Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 102
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,519
    vCash
    1500
    You right i guess we should be talking about how the cowboys wont make the playoffs again and in the last 10 or so yrs they have the same amount of playoff wins as The texans who came into the league in 2002

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by goku View Post
    You right i guess we should be talking about how the cowboys wont make the playoffs again and in the last 10 or so yrs they have the same amount of playoff wins as The texans who came into the league in 2002
    After this year, the Texans will pass or atleast Tie the Cowboys in playoff games played in the last 10 years.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,041
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Austeezy View Post
    This is one of the most overrated excuses I keep hearing.

    "Hey look, Peyton beats the Steelers. Nothings changed, same ol Manning."

    "Lost to the Texans? Manning is rusty, the team isn't on the same page, just give it time."
    Well to be fair the Steelers weren't playing the best defensive football at the beginning of the season so you can see y people were saying that but if Manning were to play the Texans now you don't think he would win?
    @paulpierce34 I told Wade I will **** his mom like how my man D. West did his mans. Thats why I got ejected
    Ignore List:
    AIMelo=KillaDUO; Reason: Makes up stories to protect the one he beats his meat to everynight(Melo)
    Chucky Woods; Reason: Packer Homer that just talks outta his Azz
    HaruSoul; Reason: Sanchez homer can't see that he is a POS qb
    Hustlenomics; Reason: Good luck debating with this Ronda homer
    nickdymez; Reason: Kobe/Laker homer but didn't even know how the Lakers got Kobe

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,635
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by sf-fanatic View Post
    Really? Every team goes through injuries throughout the course of the season. The good teams have depth and can play through missing starters.

    Also, if your friend isnt on PSD why do we care what types of messages your friend sends you? As seen by the countless replies this is just a dumb waste of our time.
    Then stop reading and posting on the topic then num nuts. Your comment is dumb and a waste of my time, i don't think I came to your house and snatched your donuts out your mouth and told you to read this.
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by JiffyMix88 View Post
    Well to be fair the Steelers weren't playing the best defensive football at the beginning of the season so you can see y people were saying that but if Manning were to play the Texans now you don't think he would win?
    In Texas? No. If the Texans win out, The AFC still goes through Houston.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by SenecaValley46 View Post
    New England is the clear favorite. Then Denver is next up. Then you can group Baltimore and Pittsburgh together as disappointments who are these teams real identities. Indy as unexpected and Houston as pretenders.
    As long as "pretender" is considered a better thing than of "disappointments" and "unexpecteds"...then sure...
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,562
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Then stop reading and posting on the topic then num nuts. Your comment is dumb and a waste of my time, i don't think I came to your house and snatched your donuts out your mouth and told you to read this.
    Remenber when the Cowboys had Lee and a healthy team and they got smacked by the Bears at home?

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    woodland ca
    Posts
    363
    vCash
    1500
    this isnt news to me. they are a playoff team but not a serious contender. niether are the falcons.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,000
    vCash
    1500
    The Patriots are 28-2 at home during the past 4 regular seasons.

    They don't lose at home. The Texans got their *** beat bad last night but for you to judge them just because they got their *** beat by New England in an away game isn't really fair.

    If you watched the game at all last night you'd know that Brady used miss matches with Houston's ILB and Safety's every time they had a big play. Funny thing is that Brian Cushing is still injured and we played with 2 back up safeties last night. Brady and Belichick did an awesome job exploiting our weaknesses, Bradie James is just too damn slow. Great game planning by New England. We are hurting but that still gives us no reason for our offense to not show up.

    It's still really unfair to call the Texans a complete pretender when you lose an away game to a really good team that doesn't lose at home.

    I really hope we play again but in Houston just to see how they match up there.

    I'm not making excuses, we got our butt kicked but comon don't just write us off because of one game.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,635
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    Remenber when the Cowboys had Lee and a healthy team and they got smacked by the Bears at home?
    I don't think i said the cowboys were a great team this season. If you want proof of that check out the Cowboys forum and I said that in the offseason due to us signing backup lineman off horrible teams to start. I don't think Houston are super bowl favorites because they get blown out by quality teams... Stop the run you stop them because Shaub is not going to win them a game on his back and playing Alan Ball in their secondary means they won't stop the pass... Also i hate them because Andre johnson screwed me in my fantasy league
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chestnut Hill, MA
    Posts
    23,564
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    I have a friend who is a Texans fan who tells me how great they are and sends me endless text about them. The Texans maybe 11-2 both times they have faced a team with a winning record and healthy they have gotten blown out bad. A great football team may lose but will not be blown out whenever they face a talented team. People will say:
    1. They beat Denver- well that was at the start of the season and Peyton wasn't on the same page as his squad
    2. They beat Chicago- barely won without Jay Cutler
    3. Ravens- fresh off losing Ray Ray
    Everyone else they have played has been worse of the worse in the NFL...
    I predict that the Texans will be beat in the first game they play in the playoffs because I don't think they can play with any playoff teams in the NFL
    They arent pretenders. Theyre still a great football team, but the second the Jets came close to beating them, I knew they were overrated


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CHj0dMkK6A

    New Video. Isles season highlights 2011-12!

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Texas Baby
    Posts
    4,635
    vCash
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleplay2007 View Post
    The Patriots are 28-2 at home during the past 4 regular seasons.

    They don't lose at home. The Texans got their *** beat bad last night but for you to judge them just because they got their *** beat by New England in an away game isn't really fair.

    If you watched the game at all last night you'd know that Brady used miss matches with Houston's ILB and Safety's every time they had a big play. Funny thing is that Brian Cushing is still injured and we played with 2 back up safeties last night. Brady and Belichick did an awesome job exploiting our weaknesses, Bradie James is just too damn slow. Great game planning by New England. We are hurting but that still gives us no reason for our offense to not show up.

    It's still really unfair to call the Texans a complete pretender when you lose an away game to a really good team that doesn't lose at home.

    I really hope we play again but in Houston just to see how they match up there.

    I'm not making excuses, we got our butt kicked but comon don't just write us off because of one game.
    Greenbay did the samething in Houston thats my problem with them. They are above average because they beat who they should but when top talent comes and they are on the big stage they are getting killed
    Time to get swole baby ooooo yea back in the gym

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,000
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Greenbay did the samething in Houston thats my problem with them. They are above average because they beat who they should but when top talent comes and they are on the big stage they are getting killed
    I get what your saying but at the same time last season they had pretty much the same squad and were able to beat the Bengals and almost beat the Ravens in prime time games. Schaub has been playing like a little school girl every time he gets on National Television. He needs to get it together.

    Imo I really think the Patriots just threw a monkey wrench in the Texans game plan. It's not that they aren't good. They are just a team that needs to get on top early, dominate the time of possession with Arian Foster, but anytime they are in a shoot out they won't be able to hang in just because Schaub is an above average QB. Reminds me a lot of Alex Smith just because they are good at getting leads and holding them but neither have the ability to go into a scoring shoot out and keep their teams in the game. That's the reason SF felt the need to make the swap with their QB situation. If it doesn't work out this season Houston might have to give Yates an opportunity in training camp.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Posts
    64,457
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknell View Post
    Greenbay did the samething in Houston thats my problem with them. They are above average because they beat who they should but when top talent comes and they are on the big stage they are getting killed
    Handling their schedule says a lot. Yes, they lost to the two best teams they've played, but whatever. Why are the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Bengals or whoever more of a contender?

    Pitt's best win is against the fickle Giants, but they have PATHETIC losses against Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland and home against San Diego. They needed OT to beat KC at home. How can you say they are more impressive of more of a contender than Houston?

    Baltimore also has a good win, against the Pats early in the season. But they got KILLED by the Texans, and have lost their last 2, while struggling mightily against Cleveland, Pitt and San Diego weeks before. How are they more of a contender than Houston?

    Indy has a good win too, against the Packers (I was there, it was nuts). But they haven't had an impressive win since, they got bludgeoned like Houston did against NE, and have terrible losses to Jacksonville and NYJ. We'll find out if they're in Houston's class this weekend, but right now, how can you say they're more of a contender than Houston?


    If you think there are two contenders in the AFC, then that's fine. But if anyone else mentions these other teams as being more of a "contender" than Houston, well, nothing really has shown that and you probably aren't thinking straight.

    Houston has a very impressive win against Denver that stacks up with PIT, BAL and INDY's best wins. They don't have a single bad loss, unlike those teams. Hell, Denver is a less impressive version of Houston. They lost to Atlanta, Houston AND New England. Talk about not being able to beat good teams...

    There are 3 AFC contenders: New England, Denver and Houston. I think NE is the strongest of the bunch, but Houston is there, because they've shown they can beat Denver and Baltimore.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

    Love y'all!

    Except for all of y'all.

    #FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,519
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Handling their schedule says a lot. Yes, they lost to the two best teams they've played, but whatever. Why are the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Bengals or whoever more of a contender?

    Pitt's best win is against the fickle Giants, but they have PATHETIC losses against Oakland, Tennessee, Cleveland and home against San Diego. They needed OT to beat KC at home. How can you say they are more impressive of more of a contender than Houston?

    Baltimore also has a good win, against the Pats early in the season. But they got KILLED by the Texans, and have lost their last 2, while struggling mightily against Cleveland, Pitt and San Diego weeks before. How are they more of a contender than Houston?

    Indy has a good win too, against the Packers (I was there, it was nuts). But they haven't had an impressive win since, they got bludgeoned like Houston did against NE, and have terrible losses to Jacksonville and NYJ. We'll find out if they're in Houston's class this weekend, but right now, how can you say they're more of a contender than Houston?


    If you think there are two contenders in the AFC, then that's fine. But if anyone else mentions these other teams as being more of a "contender" than Houston, well, nothing really has shown that and you probably aren't thinking straight.

    Houston has a very impressive win against Denver that stacks up with PIT, BAL and INDY's best wins. They don't have a single bad loss, unlike those teams. Hell, Denver is a less impressive version of Houston. They lost to Atlanta, Houston AND New England. Talk about not being able to beat good teams...

    There are 3 AFC contenders: New England, Denver and Houston. I think NE is the strongest of the bunch, but Houston is there, because they've shown they can beat Denver and Baltimore.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •