Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,911
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by widow4523 View Post
    just try to keep them from getting the first downs...kinda lame if u ask me
    thats basic defense.


    Phillies Redskins Flyers

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    1500
    I'd be more than happy with a defense that could prevent a first down. IMO that's more important than turnovers, that is what makes a defense great, is stopping the offense from moving the ball.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    If you say so.

    in 2009
    we were 18th in pts/game
    21st in 3rd down %
    18th in penalties
    19th in completion %
    26th in ints
    18th in QB rate
    17th in yards/rec
    18th in forced fumbles
    32nd in takeaways

    those are all crap numbers. This D was not good. just because one stat says they were a top 15 defense doesn't mean you can ignore all the rest of the stats. The most telling defensive stats to me are points/game and turnovers. if you can excel in these 2 stats then most likely you have a pretty good defense. Clearly that wasn't the case in 2009.
    Again, read what I wrote...the offense kept the defense on the field all of the time, other than that they were pretty good and not just in 2009. In 08 they were 6th in yards against...what are they now again? I wasn't trying to start an argument just an opinion, no need to attack. Sorry you are so upset about it

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,715
    vCash
    1500
    man just look at the results with a decimated defense... i know the passing defense is horrible, and that has a lot to do with lack of pass-rush and no safeties....

    just look at the 2nd half adjustments made by our defense the past 5 weeks... we are so much better...

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Charlotte. NC
    Posts
    3,267
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AWH1979 View Post
    Again, read what I wrote...the offense kept the defense on the field all of the time, other than that they were pretty good and not just in 2009. In 08 they were 6th in yards against...what are they now again? I wasn't trying to start an argument just an opinion, no need to attack. Sorry you are so upset about it
    Our time of possession in 2009 was 28:56 and 31:30 in 2008. We are currently 30:37 and thats with one of the best run games in the league. Tell me how those extra seconds make a defense better or worst. The offense staying on the field for 1 more min game is going to substantially make an impact? I dont buy that. I would understand if the difference in T.O.P was larger then say 5min or so.

    You can't just dismiss all stats except for the 1 that you like.

    How is this an attack? This is what a discussion is.
    Last edited by kbaxter34; 12-12-2012 at 06:54 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kbaxter34 View Post
    Our time of possession in 2009 was 28:56 and 31:30 in 2008. We are currently 30:37 and thats with one of the best run games in the league. Tell me how those extra seconds make a defense better or worst. The offense staying on the field for 1 more min game is going to substantially make an impact? I dont buy that. I would understand if the difference in T.O.P was larger then say 5min or so.

    You can't just dismiss all stats except for the 1 that you like.

    How is this an attack? This is what a discussion is.
    You have a way about discussing things...you are totally right the defense is super awesome now, you win.

    Defensive rankings

    Year. Yards. Points
    2012. 23. 28
    2011. 21. 13
    2010. 21. 31
    2009. 18. 10
    2008. 6. 4
    2007. 11. 8


    Case can be made either way, I have an opinion, I don't care about what you buy or don't buy. I wonder what happened in 2010 to make those numbers go up? Once again, I'd love to see this scheme work, it's exciting, I'm just skeptical because I liked what we had before just like many others here did.
    Last edited by AWH1979; 12-12-2012 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Update

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Charlotte. NC
    Posts
    3,267
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AWH1979 View Post
    You have a way about discussing things...you are totally right the defense is super awesome now, you win.

    Defensive rankings

    Year. Yards. Points
    2012. 23. 28
    2011. 21. 13
    2010. 21. 31
    2009. 18. 10
    2008. 6. 4
    2007. 11. 8


    Case can be made either way, I have an opinion, I don't care about what you buy or don't buy. I wonder what happened in 2010 to make those numbers go up? Once again, I'd love to see this scheme work, it's exciting, I'm just skeptical because I liked what we had before just like many others here did.
    You have a way of making up things. Where in any of my post did i state that this defense was good. Im just saying that the old 4-3 defense wasn't as great as everyone makes it out to be. Most of the reason this defense isn't good right now is personnel not scheme.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,261
    vCash
    1500
    I think the Browns game makes another strong argument in favor of Haslett and our 3-4 defensive scheme. How huge were the 2 INTs? They both lead to TDs, and the one by Jackson came on the 2nd play of the 2nd half when we were down 14-10. Perfect time for a big play to set the tone and momentum at the beginning of the 2nd half. Pressure, turnovers and another good half-time adjustment by the defense made a big impact in the game and helped out our offense.
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 12-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    1500
    I dont think you can make any case about any teams defense when you compare them to the browns offense.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,261
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IHateTheSkins View Post
    I dont think you can make any case about any teams defense when you compare them to the browns offense.
    Well, the case isn't resting solely on the Browns game. It's just more evidence in favor of the argument and shows the continuation of a trend.
    Last edited by SkinsFan4Life71; 12-17-2012 at 10:57 AM.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,977
    vCash
    1500
    We've been starting poorly but we seem to adjust well after the half, which works for me as long as we keep winning.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    7,935
    vCash
    1500
    While the defense has been improving, we just played the Browns. We went from being THE worst defense to a mediocre one. I feel we will continue to improve, but marginally. We're still going to give up huge plays at inopportune times. That much is evident. We just have to hope we keep them to a minimal and the offense continues to steam roll defenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    At this point, Cousins gives us the best opportunity to win.
    30 minutes before RG3 goes down

    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    Let's just keep RG3 in the game. Can't move and risking furthur injury. Great call.
    One play before RG3 goes down

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Martinsburg, WV
    Posts
    511
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewredskin3 View Post
    While the defense has been improving, we just played the Browns. We went from being THE worst defense to a mediocre one. I feel we will continue to improve, but marginally. We're still going to give up huge plays at inopportune times. That much is evident. We just have to hope we keep them to a minimal and the offense continues to steam roll defenses.
    True.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,657
    vCash
    1500
    It's never been a problem of coaching or scheme. We need better pieces in the secondary and better depth.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,715
    vCash
    1500
    ohh please stop with the excuses...our defense was awesome yesterday...we played the browns??? are you kidding me.. they won 3 straight and were beating on the GIANTS AND COWBOYS before they collapsed... make no mistake about it, the browns are a good team..they just dont know how to close out games yet..

    what about last week??the defense held flacco to 55 passing yards in the 2nd half and got him to go 3 and out in OT.... and the week before??? held the giants to 3 points in the 2nd half and 16 all together....

    please stop hating... we are far exceeding expectations on defense given the circumstances...half our starting unit on D (including our best defensive player) is on IR...are you kidding me??

    haslett is going no-where...i dont care if dick labeau is on the market, keep haslett..he has been so vital in our playoff run

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •