Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    I would sign him tomorrow. He is is a n upgrade on all of our OF'S we have on the roster now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    A righty outfielder from the Red Sox.

What could go wrong?
    Jason B... Nah I'm not gonna say it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    I would take Ross or Hairston at this point. They are very similar players, virtually the same skill set. Ross having the upper hand so he would be ideal. I doubt they have the money though.
    I would take both. They definitely have the money with all the deferrals they made with Wright and Bay.

vCash
    Signing Ross to replace Hairston is an improvement, but I was hoping for more to look forward to in 2013.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I would take both. They definitely have the money with all the deferrals they made with Wright and Bay.
    They should sign both, but you know they won't.

Having both would allow us to get creative with platooning these guys in and out of the lineup with our younger lefty OFers (Duda, Kirk, etc.).

The Mets are going to be cheap. I get that. I don't disagree with it either. This is not the year to spend big.

However, signing Ross, Hairston, and a right handed catcher like Olivo or even Shoppich should be a part of the game plan.

It should be Sandy Alderson's job to make this team competitive in a creative way. Signing those 3 guys would be a cheap way to give this team a chance to compete.

2014 is where the better names especially in the OF become FAs. This would be our chance to make some serious moves.

Having said all that, I don't have much faith in the Wilpons and company. They probably won't sign any of those guys, and who really knows what they will do in 2014.

I wouldn't say that I have no faith in the Wilpons and Sandy, but I can't say that I trust them either. They have to earn my trust. They can start by extending Dickey for the very reasonable price he is asking for (assuming we can't get a good enough return for him via trade).

I just hate it though when they try to sell us fans on the idea of Duda being a real power threat, Thole being a legit starting catcher, or our OF as a whole being good enough to keep us competitive. I hate when they try to sell us that they like the roster as is and that we should just trust them. We aren't all idiots. We know you are full of ****. Stop trying to sell us a bunch of bologna.

Just man up, spend a tiny bit extra that you saved in your piggy bank, and use that money to find a creative, if even inexpensive way of fielding a somewhat competitive team that has a fighters chance. Thats all we are asking for in 2013.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 12-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    I like Ross and would want him if this team was in a position to compete fo a playoff spot but with the way the team is constructed unless Harvey, Niese and Dickey pitch lights out, the bullpen stops scrweing the pooch and they actually get guys in from second and third a hell of alot better this team will finish fourth ahead of Miami.....again. I am confused what direction this organization is heading in. 30+ something guys don't really show rebuilding. If they want to go all in and say they are competing then sign Bourn, sign Ross, get one of the available closers like K-Rod, sign Pierzynski, sign another starter and go for it. If they are not willing to do that then it's just a giant waste of time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    I like Ross and would want him if this team was in a position to compete fo a playoff spot but with the way the team is constructed unless Harvey, Niese and Dickey pitch lights out, the bullpen stops scrweing the pooch and they actually get guys in from second and third a hell of alot better this team will finish fourth ahead of Miami.....again. I am confused what direction this organization is heading in. 30+ something guys don't really show rebuilding. If they want to go all in and say they are competing then sign Bourn, sign Ross, get one of the available closers like K-Rod, sign Pierzynski, sign another starter and go for it. If they are not willing to do that then it's just a giant waste of time.
    Wait for 2014. Take a year off maybe. Personally, I'm going to root for a .500 season and enjoy it because I don't really like other sports all that much -- except Formula 1 -- and every day without Mets baseball is a day without sunshine.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    Wait for 2014. Take a year off maybe. Personally, I'm going to root for a .500 season and enjoy it because I don't really like other sports all that much -- except Formula 1 -- and every day without Mets baseball is a day without sunshine.
    We can all root for a .500 season but what changes were made that will increase their win total by seven?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER SEAVER View Post
    We can all root for a .500 season but what changes were made that will increase their win total by seven?
    As of December 11, perhaps none.
    John Maeda@johnmaeda

Knowing the overall *shape* of an idea, argument, situation requires as many facts, models, opinions as you can take/make to see a whole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    As of December 11, perhaps none.
    Thanks for that, I just came out of my cave.

vCash
    As long as whatever outifelders they sign are on 1 year deals I don't care how bad/mediocre they are. We can't make the mistake we did last year where we saw we had a hole in our bullpen and threw a multi-year deal at someone like Frank Francisco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rdg515 View Post
    Over seven full seasons Ross averages 22 83 .262...he hit 22 81 .267 last year hitting against the Green Monster. Would he hit 15 homers at Citi Field? Except for Swisher there are few free agent righty power hitting outfielders left out there.
    4th place

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    You and I haven't agreed on too much lately, but I am with you 100% on this. The only fly in the ointment is that Ross seems to be holding out for 3 years and I think Alderson won't give more than 2. He's also waiting to see who he gets (if anyone) for Dickey before he commits to a multi year contract.

I do think, however, that signing Hairston for 2 years now is a no brainer. Whoever they get in a trade, Hairston is a great option off the bench or as a platoon for either Duda or Nieuwenhuis.
    Former B'klyn Dodger fan. Mets Maniac since 1962.

vCash
    How many yrs would we sign him for? 2? 3? I don't see us winning in that time anyway. Ross seems like a guy to sign if you're close to competing for a WS. We need good young players under control for 5 or 6 more yrs. Not someone who'll be gone in 2 or 3 yrs anyway, while we still don't make the playoffs during that time. If we were planning on actually paying for some nice players soon, I'd say yes, but i don't think thats happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    a 31 y/o outfielder with a career 262 batting avg, this is how we rebuild
    name me one major league outfielder on the new york mets roster
    This is just the beginning. Let's keep it up. History is bound to repeat itself. Let's hope that this time it's for the best.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast