Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Draft Pick Clarification

Hey guys, just wondering if someone could clarify the Raptors draft pick situation this year... do we have a first round pick this year? I thought there was some weird reverse protection on it or something... is the tank nation train even worth riding this year lol?

vCash
    If the pick lands any where from 4 to 15, it goes to the Thunder.

Next year, if the pick falls any where from 3 to 15, it goes to the Thunder.

The year after, if the pick falls any where from 2 to 15, it goes to the Thunder.

The year after that, the pick is unprotected.
    Raptors count-up to 36 wins: 34 - 48 || #TankForWiggins
    http://blogasvalanciunas.tumblr.com
    Hey Cashman, fire Girardi and then yourself!

vCash
    Our luck we will tank big time... and get pushed back to 4th by the lottery haha

vCash
    Play the young guys like Val and Ross and let them learn by fire. Whatever the pick ends up, let the chips fall as they may (for this year).

Definitely tank next year for Wiggins. In that case I would rather give up the pick this year in a weak draft even if it's number at the 4 slot. Next year's draft is going to be stacked.

I doubt we try to tank this year or play the youngins' as much as most of the fans would like. BC and Casey are playing for their jobs.

vCash
    it's actually better we give up the pick this year in a weaker draft class. But the way we're playing, we may keep it, and that screws us over in it's own way too.

vCash
    not if we keep it the next 2 years

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dalton749 View Post
    not if we keep it the next 2 years
    lol, we're cheering for a team to multiple losing seasons these days? We're worse than leaf fans.

vCash

vCash
    I would honestly rather give up this year's pick then next year's. Other then maybe Noel who could turn into a great defensive player, there's no real difference makers in this draft. We will most likely be bad next year and to lose a top three pick next year in a star ladden draft would be devastating.
    Where Pick n Roll...Pick and Roll...Pick and Roll...Rebound Happens

vCash
    We are probably losing it this season. Based on the suspected strength of the draft though, it might be good we lose it now, than if we are bad in the next years in deeper drafts and potentially lose a good pick.

I think Toronto will rise in the standings, once we get our easier, home friendly schedule, but not high enough lol
    On Russel Westbrook's Chances at Defensive Player of the Year:

Quote Originally Posted by Money_23 View Post
    I think he has a good case. He's the only guy who can hold Durant to under 30 points a game.

vCash
    Agreed give up the pick this year...the draft class is weak. But I see them getting up in the standings (as the poster mentioned above with the easier schedule now).

Caledron gone next year. Trade Bargs and get a 1st rounder (if possible, even the Lakers or something).

Build around Ed Davis, Terrence Ross (the guy has potential to be a dunk machine), Jonas and Demar DeRozan.
    Last edited by Sanyo; 12-14-2012 at 01:53 PM.

vCash
    Tank nation train is never worth riding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanyo View Post
    Agreed give up the pick this year...the draft class is weak. But I see them getting up in the standings (as the poster mentioned above with the easier schedule now).

Caledron gone next year. Trade Bargs and get a 1st rounder (if possible, even the Lakers or something).

Build around Ed Davis, Terrence Ross (the guy has potential to be a dunk machine), Jonas and Demar DeRozan.
    That's not saying much lol, he needs to get his shot together, he's been blocked a few times on his jumpers, he's a streaky shooter, needs to be more consistent. Later on though, he's still a rookie.