Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

2013 Off season Trade Idea

I haven't made a thread in a long time since I left being TM here but would y'all do this trade proposal of....

NY Jets Trade to Redskins
    WR Holmes, QB Sanchez & draft picks

Washington Redskins trade to Jets
    LG Kory Lichtensteiger, WR Santana Moss & QB Kirk Cousins

Financially I haven't worked out the details but the Jets shed cap room.

vCash
    Love this thread!

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Jets trade him tebow to Seahawks for 5th round pick.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 732_Franchise View Post
    I haven't made a thread in a long time since I left being TM here but would y'all do this trade proposal of....

NY Jets Trade to Redskins
    WR Holmes, QB Sanchez & draft picks

Washington Redskins trade to Jets
    LG Kory Lichtensteiger, WR Santana Moss & QB Kirk Cousins

Financially I haven't worked out the details but the Jets shed cap room.

While I appreciate the creativity, here are the reasons why this would never pass the smell test:
    1. This is not the NBA. Trades of this magnitude have never happened and never will under the current CBA.
    2. The Redskins signed two FA WR's to contracts last year and paid a lot for them - Josh Morgan and Pierre Garcon.
    3. The Redskins were penalized by the NFL 18M against the salary cap. They have no money.
    4. This means, no additional bloated contract for a washed-up young QB with accuracy problems, pocket presence lacking, poor read recognition player due 17M would be taken in to play backup. They have a very inexpensive, effective backup now.
    5. This also means they would not take on Holmes' bloated contract as they have a #3 WR named Hankerson who they want on the field as well as Aldrick Robinson and Santana Moss - they don't need WR's, especially of the very expensive, disruptive variety.
    6. OLine is a position of need and Cory has been a starter for a few years now. He's not going anywhere unless they draft someone better. He's not that great.

If the goal is Cousins, be prepared to pony up a 2nd day draft pick. That might be why they selected him.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 12-11-2012 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    We should get RGIII for what we're giving up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    We should get RGIII for what we're giving up!
    lol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    While I appreciate the creativity, here are the reasons why this would never pass the smell test:
    1. This is not the NBA. Trades of this magnitude have never happened and never will under the current CBA.
    2. The Redskins signed two FA WR's to contracts last year and paid a lot for them - Josh Morgan and Pierre Garcon.
    3. The Redskins were penalized by the NFL 18M against the salary cap. They have no money.
    4. This means, no additional bloated contract for a washed-up young QB with accuracy problems, pocket presence lacking, poor read recognition player due 17M would be taken in to play backup. They have a very inexpensive, effective backup now.
    5. This also means they would not take on Holmes' bloated contract as they have a #3 WR named Hankerson who they want on the field as well as Aldrick Robinson and Santana Moss - they don't need WR's, especially of the very expensive, disruptive variety.
    6. OLine is a position of need and Cory has been a starter for a few years now. He's not going anywhere unless they draft someone better. He's not that great.

If the goal is Cousins, be prepared to pony up a 2nd day draft pick. That might be why they selected him.
    This addresses just about everything.

I think I'd like Cousins, I dont think I'd send a second rounder. Someone will though.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandIcedZ View Post
    This addresses just about everything.

I think I'd like Cousins, I dont think I'd send a second rounder. Someone will though.
    If Cousins can net the Redskins a 2nd rounder, then the Jets can get a 2nd for McElroy. Don't see the love affair with Kirk Cousins.
    PSD's Sheldon Richardson!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    If Cousins can net the Redskins a 2nd rounder, then the Jets can get a 2nd for McElroy. Don't see the love affair with Kirk Cousins.
    McElroy would be more valuable on the jets roster at this point. Sanchez will start next year but the jets will be looking to draft a QB and groom him soon. Keep McElroy just in case Sanchez really does get benched next year.

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post

Yep - that sums it up well.

vCash
    Moss contract is 3 yrs, $15 million I would take on that.

vCash
    Resign Keller

Trade Keller/Tebow/2nd Rd

To TEN for CJ/Hasselback

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYShepinFL View Post
    Resign Keller

Trade Keller/Tebow/2nd Rd

To TEN for CJ/Hasselback
    we are in cap hell now imagine CJ's contract..... NO THANKYOU

#Hernandezing

haha delusional

vCash
    Trade Revis Tebow and our 2013 2nd to the Jaguars for their 2013 1st, a 2013 3rd, 2014 1st and a 2014 2nd

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    Trade Revis Tebow and our 2013 2nd to the Jaguars for their 2013 1st, a 2013 3rd, 2014 1st and a 2014 2nd
    No.

All I want is Revis to end his career as a Jet.

**** off guys! Let me be happy.

JXD nailed all the reasons original post wouldn't work. Good post.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast