Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Will Teams Really Ship off One of Their Star Players? OKC Did It!

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Small market teams only

19 39.58%
  • No

15 31.25%
  • Hard Cap Anyone

14 29.17%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Miami Heat Salary Concerns...2014?

Are the Miami Heat ‘going to have to break up their team’ in 2014 due to salary concerns?

"As a repeat taxpayer, the Heat will be facing the highest incremental tax rates in NBA history. If, for example, the luxury-tax threshold is established at $75 million -- a highly optimistic gain of roughly $5 million from this season -- the Heat could be faced with a tax bill approaching $48 million. In total, they would be paying $141.3 million for 12 players."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1115--nba.html

Enjoy Haters
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkyxNNNefg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImlKH...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

vCash
    oh ****
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkeysuit View Post
    Rondo #1 PG in the league ...he has a ring to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Wall will win more and will be better then Irving Quote me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearadonisdna View Post
    u can't build a franchise around lebron. Its been proven already. he can't attract players and has to follow to be matched up with talent.

vCash
    i put this in the heat forum but i guess it got deleted so it could be on a ... general nba forum thread. Good call

vCash
    llullz ^

vCash
    The big 3 all have player options so it's not like the Heat can just break it up without a trade. Don't forget Miller will likely get the amnesty next season which should save Miami a ton of luxury tax

vCash
    I guess Bosh is done for.

vCash
    Lebron is the #1 option so he deserves the max; Wade might need to take a pay cut as he is beginning to age and isn't worth the max at 33 (he's already taken pay cuts); Bosh is the trickier one. I can see Miami giving Bosh the max to keep him and Lebron taking a paycut because he gets most of his money from endorsements anyways.

Honestly, I don't know whats going to happen, but its clear Lebron is and should be the Miami Heats #1 option to retain. Fill in the rest afterwards. Big factor is also if Riley is still around at that time to be GM (he'll be near 70 years of age and he's sold all his properties in Miami and is building a huge mansion in malibu - retirement is near?). It also depends on how many championships they have at the time. If its only 1, then expect an exodus.

This article is premature. Lots of time left until then. So many factors. So much time. We should be worried about the fiscal cliff and the Mayan Apocalypse.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max.This View Post
    i put this in the heat forum but i guess it got deleted so it could be on a ... general nba forum thread. Good call
    Best post ever.

Quote Originally Posted by jakedajewler View Post
    I don't know who any punters are, that's when i go take a piss

vCash

The HEAT will break up big-3:Yahoo

As a repeat taxpayer, the Heat will be facing the highest incremental tax rates in NBA history. If, for example, the luxury-tax threshold is established at $75 million -- a highly optimistic gain of roughly $5 million from this season -- the Heat could be faced with a tax bill approaching $48 million. In total, they would be paying $141.3 million for 12 players.
    "They're going to have to break up their team,'' predicted a rival general manager who has done the math.
    Unless the NBA's financial circumstances improve over the next couple of years, Arison will be faced with two unhappy choices: The Heat could run a big deficit in 2014-15 to pursue the championship, or he could break up their winning roster by way of trades, amnesty or by not re-signing James, Wade or Bosh, should they exercise their options to become free agents in 2014.
    If league revenues were to jump higher than expected over the next two years, the tax threshold would be raised accordingly and Arison might be able to find a way to escape with his team intact. But the NBA's TV contracts with ESPN/ABC and TNT don't expire until 2016, and league executives don't foresee major financial gains rescuing the NBA before the repeater tax takes effect.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1115--nba.html

I think Bosh could be the odd man out. Dont see them moving Wade after all he's done.

vCash
    Wooord!!....Bosh and Gasol in 3 team trade speculation coming in 3 2 1

Don't let your cape get caught on the Kareem statue

vCash
    already a thread
    [

vCash
    Bosh to Minnesota, HOU, DEN all make sense

Something like

Bosh/Chalmers

for
    Lawson/Faried

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waveycrockett View Post
    Bosh to Minnesota, HOU, DEN all make sense

Something like

Bosh/Chalmers

for
    Lawson/Faried
    I don't really see the Nuggets doing that.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Not 1, not 2, not 3.

Really though, the rumors of Lebron going to NY are going to be huge next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Not 1, not 2, not 3.

Really though, the rumors of Lebron going to NY are going to be huge next year.
    That would be all media hype, I don't see him choosing one off the NY teams, and to make room for him the Knicks and Nets would have to find someone to take Amare or Joe Johnsons contract.

Besides that I don't think anyone wants to go through a Decision 2.0

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast