Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    The top 3 teams in football, or at least the AFC right now are New England, Houston and Denver. You can argue otherwise, but that seems like a safe proclamation.

If you want to draw the "pretender line" somewhere in between those three teams, that's fine, but all it means is that the AFC is pretty thin at the top this year.

vCash
    New England is the clear favorite. Then Denver is next up. Then you can group Baltimore and Pittsburgh together as disappointments who are these teams real identities. Indy as unexpected and Houston as pretenders.

vCash
    Everyone gets their *** whooped at least once.

vCash
    I'm thinking the Texans aren't as bad as they played last night.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Big Texans fan here. While I was not suprised by the outcome of the game last night, I think the pretenders label is way too harsh for a 12-2 team.

The fact of the matter is Houston is not gonna beat NE this year unless NE beats themselves in the game this year.

Even after Joseph came back (and he hasnt been stellar this season, just alot better than alan ball) with the injuries to Cushing, Reed, and Brice McCain, our kryptonite is going to be teams with talented TEs, Slot recievers, and RBs who can isolate our slot corners and LBs in space. Beyond that, our pass rush outside of JJ Watt has been severely lacking, and you cant give an elite QB like Brady that much time to operate.

The LB and CB depth on this team is lacking for the amount of man coverage Wade Phillips likes to play, simple as that. NE is one of the teams in this league that has the perfect personnel to attack this teams weaknesses (NO being another, i think theyd be a nightmare for houston on Defense).

Bottom line, outside of NE, i think the Texans can hang with anyone in the AFC. I fully expect them to wrap up their division this week at home to Indy and still take the 1 seed in the AFC.

vCash
    [QUOTE=blacknell;24682752]
    Quote Originally Posted by Labgrownmangoat View Post

When Lee was in the lineup Dallas had the #1 defense
    When did Dallas ever have the #1 D?

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
    Big Texans fan here. While I was not suprised by the outcome of the game last night, I think the pretenders label is way too harsh for a 12-2 team.

The fact of the matter is Houston is not gonna beat NE this year unless NE beats themselves in the game this year.

Even after Joseph came back (and he hasnt been stellar this season, just alot better than alan ball) with the injuries to Cushing, Reed, and Brice McCain, our kryptonite is going to be teams with talented TEs, Slot recievers, and RBs who can isolate our slot corners and LBs in space. Beyond that, our pass rush outside of JJ Watt has been severely lacking, and you cant give an elite QB like Brady that much time to operate.

The LB and CB depth on this team is lacking for the amount of man coverage Wade Phillips likes to play, simple as that. NE is one of the teams in this league that has the perfect personnel to attack this teams weaknesses (NO being another, i think theyd be a nightmare for houston on Defense).

Bottom line, outside of NE, i think the Texans can hang with anyone in the AFC. I fully expect them to wrap up their division this week at home to Indy and still take the 1 seed in the AFC.
    They gotta beat New England though. Can they? I don't think so personally.

I also think Denver can hang with them if they meet up again.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    they are a good team but everytime I have watched them play on national tv this year I really haven't been that impressed TBH.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 12-11-2012 at 03:02 PM.

vCash
    Really? Every team goes through injuries throughout the course of the season. The good teams have depth and can play through missing starters.

Also, if your friend isnt on PSD why do we care what types of messages your friend sends you? As seen by the countless replies this is just a dumb waste of our time.

THE BEST DH IN SF GIANTS HISTORY!

2010 and 2012 World Series Champs !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Fan Tdot View Post
    We should probably just all agree that blacknell is butthurt and move on.
    Seconded

Not Even Fair #BTFD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    they are a good team but everytime I have watched them play on national tv this year I really haven't been that impressed.
    Its because they lost their leader on D, but more importantly, their O can be stopped by stopping the run, which any solid Defense can do.

You limit Foster to a modest day, and you are asking Schaub to win it for you. They don't have too many great weapons outside of Andre Johnson, and the rest of their passing game all comes down to play action fake.

Its tough to win a SB when running the football sets up almost your entire offensive game plan.

Also, they are a bit overrated when it comes to their record. They play in a crap division and have a lot of easy games. They aren't pretenders. I wouldn't go that far, but they are clearly behind the Pats right now and the Broncos are right with them IMO.
    DUDA

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UofAZ420 View Post
    Seconded
    That is true lol.

Texans > Cowboys
    DUDA

vCash
    people will view a team how they want to view them.

the texans have good wins. they beat denver, dismantled baltimore in a very important game, and won a very hard matchup with chicago.

you can make excuses if you want for those games. but they won them. and they won others. are you going to hate on them for winning games their supposed to?

they're currently sitting at 11-2, tied for the best record in the NFL. i dont really see what your getting at.

did they lose to GB and NE? sure. but lets see what happens in the playoffs.

btw, theyre still in like for the #1 seed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Its because they lost their leader on D, but more importantly, their O can be stopped by stopping the run, which any solid Defense can do.

You limit Foster to a modest day, and you are asking Schaub to win it for you. They don't have too many great weapons outside of Andre Johnson, and the rest of their passing game all comes down to play action fake.

Its tough to win a SB when running the football sets up almost your entire offensive game plan.

Also, they are a bit overrated when it comes to their record. They play in a crap division and have a lot of easy games. They aren't pretenders. I wouldn't go that far, but they are clearly behind the Pats right now and the Broncos are right with them IMO.
    Basically agree with everything youve said here. Although I think Owen Daniels is another legitimate weapon outside of Andre. Beyond that, the replacements to the right side of the line have turned the texans run game from dominant last year to pretty average this year.

Despite all that. Indys defense is atrocious and their record is even more superficial than the Texans this year. Pittsburgh just got smoked at home by San Diego, a way worse defeat than losing to NE in Foxborough. Baltimore has looked extremely shaky this year, especially on the road and the Texans already blew them out once this season.

I think its pretty clear that NE is #1 in the AFC right now with Denver and Houston 2a and b

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHebrewHammer View Post
    Basically agree with everything youve said here. Although I think Owen Daniels is another legitimate weapon outside of Andre. Beyond that, the replacements to the right side of the line have turned the texans run game from dominant last year to pretty average this year.

Despite all that. Indys defense is atrocious and their record is even more superficial than the Texans this year. Pittsburgh just got smoked at home by San Diego, a way worse defeat than losing to NE in Foxborough. Baltimore has looked extremely shaky this year, especially on the road and the Texans already blew them out once this season.

I think its pretty clear that NE is #1 in the AFC right now with Denver and Houston 2a and b
    It's amazing Indy is 9-4. Might be the worst 9-4 team ever.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast