Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Or else we give up 30+ to every decent team we play again next year. Our WRs look pretty good next year Braylon, Hill (yr2), Kerley, Gates & Gilyard is a pretty good group of guys. Wit a real back like Chris Johnson they look that much better. Should read more before you go spewing or whatever your word is.
    I thought you wrote Calvin Johnson, not Chris. Steven Jackson is a better fit. Big, strong, pounding back who we can pair with Powell in the backfield.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    LOL!!! Oh CRAP. I read Calvin. I need to get hooked on phonics.

I'd rather go after Steven Jackson. Isn't he a FA?
    I think he is, if we wanna ground and pound get him too ****. But for real Chris Johnson gives us an identity, Jackson just another big slow back. At this point I don't see him as much of an upgrade over Greene(age/mileage/injuries). Don't think he adds anything we don't already have. If that's the case we go after Michael bush or Ben Tate or something.

vCash
    LOL!!! Oh CRAP. I read Calvin. I need to get hooked on phonics.

I'd rather go after Steven Jackson. Isn't he a FA?
    lol

i'd definitely like to get SJAX. That'd be nice.

vCash
    I think he is, if we wanna ground and pound get him too ****. But for real Chris Johnson gives us an identity, Jackson just another big slow back. At this point I don't see him as much of an upgrade over Greene(age/mileage/injuries). Don't think he adds anything we don't already have. If that's the case we go after Michael bush or Ben Tate or something.
    Jackson is a bigger, stronger version of Greene who actually can gain yardage when he hit's the line. Since both are FA's, I'd rather let Greene walk and sign Jackson who shouldn't be too expensive. I'd also take a look at Brandon Jacobs who will be released at the end of the year.

I don't really like Bush. He's only a year younger than Jackson, and he's not an every down back. Tate is interesting, but I don't know why Houston would want to give him up.

Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    1- Trade Santonio Holmes to the Vikings for a 2014 conditional 5th round pick.

Why? There will be some dead money but we would shave 8.75M of the original cap value for the 2013 season. Vikings need playmakers for Ponder. Peterson and Harvin need help. They take a gamble with a future mid round pick. The guy is a dick and cancerous to a team.

2- Trade Tim Tebow to the Jaguars for a 6th round pick. It's a decent gamble just for off-the field football alone. Jags need fans to come to home games and who better than a hometown hero? Tebow doesn't fit on this team at all as we have seen this year. Gives up a couple of million more in cap space to work with.

3- Franchise and trade Dustin Keller to the St. Louis Rams for a 3rd and 5th round picks. They need weapons around Bradford. There is some familiarity with Schotty there. The TE draft class this season is pretty weak. We need to rebuild this team. We need draft picks and we need to him on them. Hitting on mid to late round picks is how you build good team depth. Keller is a good but not great TE. He's replaceable.

4- Trade Darrelle Revis to the New Orleans Saints for a 2013 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks and 2014 1st round pick. Saints need help on defense, especially in the secondary. They have some cap space to work with in 2013 to give Revis the extension he wants. For the Jets, we need to rebuild. This trade allows us to do that. The team has shown that the secondary is good enough w/o Revis.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyfan4life View Post
    1- Trade Santonio Holmes to the Vikings for a 2014 conditional 5th round pick.

Why? There will be some dead money but we would shave 8.75M of the original cap value for the 2013 season. Vikings need playmakers for Ponder. Peterson and Harvin need help. They take a gamble with a future mid round pick. The guy is a dick and cancerous to a team.

2- Trade Tim Tebow to the Jaguars for a 6th round pick. It's a decent gamble just for off-the field football alone. Jags need fans to come to home games and who better than a hometown hero? Tebow doesn't fit on this team at all as we have seen this year. Gives up a couple of million more in cap space to work with.

3- Franchise and trade Dustin Keller to the St. Louis Rams for a 3rd and 5th round picks. They need weapons around Bradford. There is some familiarity with Schotty there. The TE draft class this season is pretty weak. We need to rebuild this team. We need draft picks and we need to him on them. Hitting on mid to late round picks is how you build good team depth. Keller is a good but not great TE. He's replaceable.

4- Trade Darrelle Revis to the New Orleans Saints for a 2013 1st, 2nd, 4th round picks and 2014 1st round pick. Saints need help on defense, especially in the secondary. They have some cap space to work with in 2013 to give Revis the extension he wants. For the Jets, we need to rebuild. This trade allows us to do that. The team has shown that the secondary is good enough w/o Revis.
    That's a lot of moving pieces just for picks, let alone all the jamokes we need to let walk or cut. I dunno sounds kinda halfway decent. I agree on Keller &Tebow fully. Holmes can go if they giving something decent up. But i'm not on the trade Revis train. We heed to get better not worse. Don't agree wit that whatsoever.

vCash

Unhappy

Jackson is a bigger, stronger version of Greene who actually can gain yardage when he hit's the line. Since both are FA's, I'd rather let Greene walk and sign Jackson who shouldn't be too expensive. I'd also take a look at Brandon Jacobs who will be released at the end of the year.

I don't really like Bush. He's only a year younger than Jackson, and he's not an every down back. Tate is interesting, but I don't know why Houston would want to give him up.
    Greene has more yards than Jackson this year, Jackson been hurt but that's Steven Jackson. I wouldn't swap Jackson for Greene but maybe keep both. We can't score cuz we don't have an elite talent at any offensive position that scores. I don't want a brand new Steven Jackson jersey

vCash
    That's a lot of moving pieces just for picks, let alone all the jamokes we need to let walk or cut. I dunno sounds kinda halfway decent. I agree on Keller &Tebow fully. Holmes can go if they giving something decent up. But i'm not on the trade Revis train. We heed to get better not worse. Don't agree wit that whatsoever.
    Does it matter? Who cares about the roster turnover? Its not like we're winning anything next year with the roster we will most likely have. We need to rebuild the right way. Develop our own players. Not risk the long-term stability of the franchise for band-aid contracts with short term goals in mind. Sometimes you need to get worse before you get better. It's a cliche but it has been proven to be true at times.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Greene has more yards than Jackson this year, Jackson been hurt but that's Steven Jackson. I wouldn't swap Jackson for Greene but maybe keep both. We can't score cuz we don't have an elite talent at any offensive position that scores. I don't want a brand new Steven Jackson jersey
    Greene has more yards, but he also has more carries. Jackson has a higher average YPC. It's only slightly higher, but it negates your argument that Greene>Jackson this year.

We can't score because we don't have enough talent at the skill positions. Teams can win without an elite player. We don't even have very good players.

-Sun Tzu

vCash
    The Rams have Lance Kendricks who they recently drafted and like a lot. He's pretty good to I doubt they trade for Keller.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Greene has more yards, but he also has more carries. Jackson has a higher average YPC. It's only slightly higher, but it negates your argument that Greene>Jackson this year.

We can't score because we don't have enough talent at the skill positions. Teams can win without an elite player. We don't even have very good players.
    I see what your saying but Greene has more yards than alot of guys Forte, Bradshaw, McFadden, Mathews and the list goes on, while his average is lower than most. Steven Jackson gon bring that same power running affect on a team where we are dying for a home run hitter, a TRUE focal point to our offense.

Every great team has a guy who's picture they show on all the graphics he's usually an offensive guy. I'm tired of that guy being Mark Sanchez. Do I think we can be great wit Sanchez yes potentially. You don't just grab those guys from nowhere. I don't want that guy to be Steven Jackson, he isn't that guy. For us Chris Johnson could be that guy. Speed, ability to score from anywhere, offensive focal point & top level NFL talent on offensive. He's everything the Jets are missing. Steven Jackson isn't.
    Last edited by NYShepinFL; 12-13-2012 at 02:44 AM.

vCash
    Well damn sure not everything, but you see what i'm tryna say

vCash
    Speaking or RB's, I think we need two next season with us letting Greene go as well as underwhelming McKnight. We need backs who have some vision and can be that threat out of the backfield. With Shonn, it's still so forced and Mark doesn't have great touch so we need better receiving skills from our backs. I would like to draft one and get another FA. I think Mark was at his very best when LT was in there. We need that dimension of comfort for him brought back. This should be an offensive priority in the offseason IMO.
    A combination of Mike Gilislee (Florida) and RFA Chris Ivory from New Orleans would give us a combo with Powell that will secure that position for many years.
    Ivory was undrafted and could be had on an offer sheet that New Orleans may not be interested in matching with their current money tied into RB's.
    I'll pass on washed-up Jackson and ineffective Johnson. I think both would be a far more costly acquisition than Ivory who's got a lot of tread remaining on his tires.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-13-2012 at 06:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    The Rams have Lance Kendricks who they recently drafted and like a lot. He's pretty good to I doubt they trade for Keller.
    I don't think we can trade Keller before free agency begins. Can someone confirm this? I think this talk is moot. Maybe I'm wrong.
    I see him being released. Especially if Fasano hits the market.
    I think the Jets exercised good judgment in not wrapping him up to an extension too soon. He hasn't been good in this offense. Continues to disappear.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-13-2012 at 06:35 AM.

vCash

Don't let GreenLantern hear you say that!! Like I have said before, when you look at the Jets right now and the NFL in general, how many other teams besides the Jets say that their top offensive player is a Center? That should not happen!

And also, when you look around the league, look at how many other teams 2nd and even 3rd stringers would be STARTERS on the NY Jets. People laughed at how Seattle put up 58 on Arizona and we put up 7; well, I could look at a lot of their offensive "reserves" and they would be immediate starters on the NY Jets. I'll guarantee you if Braylon Edwards was fully healthy, he would be starting Monday Night at Tennessee.
    Last edited by ccugrad1; 12-13-2012 at 09:29 AM.
    PSD's Muhammad Wilkerson!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast