an ignore feature.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    There's no doubt that Sanchez has the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Every QB I can think of has at least one legit weapon. At least ONE! And most of them have multiple weapons that are better than anything we have including Holmes.

Ryan - Jones, White, Gonzo
    Flacco - Smith, Boldin, Rice, Pitta
    Fitz - Jackson, Spiller, Johnson, Chandler
    Wilson - Lynch, Rice, Tate
    Ponder - Harvin, AP
    Titans - Chris Johnson, Nate Washington, Jared Cook
    Stafford - Megatron, Leshore, Pettigrew
    Tannehill - Hartline, Reggie Bush
    Eli - Cruz, Nicks, Bennett, Bradshaw
    Bradford - Amendoula
    Schaub - Foster, Andre Johnson
    9'ers - Gore, Davis, Crabtree
    RGIII - Garcon, Moss, Morris,

Just to name a few.

Everyone has at least one.

The only other teams I can think of that have it as bad as we do is the Raiders and the Jags. But at least they have explosive RB's in McFadden and MJD. They just haven't been healthy this season.

Follow me on Twitter @TheGaudAlmighty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post
    There's no doubt that Sanchez has the worst supporting cast in the NFL. Every QB I can think of has at least one legit weapon. At least ONE! And most of them have multiple weapons that are better than anything we have including Holmes.

Ponder - Harvin, AP
    Bradford - Amendoula

Just to name a few.

The only other teams I can think of that have it as bad as we do is the Raiders and the Jags. But at least they have explosive RB's in McFadden and MJD. They just haven't been healthy this season.
    I wouldnt say we have the absolute worst supporting cast in the league because that isn't true even some of the teams you mentioned, Rams & Dolphins are worse off than we are. . We are definitely in the bottom tier but not the worst. I swear u used to have a Holmes photo now you prefer amendola or hartline over Santonio.
    Last edited by NYShepinFL; 12-13-2012 at 03:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjflightboy#10 View Post

Ponder - Harvin, AP
    Bradford - Amendoula

Just to name a few.

And you haven't even mentioned the teams like Kansas City and Arizona who have Bowe, Charles, and Fitzgerald.

Look at the St. Louis game, where Kerley didn't play right away, and our starting WR corp was Chaz Schellins and Clyde Gates.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    I wouldnt say we have the absolute worst supporting cat in the league because that isn't true even some of the teams you mentioned, Rams & Dolphins are worse off than we are. . We are definitely in the bottom tier but not the worst. I swear u used to have a Holmes photo now you prefer amendola or hartline over Santonio.
    That cat hasn't supported any of us. This is why I don't like cats. They don't care about us.

I have figured out though why some people do like cats...they're delicious.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    That cat hasn't supported any of us. This is why I don't like cats. They don't care about us.

I have figured out though why some people do like cats...they're delicious.
    Thanks for your lame attempt trying to be funny but it was just that, lame.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Thanks for your lame attempt trying to be funny but it was just that, lame.
    You're entitled to your opinion. Thanks for making me a better person.
    -Sun Tzu

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast