Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Cody Ross: 20 80 Man

Over seven full seasons Ross averages 22 83 .262...he hit 22 81 .267 last year hitting against the Green Monster. Would he hit 15 homers at Citi Field? Except for Swisher there are few free agent righty power hitting outfielders left out there.
    Bob
    Met fan since 1969

vCash
    I'd take him

vCash
    Yeah for the right price I wouldn't mind Cody Ross, he'd be an improvement over what we have already

vCash
    He seems like a pretty much perfect price/risk/reward play for this season.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    If the Mets aren't going to go with a total youth movement and conceed they are in rebuilding mode then sign Ross. The guy killed us enough during his days in Florida and he's gotten even better so they know what he is capable of.

vCash
    I would take him also but I doubt the Mets can affor him. They can't afford Scott Hairston so they can't afford Ross.

What a sorry state of a team.

The only way that you can show your displeasure is not going to the games, not renewing any ticket plans and not watching SNY, and not buying any Met products.I doubt any of this will happen so we will just have to grin and bear it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    I would take him also but I doubt the Mets can affor him. They can't afford Scott Hairston so they can't afford Ross.

What a sorry state of a team.

The only way that you can show your displeasure is not going to the games, not renewing any ticket plans and not watching SNY, and not buying any Met products.I doubt any of this will happen so we will just have to grin and bear it.
    That has yet to be determined.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I would take the chance as long as we don't have to break the bank. I don't want us to go the Bay route again.

vCash

Cody Ross: 20 80 Man

Mets need to sign more guy to add to my sig, Ross is too well known and does not fit the description.

vCash
    20 / 80 isnt that Bay's totals over 3 years?

This should be a no brainer, sign him! Internally we have poorman's options from the right side!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    I would take Ross on a reasonable deal, we have zero major league outfielders.

vCash
    I would take Ross or Hairston at this point. They are very similar players, virtually the same skill set. Ross having the upper hand so he would be ideal. I doubt they have the money though.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    A righty outfielder from the Red Sox.

What could go wrong?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Mets need to sign more guy to add to my sig, Ross is too well known and does not fit the description.
    Who are those guys? I didn't realize that we had even signed anyone.

Guess that's the point.

vCash
    a 31 y/o outfielder with a career 262 batting avg, this is how we rebuild

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast