Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    trade tebow and a 6th rounder to seattle for matt flynn

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush520 View Post
    trade tebow and a 6th rounder to seattle for matt flynn
    The only team I can think of who will want to trade for Tebow is Jacksonville.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    The only team I can think of who will want to trade for Tebow is Jacksonville.
    The only thing Jacksonville would give us is mid round picks

Props To CheapTrikz For The Sig

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Crom-Viscera View Post
    The only thing Jacksonville would give us is mid round picks
    Isn't that what the Jets traded to get him? Don't underestimate the power lure of bringing back the hometown favorite. The Jags wanted him last year, but the Broncos wanted them to pay the entire $5MM salary advance so they passed.

The Jets negotiated that down to half, and included a 6th rounder. They might eat the money in order to get a higher pick.

The Jags offered a 4th round pick last year and $3MM toward the salary advance. I can see them offering at least a 4th rounder this year, and maybe going as high as a 3rd if the advance is off the table.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Isn't that what the Jets traded to get him? Don't underestimate the power lure of bringing back the hometown favorite. The Jags wanted him last year, but the Broncos wanted them to pay the entire $5MM salary advance so they passed.

The Jets negotiated that down to half, and included a 6th rounder. They might eat the money in order to get a higher pick.

The Jags offered a 4th round pick last year and $3MM toward the salary advance. I can see them offering at least a 4th rounder this year, and maybe going as high as a 3rd if the advance is off the table.
    id take a 3rd for tebow in a goddamn heartbeat. heck a 4th rounder too. but if tanny is still in charge, he'll accept their initial 6th round pick.
    Last edited by Rush520; 12-12-2012 at 10:54 AM.

vCash
    Tebow isn't worth anything, you'll be lucky to get a 6th rounder.

ďNinety percent Iíll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent Iíll probably waste.Ē
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    I love the idea of getting a 4th round, or better, pick for Tebow. My question is, what is Jacksonville going to do with him?

J-ville has Gabbert, eh???? - ranked well-above Sanchez, and improved his QB rating from rookie - 70 to 77. Then they have Henne, who when he has Cecil Shorts, has played pretty well.

I KNOW Tebow is a home town favorite, but what are they going to do with him? Do they disagree with everyone, including us, that Tebow will never become a viable starting QB in the NFL, and if not, then adding him would be just another publicity stunt - and look how that has turned out for us.

Winning games is the only thing that sells tickets on a consistent, large scale basis - and unless they think he can take a sub-par team, and make them a winner (choke...cough...puke...) - what the heck would they do with him.

AND if he put this much pressure on Sanchez, without having an already established fan base, just think what would happen in J-ville. Gabbert and Henne probably would be driven underground (or not), and the team over-taken with Tebow-mania even worse then Denver was.

I question whether Tim Tebow has any value in the NFL right now. I like the kid, but I just don't see him being a starting NFL QB, and he is a huge distraction as anything else.

GO JETS!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansince'67 View Post
    I love the idea of getting a 4th round, or better, pick for Tebow. My question is, what is Jacksonville going to do with him?

J-ville has Gabbert, eh???? - ranked well-above Sanchez, and improved his QB rating from rookie - 70 to 77. Then they have Henne, who when he has Cecil Shorts, has played pretty well.

I KNOW Tebow is a home town favorite, but what are they going to do with him? Do they disagree with everyone, including us, that Tebow will never become a viable starting QB in the NFL, and if not, then adding him would be just another publicity stunt - and look how that has turned out for us.

Winning games is the only thing that sells tickets on a consistent, large scale basis - and unless they think he can take a sub-par team, and make them a winner (choke...cough...puke...) - what the heck would they do with him.

AND if he put this much pressure on Sanchez, without having an already established fan base, just think what would happen in J-ville. Gabbert and Henne probably would be driven underground (or not), and the team over-taken with Tebow-mania even worse then Denver was.

I question whether Tim Tebow has any value in the NFL right now. I like the kid, but I just don't see him being a starting NFL QB, and he is a huge distraction as anything else.

GO JETS!!!
    Exactly right. Jax will no longer go after him as they have no space for him now. This is why Clay is likely more accurate in his value being a 6th rounder. He is a major distraction but would he be less of one next year should he remain in New York? After all, we (knock on wood) are about to complete the season without this his starting a game in spite of media promises. Could they design more plays for him in the offense which couldn't be afforded with the newly installed system Sparano had implemented? We will see in the offseason. If this was a Sparano request, I'd expect to see him here next year. Some claim it was an owner request and if so, we may see him gone.

I'd like to see your GM wish-list on that thread. I'm drawing mine up and am waiting on the completion of the season as this affects draft position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Exactly right. Jax will no longer go after him as they have no space for him now. This is why Clay is likely more accurate in his value being a 6th rounder. He is a major distraction but would he be less of one next year should he remain in New York? After all, we (knock on wood) are about to complete the season without this his starting a game in spite of media promises. Could they design more plays for him in the offense which couldn't be afforded with the newly installed system Sparano had implemented? We will see in the offseason. If this was a Sparano request, I'd expect to see him here next year. Some claim it was an owner request and if so, we may see him gone.

I'd like to see your GM wish-list on that thread. I'm drawing mine up and am waiting on the completion of the season as this affects draft position.
    There is no chance tebow stays, He will be gone and not missed for sure.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    There better be a few names that had better not be back next year; Bart Scott, Calvin pace, Bryan Thomas & Tim Tebow. If any return management doesn't get it. We take whatever we can get for Tebow. If we get a pick better than Rd 7 that's great.

Our WRs look pretty good all of a sudden when all healthy goin forward. I think we should go after Chris Johnson. His contact is huge but we can make it work. We can use Cro contact as part of the deal. Not that I wanna trade Cro, but if Kyle Wilson is the guy we drafted him to be, some of you say thathe is that's make Cro expendable.

The Jets need a face of their franchise offensively it isn't ever gonna be Mark Sanchez or anyone else on our roster so we might as well get a guy like CJ we can hang our hat on. To me its a perfect marriage, if we serious bout surrounding Sanchez wit talent we should try start there.
    Last edited by NYShepinFL; 12-12-2012 at 10:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    There better be a few names that had better not be back next year; Bart Scott, Calvin pace, Bryan Thomas & Tim Tebow. If any return management doesn't get it. We take whatever we can get for Tebow. If we get a pick better than Rd 7 that's great.
    Or else?

Our WRs look pretty good all of a sudden when all healthy goin forward. I think we should go after Chris Johnson. His contact is huge but we can make it work. We can use Cro contact as part of the deal. Not that I wanna trade Cro, but if Kyle Wilson is the guy we drafted him to be, some of you say thathe is that's make Cro expendable.

The Jets need a face of their franchise offensively it isn't ever gonna be Mark Sanchez or anyone else on our roster so we might as well get a guy like CJ we can hang our hat on. To me its a perfect marriage, if we serious bout surrounding Sanchez wit talent we should try start there.
    Don't get ahead of yourself on our WR's. We haven't even seen Bray play yet, and we don't know if he's still got anyrhing left.

As for Calvin Johnson...what color is the sky in the world where Detroit trades the best receiver in the league?
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 732_Franchise View Post
    I haven't made a thread in a long time since I left being TM here but would y'all do this trade proposal of....

NY Jets Trade to Redskins
    WR Holmes, QB Sanchez & draft picks

Washington Redskins trade to Jets
    LG Kory Lichtensteiger, WR Santana Moss & QB Kirk Cousins

Financially I haven't worked out the details but the Jets shed cap room.
    so why would WAS want Sanchez with the contract he has to be a backup?

vCash
    Or else?

Don't get ahead of yourself on our WR's. We haven't even seen Bray play yet, and we don't know if he's still got anyrhing left.

As for Calvin Johnson...what color is the sky in the world where Detroit trades the best receiver in the league?
    You do realize he means Chris Johnson, not Calvin, right? Considering he said Chris Johnson...

vCash
    Or else?

Or else we give up 30+ to every decent team we play again next year. Our WRs look pretty good next year Braylon, Hill (yr2), Kerley, Gates & Gilyard is a pretty good group of guys. Wit a real back like Chris Johnson they look that much better. Should read more before you go spewing or whatever your word is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    You do realize he means Chris Johnson, not Calvin, right? Considering he said Chris Johnson...
    LOL!!! Oh CRAP. I read Calvin. I need to get hooked on phonics.

I'd rather go after Steven Jackson. Isn't he a FA?
    -Sun Tzu

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast